QUEENSRŸCHE: Dedicated to Chaos

Yeah....

Who cares about songwriting....

If it doesn't have some shitty ass power metal scales then it isn't good right?

I guess your nickname already answers my question.

I think you will find a wide diversity of tastes on this board, far more than "shitty ass power metal scales". Universally, ALL OF THEM agree that this Queensryche is garbage. Songwriting, performance, tone, the whole works.....

Seriously, what kind of defense can be offered for this album?

Oh yeah,i forgot that to be a successful album to the tr00s it needs to be a concept album about slaying dragons and rescuing the twilight princess.

Ok i'll stop joking now,I find this album as Chinese democracy,it's not a guns album,but overall an amazing record.

Tate once again is delivering some amazing singing perfomances and vocal lines of his career,sure,he won't be able to hit At the Edge's or Big Noize's notes live,but Tate was never an incredible live singer.

Well,i don't think i can't say much,this record could be easily interpreted as a concept album,but oh yeah,the covert art should have a horseman heading to the dragon's nest,aww crap, i need to get a hold of myself.

It would be better if Tate had released as a solo album,what it is,but as axl,he needs Queensryche fame,what ends up backfiring his plan of being a successful songwriter.

Yeah....

Who cares about songwriting....

If it doesn't have some shitty ass power metal scales then it isn't good right?

I guess your nickname already answers my question.

Yeah. If you think Angra is a shitty ass power metal band, and modern era Queensryche is anything better... you need help.

And by the way, congrats on a dumbass comment. Go run towards oncoming traffic now.

Oh yeah,i forgot that to be a successful album to the tr00s it needs to be a concept album about slaying dragons and rescuing the twilight princess.

Ok i'll stop joking now,I find this album as Chinese democracy,it's not a guns album,but overall an amazing record.

Tate once again is delivering some amazing singing perfomances and vocal lines of his career,sure,he won't be able to hit At the Edge's or Big Noize's notes live,but Tate was never an incredible live singer.

Well,i don't think i can't say much,this record could be easily interpreted as a concept album,but oh yeah,the covert art should have a horseman heading to the dragon's nest,aww crap, i need to get a hold of myself.

It would be better if Tate had released as a solo album,what it is,but as axl,he needs Queensryche fame,what ends up backfiring his plan of being a successful songwriter.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. This is great, I needed a laugh this morning.

I haven't heard the album, and honestly, it is very low on my list of cds to check out because OM II and American Soldier were nausea inspiring.

But I'm going to take issue with Tate was "never an incredible live singer". I saw Queensryche in the late 80s when they were still an opening act. I was blown away by Tate's performance. That's one of the reasons their recent output had been disheartening and downright sad.

I haven't heard the album, and honestly, it is very low on my list of cds to check out because OM II and American Soldier were nausea inspiring.

But I'm going to take issue with Tate was "never an incredible live singer". I saw Queensryche in the late 80s when they were still an opening act. I was blown away by Tate's performance. That's one of the reasons their recent output had been disheartening and downright sad.

What i meant is that Tate was never able to hill 70% the notes he recorded on the studio.

Mindcrime 2 was so so,complete crap if comparing to the first one,but again,Re-Arrange You,Murderer,Speed of Light,great vocal perfomances and vocal lines.

American Soldier was indeed pure crap.

All you have to do is go to YouTube and look up some old live queensryche footage. What you will find is that Tate could indeed hit all his notes in the live setting. He was a pretty phenomenal frontman for many years. Unfortunately those days are gone .. he's just a shell of his former self.

Britt

And I'm not looking for "Tate can't sing anymore" type of comments. We all know his current vocal situation. Also, to be fair to the guy, I still think he has very rich low tenor voice which he can use to great effect for the right material. To me, the reason American Soldier sucked was far from Tate's inability to hit high notes anymore. That's been a given for nearly two decades. The problem with later-day Ryche has been weak songwriting, as most of you will agree. American Soldier is actually a good album from a production standpoint with its thicks soundscapes and detailed mix, but the songs are not there. Add to this the horrific voiceovers that keep popping up every 30 seconds with the shitty subject matter and you've got a stinker. I never really listened to Mindcrime 2 either because they were obviously trying to cash in on it when they could. I've heard comments that the new album is very "digital" sounding and that makes me curious. A recent interview with Wilton reveals he is actually still open to the idea of playing metal, but something within the band does not really let him have his say. It sounds like Tate is so caught up in writing crap-filled music there's no room for Wilton to offer any ideas. Whether he has anything left to contribute after this point is, of course, questionable.

So has anyone heard a full copy of the new Ryche? What exactly does it sound like? How does it hold up to their more recent output, especially American Soldier?

The interview in question is below in case anyone's interested:

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/06/15/michael-wilton-interview-dedicated-to-chaos/

NP: Elsesphere - Blind Leading the Blind

I listened to the whole thing once in its entirety.

I posted my thoughts on the album by creating what I think should be the REAL title, and album cover but it was deleted due to the graphic nature of the picture. I will post a link to the pic but I say use CAUTION when viewing. Not work safe! (No there isn't any nudity)

WARNING THE FOLLOWING PIC MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME!

http://www.themetalmadman.com/japan/QueenShit.jpg

I heard this on Eddie Trunk's show on sattelite a few weeks back

e1038.gif

not surprised that I had that reaction after 30 seconds

QUEENSRŸCHE: See Band's New Video, But Only If You Can Prove You Purchased New Album

"Get Started", the new video from Seattle progressive rockers QUEENSRŸCHE, can be seen using the widget below. However, in order to see the clip, you have to first "validate" your purchase of the band's new album, "Dedicated To Chaos".

:lol: really?

As someone mentioned on Blabbermouth, "so now you have to buy the shitty product first so you're allowed to watch the shitty commercial later?"

I guess very few people will be watching the video..

If that's the way they think they're adapting to the new ways... :lol: Fail. Again.