ProgPower USA XI

He did it again!! :worship:

Being those old-timers (yeah, we did go to the concerts when Michael Schenker left the Scorpions for UFO and Marc Bolan was still alive), every now and then we get that feeling "looks like we've finally seen it all". Trust Glenn to come along right then and prove us wrong!! :OMG:

He did so back in 2006 when we just HAD to do the trip from Germany to Atlanta to witness that spectacular show of Evergrey featuring Carina (on my birthday, so once more: A million thanks for this awesome present, Glenn!)
Now he did it again: TAROT performing at ProgPower XI -- on the very day of my husband's x0th birthday!!! YES!! YES!! YES!! :headbang: :headbang:
Plus --for the icing on the cake!-- Delain in the slot before Tarot. Glenn, you really have a knack for creating those special moments in life!! :worship: :worship:
Marco performing with Delain would be (as to myknowledge) a worldwide first. It's an event that people here in Europe are eagerly waiting for ever since Delain released their first CD. I kinda like Delain, but "Control the Storm", "Nothing Left" and "The Gathering" are truly our favourites of them (guess why...)! Maybe we could even get them recorded on DVD???

To speak with sarbah 77: "I'm pretty sure I started jumping up and down, screaming, grabbed Jeremy" (well, I, of course, grabbed my own husband) "and said" (sorry to admit, but I screamed like crazy) " "TAROT IS NEXT! HE CAN DO GUEST VOCALS!" "

Glenn, you didn't make our day -- you made our whole year! :heh: Come hell or high water, we're going to be there!!

P.S.: Lotsathanx to Aki for spreading the good news! As our paths never seem to cross in Finland nor Germany -- here's hoping that we'll finally meet in Atlanta! :cool:

I wasn't there this year, but I just watched the teaser video for XI on the main PPUSA page and damn...I have to go next year come hell or high water. The fact that there are a number of bands that I have only just started listening to or even haven't heard of yet actually makes next year a more exciting prospect, IMO. :D

I know my whole band is going plus some. It's like a dream come true to have Hammerfall and Stormwarrior in one night!

I'm really not thrilled about Delain. One female fronted metal band gets thrown a bone most years; why, next year, did the most mediocre band in the genre have to be picked? I can think of 20 better, more deserving bands.

Then go put on your OWN festival. And good luck with THAT attitude.

Please read, and then re-read Glenn's post about Delain.

Some people just don't get it, and for a newbie, your attitude is highly offputting.

If this is the way you're going to act on Glenn's forum, please stay home next year.

Okay, I'm sorry. I just had to get that off my chest. I'm better now. The original text of this post was MUCH worse btw, but I thought better of it.

Perhaps a little thought should go into your posts in the future too!

Then go put on your OWN festival. And good luck with THAT attitude.

Please read, and then re-read Glenn's post about Delain.

Some people just don't get it, and for a newbie, your attitude is highly offputting.

If this is the way you're going to act on Glenn's forum, please stay home next year.

Okay, I'm sorry. I just had to get that off my chest. I'm better now. The original text of this post was MUCH worse btw, but I thought better of it.

Perhaps a little thought should go into your posts in the future too!

Settle down, hoss!

I haven't done one of those in a few years, but I may have to sit down and write something up this weekend.

Indeed. I'd certainly be interested in reading a "behind the scenes" blow-by-blow encapsulation. I'm particularly interested in how the stars aligned for the (very appropriate) Fates Warning closing night gig.

If you post it, they will read.