Votes: 54 29.0%
  • At Vance

Votes: 52 28.0%
  • Communic

Votes: 64 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pyramaze51 said:
I voted for 10 , BUT of the 10 only 6 of them are my favorites. Left off the list is TAROT, NIGHTWISH, SYMPHONY X, SPERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE, TO-MERA, MINDFLOW, STREAM OF PASSION, and SCAR SYMMETRY.

Yep, in fact, six of the bands you mentioned would have easily vaulted into my choices on that poll, replacing bands that were definitely second-tier in my eyes.
Also add Therion, DTB, Cynic reunion show and (why not shoot for the effin' Moon) an Ayreon show and my journey toward the progside would be complete. :)

The Fiddler said:
Yeah, there are some good bands missing. If the poll feature would have allowed for 40 options (bands), I would have done it in a heartbeat. But, I was stuck with 20.

so actually it's not fair to do a poll like this - all the other bands being left outside as if nobody ever had wanted them to play

Greykiller said:
SymphX will release a new album at the beginning of 2007, IIRC from the news. Would be a lot of persons first choice, I bet.

Brainstorm: Deserves a headliner spot, and they still would not cover all of their discography. Would have been my first choice.

Not on the list, and not the subject of this thread but fuckit: I would still like to see Prototype return (opening slot or pre-party), Anubis Gate (def. first or second slot).

Finally, where the hell is DREAMSCAPE? They only kicked our asses twice, will have a new album out, and really deserve a third or fourth slot.

That said, I could only pick 6 bands I really cared to see...but that is ok because if I get 4 great new bands a year, I am very very happy.
I could only pick 7 myself. I 2nd all your suggestions as well. Plus:
  • Tarot
  • Stream of Passion
  • Kamelot
  • To-Mera
  • Nightwish (if they get a new lead singer and finish the new album)

Pyramaze51 said:
I love your attitude and if we all keep the positive fibes going to Finland i am sure they will have no choice but to choose her. By the way and i hope i ain't stepping on Colleen's Roses, but the audition cd and bio and pictures have been SENT.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: She mailed them i think yesterday or first thing this morning, and i saw the finally draft, and it is awesome, they will choose her just by reading the bio and the pictures:OMG:

She has my vote :kickass: :headbang:

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Pagan's Mind announced for a Saturday slot. They're the top vote getter (109) just behind Vanden Plas (107) at this point. Helloween (94) and Nocturnal Rites (89) would also be a good guesses.

Communic, Redemption, and Firewind have already made it.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Pagan's Mind announced for a Saturday slot. They're the top vote getter (109) just behind Vanden Plas (107) at this point. Helloween (94) and Nocturnal Rites (89) would also be a good guesses.

Communic, Redemption, and Firewind have already made it.

I had a strong feeling Helloween would play before today, but since Glenn has said Sonata are "the" headliner, I doubt Helloween are booked for this year.

I had a strong feeling Helloween would play before today, but since Glenn has said Sonata are "the" headliner, I doubt Helloween are booked for this year.

Good point. My best guess is that After Forever with co-headline with Nocturnal Rites on Saturday. Pagan's Mind gets the #2 slot on Friday. And here's hoping for Labyrinth at #3 on Saturday.

It is great to see that three of these bands made it! Either these polls still have some influence on Glenn, or just somewhat representative of how well bands are doing.

Even though I'd really like After Forever to play at PPVIII, I don't think that they will based on what I heard before (them not responding back to Glenn in the past). Now if we can just get Pagan's Mind and Riverside at PPVIII that would be great!