ProgPower USA Picture posting

Heres just a teaser of whats to show up on http://www.themetalmadman.com sometime this weekend.

Just a few Firewind shots for now (have tons of both Firewind, and Pagan's Mind)

gus1.jpg

frederick1.jpg

henning1.jpg

I wouldnt consider a phone recording a bootleg, I would consider it a lot of noise.

You should see what my husband can do with his "phone." It probably takes better (and far longer) video than my digital camera, which is only 2 years old. I swear, some of the're more like little handheld computers than phones. Quality recordings or no, I hope phone-shot bootleggers are caught *before* they become a problem. I'd hate to think what a pain in the ass it would be to have to institute a no-cell-phone rule. :b

Shaye

Great job again Todd !

Clear, sharp and noiseless pics as always.

Working on my PPeurope pics as we speak. The lightconditions we had weren't as good as you had on stage, so i do have some adjustments to make here and there. I had much better lightconditions a week previous to PP in a small venue here in town.
The other bad thing is that we only had male singers this year :heh:.

Looking forward to the rest.

Henk

You should see what my husband can do with his "phone." It probably takes better (and far longer) video than my digital camera, which is only 2 years old. I swear, some of the're more like little handheld computers than phones. Quality recordings or no, I hope phone-shot bootleggers are caught *before* they become a problem. I'd hate to think what a pain in the ass it would be to have to institute a no-cell-phone rule. :b

Shaye

You can't ban cell phones. I have never been to any concert where they banned them. It's the world we live in now. I don't see all the fuss over this anymore to tell you the truth. Some phones have great picture and video quality. How are you going to stop it? Most of the bands have to know this by now. There are videos from tons of concerrts on youtube and such. It's promotion at this point. The only people looking up these videos are fans anyway. :Smug: Either way it doesn't matter. The people that want to bootleg it will always find a way. Personally, I don't care about bootlegs or even official live recordings for the most part. Do people really still buy crappy bootlegs anymore? That shit is all over the net for free. I don't get it.

Shaye, this wasn't directed at you. I just thought you're response was most appropiate to qoute.:)

Shaye

You can't ban cell phones. I have never been to any concert where they banned them. It's the world we live in now. I don't see all the fuss over this anymore to tell you the truth. Some phones have great picture and video quality. How are you going to stop it? Most of the bands have to know this by now. There are videos from tons of concerrts on youtube and such. It's promotion at this point. The only people looking up these videos are fans anyway. :Smug: Either way it doesn't matter. The people that want to bootleg it will always find a way. Personally, I don't care about bootlegs or even official live recordings for the most part. Do people still buy crappy bootlegs anymore? That shit is all over the net for free. I don't get it.

Shaye, this wasn't directed at you. I just thought you're response was most appropriate to qoute.:)

Okay I know my pics can't come close to touching those of the other photographers that were in the "pit" those nights :) but I thought I should share with you only one third of our "job". Taking live shots is an added "nicety" to what we accomplish between sets. This is our ProgPower USA XIII Day 1 Photo Gallery:

http://www.metalexpressradio.com/menu.php?main=pictures&grp=217

Watch our site for the other two-thirds of our job including:

- a day-by-day review
- audio interviews with Floor Jansen, Niles K. Rue, Gus G.
- Niles K. Rue announcing each and every track of "God's Equation" on a forthcoming Daily Album Premiere.
- a Guest DJ spot by the entire Cellador band
- additional backstage photos with some of the band members
- ProgPower USA VIII artists IDs on our 24/7 stream!