ProgPower VI Line-up

Yngvai X said:
I don't understand the idea of booking Bodom...number one, they're becoming pretty popular here...number two, they're neither prog nor power...they're thrash metal if anything.

You forgot " number three. they're expensive...."

Half of these I think have a good chance of playing, half I hope, all I'd love to see:

Evergrey
Pagan's Mind
Jag Panzer
Stride
Mercenary
Accept
Masterplan
Labyrinth
Sinergy
Magnitude 9

Whatever Glenn comes up with is fine with me!!!

Neal

i'm gonna have another go at it too in this thread and update/change my original list...

Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Pyramaze
Symphorce
Outworld
Epica
Manticora
Masterplan
Rob Rock's RoC
hmmmm..... ah what the hell, oddball... Freak Kitchen.

Ah what the hey... I'll give it a shot...

Sonata Arctica
Demons & Wizards
Threshold
Angra
Symphony X
Pyramaze
Mercenary
Freedom Call

And 2 Other bands in the opening slots that I'm not familiar with, but might like...

FatesFan said:
General, I was wondering what your take is on the “Evil Masquerade” album. I thing musically and vocally it is a brilliant album. It is, as I understand a concept album about nightmares. I have not read the lyrics and was wondering what your take on them was.
Honestly, this is the first time I've even heard of them. Are song samples available somewhere?

FatesFan said:
Also, I would like your input (and anyone’s for that matter) on what you think Edguy’s “King of Fools” is about.
I think someone else hit the nail on the head. The song is about those who follow blindly, be it religous or political leaders.

Zod

General Zod said:
Honestly, this is the first time I've even heard of them. Are song samples available somewhere?

I think someone else hit the nail on the head. The song is about those who follow blindly, be it religous or political leaders.

Zod

Here is some info on "Evil Masquerade" :

Performed by :
Henrik Brockmann, Henrik Flyman, Kasper Gram, Dennis Buhl
Special guest keyboard players:
Mats Olausson, Richard Andersson, André Andersen, Lars Boutrup
Recorded: Drums at Media Sound (Copenhagen, Denmark) by Peter Brander and Henrik Flyman. Mats keyboards at Rama 1 Studio (Gothenburg, Sweden) by Anders Haglund. Richards keyboards at Richard Andersson's Home Studio (Malmö, Sweden) by himself. Andrés keyboards at Mirand Studios (Copenhagen, Denmark) by himself. Everything else got microphonized at the Digital Bitch (Copenhagen, Denmark) by Henrik Flyman.
Mixed: Media Sound (Copenhagen, Denmark) by Steen Mogensen.
Produced: Henrik Flyman
Mastered: Famous Kitchen (Adelsheim, Germany) by Andy Horn.
Music and lyrics: Henrik Flyman

Web site: http://www.evilmasquerade.com/

Link to sample: http://cliche.parameter.dk/click/767224a06973b227827dedeba2deeff6
Not the best song on the album.

Here is my updated and final prediction for Prog Power 6....

Stratovarius
Symphony X
Angra
Masterplan
Evergrey
Sonata Arctica
Jag Panzer
Angel Dust
Pyramaze
Imperanon

TheGraveDigger said:
Here is my updated and final prediction for Prog Power 6....

Stratovarius
Symphony X
Angra
Masterplan
Evergrey
Sonata Arctica
Jag Panzer
Angel Dust
Pyramaze
Imperanon
Well I've never heard of the last 2 bands, but that would be the ultimate lineup!!! If it's anywhere close to that (esp with the now reunited Stratovarius), we're there!!! :headbang:

FatesFan said:
Also, I would like your input (and anyone’s for that matter) on what you think Edguy’s “King of Fools” is about.

I found this snippet of an interview on That's So Metal.com

4. What inspired the song “King of Fools”?

EDGUY: American Idol shows, Star Search, things like that. We wanted to show that people were like puppets running around on stage and we wanted to make a statement about what real talent is. Being a musician used to be something you had to work hard for, now a days if you just go to a casting you get to be a Rock Star. It’s like a game. Stars don’t last long today, and there is no real talent in popular music.

1. Pyramaze Great new band

2. Evil Masquerade

3. lets add Royal Hunt

4. Vision Divine

5. Norther

6. Lordi What a band

7. Olympos Mons Check these guys out

8. Arwen Great metal from Spain

9. Thalion

10. Archetype

I really really really really really don't think and would not like to see Thalion on the fest... First of all, they haven't really done much touring, never an international show abroad. They're only kids (from 18 to 21 if I'm not wrong), I heard they're not very professional yet, nor they have experience. Their album is to say the most a decent album, nothing very special about it. The Michael Kiske appearance could be minimized. Try Angra instead, who are a very professional and ultra experienced band, that put out the best album of 2004 with some great special guests (Talking about Hansi Kursch and Kai Hansen in the same album?) and were definetly one of PP III's highlights...

But then again, that's just my personal opinion added to some real facts =)

Ruthven said:
I found this snippet of an interview on That's So Metal.com

4. What inspired the song “King of Fools”?

EDGUY: American Idol shows, Star Search, things like that. We wanted to show that people were like puppets running around on stage and we wanted to make a statement about what real talent is. Being a musician used to be something you had to work hard for, now a days if you just go to a casting you get to be a Rock Star. It’s like a game. Stars don’t last long today, and there is no real talent in popular music.

I'm not sure what American Idol has to do with "being left behing to live the wicked way".

Not only that but he's wrong. American Idol may feature really bad music, but these folks can sing. It gives everyday Americans with great vocal talent a chance to become stars.

It's certainly raising the bar of talent above the likes of Britney Spears.

Tobias should try out. He'd have a good chance of winning and could get Edguy some more attention.