Question concerning next year's line-up (to the promoter)

David N.

New Metal Member
Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Is it too early to be asking about next year's line-up, or do you already have some bands in mind? Out of curiosity, do you pick the bands based on your personal preference, or do you choose them according to the fans' requests?

It is indeed a bit early. I have a few target bands in mind, but I will not approach them until January.

As for the band selection, it's a combination of things:

1. Personal preference
2. Fan preference
3. Marketablity (are you "hot" at the moment)
4. Cost

Glenn H.

Shaman
Labyrinth
Sonata Arctica
Lost Horizon
Vision Divine
Insania
Heavenly
Adagio
Superior (Again and Again!!!!)

If any 1 of those appear, I would be happy!!!! Obviously the more the better!

good choices
I'd like to see Mezarkabul/Pentagram from Turkey. Glenn, I'd gladly burn their last 2 cd's for you to get a taste of their music if you don't know them. That would only be in their best interest,you know, sharing their tunes with a promoter.

Labyrinth - no thanks
Sonata Arctica - not my thing, but they fit
Lost Horizon - yuck, blech, pleh
Vision Divine - who?
Insania - who?
Heavenly - who?
Adagio - no thanks
Superior (Again and Again!!!!) - again? yes. again and again? nah.

GZ

Holy crap...not another thread requesting line-ups or speculating on wish lists for next year...

Man...give it a rest...for the sake of good taste and our promoter's sanity...

hehe...

General Zod said:
Labyrinth - no thanks
Vision Divine - who?
Insania - who?
Heavenly - who?
Adagio - no thanks

GZ

Hey Zod, tight huh?

I second what ashaman 7122 said. Also, I think we should institute an automatic 10-day ban from the board for anyone who describes anything as "tight". Especially those who make entire posts to say only that. Unless it's used in the proper manner, of course.

General Zod said:
Labyrinth - no thanks
Vision Divine - who?
Insania - who?
Heavenly - who?
Adagio - no thanks

GZ
Zod, I hate to break it to you, but they may "all" not be your thing, but they "all" do fit! And as for the bands that you wrote "who" next to, I would seriously recommend listening to them although you may not be impressed since you are more prog oriented, and all 3 bands are power/speed metal. "No thanks" to Labyrinth and Adagio!!! Why? If I remember correctly, you are a SX fan, so I would think you would love Adagio. Anyway, to each his own. Lata