QUEENSRŸCHE: Dedicated to Chaos

These two clips make me nostalgic for the awful "Get Started"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1JWWOL-opI&feature=share[/ame]

:puke::puke::puke:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Around The World sounds like a simple copy of a mediocre Phil Collins song. I didn't even bother checking the other video, as I know it is most likely not going to be better.

Now we wait... :lol:

YOU'VE GOT THOSE SUNGLASSES

"Around the World" was better than I expected. The lyrics were lame, but the song itself was not terrible.

"Got It Bad", however....... Godawful. Wretched. Pain-inducing. Seriously, put this up amongst the very worst material they have ever done. Pure garbage.

And I am being NICE with those comments.

Thanks for posting the videos. I don't want to jump too much on the QR bashing bandwagon because I actually enjoyed American Solider and really enjoyed their last show in Portland a couple of years ago. But these new songs make we want to give my copy of Rage for Order a hug.

Queensrÿche's new song 'Around The World', is currently available for free download from the band's Facebook page (hit 'like' to access to the track).

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/163301

Bryan Reesman at Attention Deficit Delirium recently caught up with QUEENSRŸCHE drummer Scott Rockenfield to discuss the band's new album, Dedicated To Chaos. An excerpt is available below.

Q: What can you tell us about Dedicated To Chaos? Is the title a play on Rage For Order?

Rockenfield: "I personally think that it does play [on that]. In a nutshell, I’ll give you the story of what and why it is. We started working on this thing a year ago, and Geoff [Tate] had this concept for chaos. Our career has been 30 years long, and it’s basically been chaos. We’ve done a lot of different things, we’ve had ups and downs, etc. etc., so he threw out that idea and asked us to chew on some music that might reflect this broad picture. We started throwing some stuff around, and I think in doing that we started to define it as a Rage/Empire thing for us. We didn’t go, 'Let’s do a real thick concept record,' like we did with American Soldier or some of our other albums. We focused on songs and the [current] delivery method being single song downloads. We decided to do a strong record of tunes, kind of like what Empire would then become, and mixed it in with being modern in the Rage For Order concept."

"Once again, this is my definition of how I proceeded to write material for the record. I wanted to combine those two eras for us because I’m really into them, the Rage but now. I compose and do all sorts of industrial stuff in these movies and other things, so I wanted to add that to what we did. For me, it defines those two eras for us, but in kind of a modern way. Geoff just took all the music that we kept feeding to him, and what he was interested in he would sing on. We wrote write a shitload of stuff and gave it to him, and what inspired him was what we started defining as the songs for the record. We ended up with a record with 16 tracks [12 made the cut], and we’re going to promote this as the Dedicated To Chaos tour. But it’s also our 30th anniversary this year, so that’s also our big plug. It’s also why I’m excited that we married some of our past with the present."

The song samples I've heard either 1. do this no justice, or 2. imply exactly what I've (and most people who probably - smartly - gave up on the once-mighty Queensryche eons ago) feared, and that is, this is high quality (sound only) bland drivel. I'm not sure why I'm compelled to keep "hoping for the best, but expecting the worst" but I do. Must be that insanity pathology I keep hearing about. Anyhow, I'll have to listen to ALL of the samples from the CD again, soon, but generally, when NOTHING makes an impact on first listen, the mediocrity is that apparent. It's like the slightly older brother of TRIBE and HITNF and Q3, the worst QR of all. Egads man!

They should rename the album "Dedicated to Shite" , man that hurts to say as Warning, RFO and OM:I are in my top 20 albums all time..... Someone needs some meds in the Ryche camp for even going there with this new material

Bear

I'm amazed at the utter LACK of Ryche apologists trying to defend this album. The comments I have read on the boards are completely universal in their utter disgust towards this release. I have not seen ANYTHING (OK, few people like the cover art) positive about it.

I'm honestly (and I do mean HONESTLY) waiting to see what TDD has to say about this album, as I don't think he has posted any thoughts since the samples were posted on Amazon. Maybe he is patiently waiting to give it a fair shake when it comes out, I dunno.... Up until I heard the samples on Amazon, I was going to still buy it and give it a full try, but at this point I CAN'T.

I'm amazed at the utter LACK of Ryche apologists trying to defend this album. The comments I have read on the boards are completely universal in their utter disgust towards this release. I have not seen ANYTHING (OK, few people like the cover art) positive about it.

I'm honestly (and I do mean HONESTLY) waiting to see what TDD has to say about this album, as I don't think he has posted any thoughts since the samples were posted on Amazon. Maybe he is patiently waiting to give it a fair shake when it comes out, I dunno.... Up until I heard the samples on Amazon, I was going to still buy it and give it a full try, but at this point I CAN'T.

As was mentioned on another thread, he's been gone for weeks.

In terms of the people who do like this, I think it's older guys. But moreso older guys that didn't necessarily grow up listening to them. My dad for one loves everything Empire and beyond. He hates everything before that. I've argued with him about it time and again and I just don't get it. So, maybe there's more people like him that keep them going.

I think there are are a few that want to believe so bad that QR hasn't completely lost it, so they try really lard to say they like it, withouth even really thinking it through..... Also, based upon that Scott Rockenfield interview, it seems like Geoff runs the show. He mentioned a couple of times that they ran the material by Geoff..Yep, I think he carries the whip in the band..... To me, it just sounds like they've just got completely lazy...They elect to compose easier songs that don't require much efffort....

I've played the amazon.com samples for at least 10 people who I know have loved QR at least one time during their career, and all of their comments are the same, "absolute garbage"....I hope they fall flat on their face with this cd....

The album leaked. It's worse than you can imagine. It reminds me of Lenny Kravitz mixed with David Bowie a little bit and some sort of eclectic U2isms as well and a few token grungy riffs. Not terrible influences to have but Queensryche make it sound like complete and utter garbage.

Here's what I posted on facebook today.

"The comedy album of the year goes to QUEENSRYCHE with their latest shitfest "Dedicated To Chaos"! Congrats! Pure hilarity at how BAD this album is, and yes I tortured myself by listening to the entire album ONCE. Now if you'll excuse me I have to dip my ears in some Peroxide!"

Here's what I posted on facebook today.

"The comedy album of the year goes to QUEENSRYCHE with their latest shitfest "Dedicated To Chaos"! Congrats! Pure hilarity at how BAD this album is, and yes I tortured myself by listening to the entire album ONCE. Now if you'll excuse me I have to dip my ears in some Peroxide!"

You are a brave one sir! Lol

I'm sorry,Dedicated to Chaos is a horrible Queensryche,but it still is an amazing album,especially to any respectful singer.

Some people think Justin Bieber is amazing. I kind of put you along with those people.

Yeah....

Who cares about songwriting....

If it doesn't have some shitty ass power metal scales then it isn't good right?

I guess your nickname already answers my question.