• Falconer

Votes: 54 29.0%
  • At Vance

Votes: 52 28.0%
  • Communic

Votes: 64 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Vanden Plas is getting most of the votes by default as you go down the list you pick the lesser of all evils. I don't recall them being particularly amazing, a really mediocre band for a power metal band last time I listened to something of their's a long time ago, but they may be considered a great band in Prog standards. There is just no way they should get more votes then Helloween or Labyrinth, unless the majority of the voters are more into Prog then Power, then I stand corrected.

dargormudshark said:
ok, this is my deal. Riverside is good but they are not fucking metal whatsoever. If Glenn got Riverside why not get Marillion the next year. Hell, Genesis is fucking heavier than Riverside. Leave Riverside up to Nearfest, which they already did.

LOL whatever...

If you step back and look at this thread, we look and sound like spoiled little kids complaining. PP has been too good, at this point we expect so much, when really we should be happy we get to see anything from overseas play here in the states. Human nature I suppose.

I voted for 10 , BUT of the 10 only 6 of them are my favorites. Left off the list is TAROT, NIGHTWISH, SYMPHONY X, SPERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE, TO-MERA, MINDFLOW, STREAM OF PASSION, and SCAR SYMMETRY.

Beyond Twilight would be up there for me... if I could figure out how they'd perform their latest album.

Pyramaze51 said:
I voted for 10 , BUT of the 10 only 6 of them are my favorites. Left off the list is TAROT, NIGHTWISH, SYMPHONY X, SPERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE, TO-MERA, MINDFLOW, STREAM OF PASSION, and SCAR SYMMETRY.

I only voted for 5, but i like your missed bands- To-Mera, Mindflow, SUE, Stream of Passion, Tarot and Scar Symetry. New blood please!

Pyramaze51 said:

Forgot completely about Nightwish!

Maybe that is a good thing? Oh wait they are getting a new lead singer!:heh:

They will have a new album out, a new lead singer, and have not been here for three(?) years.

Def headliner for PP8

Pretty Maids got more than me and Woosta voting so I'm stoked. Granted this is just a shits and giggles poll but man, I'm hoping in a couple of years maybe somehow someway the interest in them snowballs until they get a slot.

Honestly, I'm going no matter what bands play. Also, I'm not familiar with several of these bands, so I can't say which would be good - I know Glenn will get the best, and then at that point I can buy all the CDs and delve into new, amazing music. Hell yes for ProgPower! I wouldn't have known Pyramaze or Mercenary without last year's fest...

Greykiller said:
Forgot completely about Nightwish!

Maybe that is a good thing? Oh wait they are getting a new lead singer!:heh:

They will have a new album out, a new lead singer, and have not been here for three(?) years.

Def headliner for PP8

AND the new singer will be our good friend 13ShadesofGray:headbang: :kickass:

OK it's not like it's decided yet, but come on ..... you know it'll be her ;)

Pyramaze51 said:

Yeah, there are some good bands missing. If the poll feature would have allowed for 40 options (bands), I would have done it in a heartbeat. But, I was stuck with 20.

The Fiddler said:
Yeah, there are some good bands missing. If the poll feature would have allowed for 40 options (bands), I would have done it in a heartbeat. But, I was stuck with 20.
No problem, but to be honest i did like the 20 you had and choose 10, but those i listed were just some of the ones i want to see.

The Fiddler said:
maybe you can do a part 2 poll for 20 more bands. Then take the top 10 in each to pit them in a Part 3 thread!! :kickass: :lol:

yardleybates said:
AND the new singer will be our good friend 13ShadesofGray:headbang: :kickass:

OK it's not like it's decided yet, but come on ..... you know it'll be her ;)
I love your attitude and if we all keep the positive fibes going to Finland i am sure they will have no choice but to choose her. By the way and i hope i ain't stepping on Colleen's Roses, but the audition cd and bio and pictures have been SENT.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: She mailed them i think yesterday or first thing this morning, and i saw the finally draft, and it is awesome, they will choose her just by reading the bio and the pictures:OMG:

Entrerie said:
I think Vanden Plas is getting most of the votes by default as you go down the list you pick the lesser of all evils. I don't recall them being particularly amazing, a really mediocre band for a power metal band last time I listened to something of their's a long time ago, but they may be considered a great band in Prog standards. There is just no way they should get more votes then Helloween or Labyrinth, unless the majority of the voters are more into Prog then Power, then I stand corrected.

It all depends on what you like. Although I own two Labyrinth cds, I would not pay to see "just" them or Helloween. They're not my taste. As for Vanden Plas, they are the standard that Prog is measured:heh:

SX could play every other year, And it wouldn't hurt my feelings.:headbang: