ProgPower USA VIII Date

Actually, I had a studio at the RI this year for $99 through their website. In 2005, our room was only $90!! Now they want to charge $159 for the same room and they aren't offering and web discounts. Bummer. I guess they've gotten wise to us. :lol: So I'm going back to the Granada, which isn't cheap either, but since we don't have to rent a car or take cabs, it's not that bad. And since we have a kitchen, my boyfriend and I will just stock up on groceries. I should have a few people over to our room because he cooks like a mofo. :headbang:

~C
Hot damn! I never manage to eat much a ProgPower. I'll chip in for groceries for a chance to have a decent meal.

Damn.... how did they do it ALREADY?

I called back to the 800 number to 'fix' a small but insignificant part of the reservation. When I checked back on the reservation online, the room had been changed from 2 queens to 1 King-- and the rate was changed from AAA to "Best Rate" which added about $70 to the bill...so after calling back and being transferred 3 times and being on hold for 20 minutes while the national place called the Granada directly, they *supposedly* have everything fixed-- I guess we'll see when I check back in a week....

I got a suite in the Granada, and it was cheaper than the RI this year. They are doing nothing short of gouging this year, and it sucks.

Yeah I was checking rates at the RI and I asked how much for just a normal King suite and she was $179.00, I laughed at her and hung up.

I think October is a much better idea. Better chance of it being a little cooler, slightly less chance of a major hurricane keeping people away(September is the peak month).

I for one heartily celebrate this change and hope we have all future Progpowers in October.

Got our two-bedroom party suite booked at the Granada. The date of the festival WOULD be pretty inconvenient if I weren't graduating this winter, since this university usually begins at the end of Sept./beginning of Oct., so it would've been the first week of school.

Woohoo for graduating! It solves all my troubles! :p

I think October is a much better idea. Better chance of it being a little cooler, slightly less chance of a major hurricane keeping people away(September is the peak month).

I for one heartily celebrate this change and hope we have all future Progpowers in October.

I like it as well. Gives me the chance to have an extra vacation in July or August as well and time to rest up for PPUSA :headbang:

Bear

Got our two-bedroom party suite booked at the Granada. The date of the festival WOULD be pretty inconvenient if I weren't graduating this winter, since this university usually begins at the end of Sept./beginning of Oct., so it would've been the first week of school.

Woohoo for graduating! It solves all my troubles! :p

Congrats Drew!!!!

:cry: *Sniff Sniff* My birthday is on September 11 and ProgPower (for the past three years that I've attended) has always fallen on the weekend following my birthday. The festival has been like my own little (erm... and by "little" I mean totally awesome) birthday gift to myself for the past three years. Although I will most certainly still be attending ProgPower VIII, I guess I'll have to find a new way to celebrate my birthday come next September. Ce La Vi. Not a big deal.

I'm glad the date is finally set so we can start booking the room and such. I suppose this is also good news for Metal Rose, since she had a wedding to attend that was set for around the typical time of ProgPower (mid-September).

Booked my rooms at the Residence INN and Damn!!!!!!!!! Even with discounts and all for a 2 bedroom suite it was $209@night. Holy shit $209 for a bed and a toliet. Oh well, gotta have it, so i am there, except the airlines aren't booking yet for that week, but it will be no problem as i can tell.

Great Weekend choice Glenn it will be awesome.

hey man, i bboked mine at Residence it was ONLY 189 for a suite. you better give them another call

I called back to the 800 number to 'fix' a small but insignificant part of the reservation. When I checked back on the reservation online, the room had been changed from 2 queens to 1 King-- and the rate was changed from AAA to "Best Rate" which added about $70 to the bill...so after calling back and being transferred 3 times and being on hold for 20 minutes while the national place called the Granada directly, they *supposedly* have everything fixed-- I guess we'll see when I check back in a week....

So did you book directly with them, their website, or a third party? I called the Granada directly, spoke to a guy named Anthony, and he took it over the phone. Got my email confirmation the next day. I have always stayed at the RI because of the "stories" of room issues with the Granada... but the price difference might just push me there (I do have a reservation at the RI too, but it was purely a "Backup").

This means that these bands for sure won't be there (might update... when more info is released)::

Jon Oliva's Pain
Heaven's Cry
Circus Maximus (well duhr)

So did you book directly with them, their website, or a third party? I called the Granada directly, spoke to a guy named Anthony, and he took it over the phone. Got my email confirmation the next day. I have always stayed at the RI because of the "stories" of room issues with the Granada... but the price difference might just push me there (I do have a reservation at the RI too, but it was purely a "Backup").

I made the reservation with the website and when getting it 'fixed' I used the 800 number as from past experience, the Granada doesn't always have instant access to the reservations online.

Last year we made a change directly through the Granada and they 'inadvertently' cancelled the reservation. That took a couple hours and numerous calls to fix.

The year before we got bumped out of the hotel, though they didn't tell us until 3pm on Friday-- after we'd already talked with them at least 3 times that day.....

Oh, we have a backup hotel this year.

EXPENSIVE! I guess that means Justin (mosquito), Dave (trentdk), and I will be sleeping in Dave's SUV this year. We're all cheap bastards.

Joking.....maybe.