Pre-Party line-up Announcement

13ShadesofGray said:
Ben... Lousy??
huh.gif

Don't make me come over there and smack you.
nunchuck.gif

Fine, They're not lousy, JUST ANNOYINGLY UNCREATIVE, much the same way I find Dreamscape a whole lotta nada.

BenMech said:
I missed CM last year due to a ticket malfunction in the vendor room. I'll miss CM this year because I think they're a lousy band

Well not everyone can have good taste. I actually wonder why you come to prog power, you seem to criticize more of the bands then praise them?

Circus Maximus is far from a lousy band, hench the reason they are playing the pre party, back by popular demand as Shane put it.

Bear

BenMech said:
I missed CM last year due to a ticket malfunction in the vendor room. I'll miss CM this year because I think they're a lousy band

Ben, if you don't like their music that's certainly your opinion, but on stage last year they proved how tight they were as a group and Mike simply shined on vocals. Again, you can obviously call their music lousy if you wish for your tastes - but as musicians, they are quite skilled.

Jason

Dark One said:
Ben, if you don't like their music that's certainly your opinion, but on stage last year they proved how tight they were as a group and Mike simply shined on vocals. Again, you can obviously call their music lousy if you wish for your tastes - but as musicians, they are quite skilled.

Jason

Yep...great technically skilled band & very good vocalist...hopefully great things are in their future.

ashaman7122 said:
Sorry, Glenn, for being an instigator and making you step in to "separate the children."

Ascension...peace between us bro! BS'ing back and forth is all in good fun...until someone gets hurt...or...whatever, you get the point. Two instigators come together and wreck things, I suppose... Seriously, beer is on me in September!

My buddy Rakosh tells me that no one's interested in my opinions after a few beers...can't imagine why...but everyone will be happy to know that I'm going out tonight and will NOT be posting on the forum upon my return.

Much love to all by metal brothers (and sisters, too)!

Rock on!

I also would like to offer apologies to all affected.

"In the heat of battle...wicked men do wickedly"

Ascension said:
Yep...great technically skilled band & very good vocalist...hopefully great things are in their future.

Same here - I'd love to see them carve their own niche and help carry the torch for their brand of metal down the road. I definitely owe Glenn a debt of gratitude for bringing them to my attention - it takes balls to put a "who the hell are these guys?" type band on the roster.

Jason

Ascension said:
I also would like to offer apologies to all affected.

"In the heat of battle...wicked men do wickedly"

It's cool man - you're certainly entitled to your opinion about any given band and it's obvious that you have a great deal of passion (which is an admirable trait). You just don't need to be so over the top about it. Believe me, you can say you're disappointed in the selection of Band A or B for whatever reason and people will absolutely listen to you the first time even if they don't agree. At the same time, it's also Glenn's "house" so to speak, and while he encourages healthy discussion, heated "rants", name calling and the like can (and does) reflect on him and even the festival itself. Anyway, thanks for the post. :)

Jason

adaher said:
Damn. I'm almost tempted to come for the pre-party even though I'm skipping the main show.

I'm seriously on the fence about the main show, but I'll be at the pre-party.

Dark One said:

Jason

I'll grant you this, as well as to CM.

Oh and Bear: of the 2 fests I could fiscally afford to show up, I went to catch bands I support who I might not have another opportunity to see otherwise. Plus there's an extended family vibe there.

Yes, I even include you

Sumeet said:
Is that like a wardrobe malfunction... but with tickets?

I misplaced my Friday night ticket as I went through the motions in the vendor room. Before and during Manticora's performance, and the front end of CM's time, Pellaz was EXTREMELY kind enough to provide one of his spare WREK-related tickets for the evening when I was panicked.

Bad Girl Tess said:
Where was everyone when Circus Maximus was performing last year?

I was about 5 feet from the stage. Focused on the band. You could have told me half the audience had left their seats and I would not have known.

Or cared.

I knew nothing about CM before they were announced. After four PP's, I have come to trust Glenn implicitly. I have done all I could to hear everything the PP bands put out before the concert and discovered 95% of the time Glenn is spot on with his picks. If you pre-judge bands based only on the downloads from this site you will miss out on some great performances. That is why I will be watching Nevermore despite my opinion about Warrel.

Shane you beotch! :tickled: :Spin:

C II C = absolutly amazing!

Circus MAximus = Shocking reprise!

Theocracy = been a long time coming!

Leatherwolf = I can kick it and have some beers again with my brotha' Geoff Gayer - and FINALLY see these guys live (rather than do a shitty rendiiton of their song live with Geoff) LMAO!!!

\m/
Dustin

Wow.

I missed out by staying away from the intarweb this weekend! Okay. BADASS lineup. Zak is bak!

About moving the pre-party.... I like the fact that the Vinyl Room is very deep and has plenty of room to mingle. I like that there's those couches, there's, what, three bars? It's a very cool place to hang out and warm up for the weekend. I wouldn't like the pre-party moved to the main stage, simply cuz it's supposed to be a separate event from Prog Power USA. They can still pack that place and get a great audience for the bands, but the only drawback I see compared to the main stage is that the Vinyl Room is flat and people in back have a tough time seeing things happen.

But I'd like to see the preparty stay in the Vinyl Room. I loved it last year.

I am so pumped to see Maximus again!!! They are definetly one of my favorite bands. I can't stop listening to them. They are going to kick some major ass again!!!!!!!