Psychotic Waltz/Nevermore/Symphony X Euro tour

They aren't exactly that well-known so I don't know why they're headlining (although some people could argue the same thing for Sanctuary and piss me off...). But yeah, cool band, great tour package.

They aren't headlining ...
I'm guessing that it's a co-headliner tour for SympX and Nevermore (as both are quite the same size in Europe). Psychotic Waltz is opener.
c.

I only got into Psychotic Waltz recently. Known the name for years but never bothered to try them out. Great band. They aren't exactly that well-known so I don't know why they're headlining (although some people could argue the same thing for Sanctuary and piss me off...). But yeah, cool band, great tour package, Nevermore is a million times better than anything No Username likes.

they aren't...PW is the opener...

Loomis can play circles around Romeo,

You sir, obiviously have never played a guitar.
You sir, can go jump of a cliff into a pit of vipers.
You sir, deserve to have your typing fingers chopped in half..... I think obituary made a song about that already.

IMHO.

no hard feelings. :p hahahhaaha

loomis:

OR

Romeo:

Yes both guitarist are DAMN good. Far better than anything i can even comprehend.

EDIT: This based off of pure shredtastic skill. NOT THE BANDS THEY PLAY IN.

From a technical stand point, Michael does far more FREAKING REDICULOUS hard skill bassed things like string skipping. loomis is a sweep master however michael romeo's hands are small and circus clown like. thus leaving him to tap out and string skip all the appegiations which is FAR more difficult. Especially pulling it off as clean as he does.

and not to mention his name is just plain out more rediculous. Michael Romeo. Anyone with a name like that, that wears a shirt like that, that plays guitar, should hands down win the gold plated bathtub....... just because.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see now why I've never heard of them.

You got that right. Actually I have heard and Psychotic Waltz and listened to a few of their albums. I even had the rare Buddy Lackey album. I couldn't stand it or the band and sold them. Definitely an acquired taste, just not mine. But there some parts of the Deadsoul Tribe I like. It's not quite as wierd, disjointed and wacky as Psychotic Waltz. But Deadsoul Tribe has also been stuck in a musical rut over the last few albums. So I am not surprised PW reformed.

Generally speaking, there's a good reason why you haven't heard of some bands. They weren't very good and/or very bizarre.

You got that right. Actually I have heard and Psychotic Waltz and listened to a few of their albums. I even had the rare Buddy Lackey album. I couldn't stand it or the band and sold them. Definitely an acquired taste, just not mine. But there some parts of the Deadsoul Tribe I like. It's not quite as wierd, disjointed and wacky as Psychotic Waltz. But Deadsoul Tribe has also been stuck in a musical rut over the last few albums. So I am not surprised PW reformed.

Generally speaking, there's a good reason why you haven't heard of some bands. They weren't very good and/or very bizarre.

I never said because they were bad. If you read my next comment I said I liked what I had heard. I meant more in terms of their history and the last time they were together, makes sense why I haven't heard of them.

You do realize that this tour is not booked for your personal benefit, right?
You do realize that Nevermore has a big name around the "power/progressive" metal circles, right?
You do realize that this tour is in Europe where Nevermore has a much larger name than over here in the US, right?

:err:

Yep
Yep
Yep

So why aren't they the headliners if they are so big?

I would see SymphX if they were touring alone.
I would see PW if they were touring alone.

I would not see NeverAgain if they were giving away free groupies at the door.

Another thing they have going against them is that NA apparently tours a lot. Pyschotic Waltz does not. Maybe SymphX tours a lot, but they only hit the same areas over and over.

My original question was (Does anyone else wonder why they are on this tour?)?
Just wondering is all...

Another thing they have going against them is that NA apparently tours a lot.

Stop posting. Please. For the love of the internet. Maybe Ken can make a new thread and not post a link, maybe you can go have a meltdown there.

Nevermore tours a lot? HAHAHAHAHAHA

First US tour in 5 years. Thanks. They don't tour Europe that often either, for that matter.

Yep
Yep
Yep

Another thing they have going against them is that NA apparently tours a lot. Pyschotic Waltz does not. Maybe SymphX tours a lot, but they only hit the same areas over and over.

Just wondering is all...

Umm...they actually might be the headliners. As mentioned in this thread this is a co-headlining tour of both Nevermore and Symphony X.

Actually none of these bands really tour a lot. You can't even say yes or no to PW since they've been inactive for so long.

They're on this tour because they fit with the other bands in terms of style in my opinion. I think these three mesh well together honestly.

Yep
Yep
Yep

Just wondering is all...

Dude, you just lost this thread by a landslide - I was thinking at first that you knew so little about Nevermore that it was an accident you called them NeverAgain, but seeing that you purposely do so, makes you a big loser.

Yep
Yep
Yep

Just wondering is all...

just shut up already

just shut up already

Naaaaaw.

Claus:
Love you man. Don't share your opinion. This is not about winning or losing, it is a discussion about the roster. Recall my comment about Kenny Chesney. He is a bigger "star" than all three of these bands combined, but he has no more business playing on the same stage as NeverAgain. I am sure NeverMore will put butts in seats. It is my sincere hope that some of the fans that come to see NeverMore walk away with the feeling that "those other two bands kicked my ass!"

Touring Frequency: I re- stated an opinion that others have voiced about NeverMore: they tour A LOT. Do a search on this in the forum, and SEE who says that (you might be surprised!) . I have been calling them NeverAgain for years, since I have watched them twice (because they were on before a band I really wanted to see) and hope sincerely that I will not be in the same building with them, "again"

I understand the term "co-headliners" but IMO the band that plays in front of me last IS the headliner. And if that band was Nevermore, I would be out the door.

Someone will provide record sales data that "proves" one band or the other should be called the headliner. Talent-wise, content wise, music wise, I think the other two stand head and shoulders above and are well worth the money.

If this tour came to Orlando, or Tampa, or Miami, I would go see it; PW and Symph X deserve all the exposure they can get. NeverMore deserves 0 attention, I M O.

If nobody else wants to echo this opinion, that is fine.

Naaaaaw.

Claus:
Love you man. Don't share your opinion. This is not about winning or losing, it is a discussion about the roster. Recall my comment about Kenny Chesney. He is a bigger "star" than all three of these bands combined, but he has no more business playing on the same stage as NeverAgain. I am sure NeverMore will put butts in seats. It is my sincere hope that some of the fans that come to see NeverMore walk away with the feeling that "those other two bands kicked my ass!"

Touring Frequency: I re- stated an opinion that others have voiced about NeverMore: they tour A LOT. Do a search on this in the forum, and SEE who says that (you might be surprised!) . I have been calling them NeverAgain for years, since I have watched them twice (because they were on before a band I really wanted to see) and hope sincerely that I will not be in the same building with them, "again"

I understand the term "co-headliners" but IMO the band that plays in front of me last IS the headliner. And if that band was Nevermore, I would be out the door.

Someone will provide record sales data that "proves" one band or the other should be called the headliner. Talent-wise, content wise, music wise, I think the other two stand head and shoulders above and are well worth the money.

If this tour came to Orlando, or Tampa, or Miami, I would go see it; PW and Symph X deserve all the exposure they can get. NeverMore deserves 0 attention, I M O.

If nobody else wants to echo this opinion, that is fine.

Are you really this much of an idiot in real life too? I could give a fuck about the opinions of you or your dumbass friends, the fact of the matter is, nevermore does not tour a lot. Not in this world and not in your fantasyland. I'm gonna hold you to this other part when you say you wont be in the same building as them when at least 3 of the 5 members will be at progpower performing as sanctuary.