Time for the Cryptic clues concerning this year's line up

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
I know it's only Oct, but i think next year will be a sellout very quickly as Glenn has referred to a few times and a return to the line-ups of olde.
So anyone care to venture a guess as to theh line -up. I heard that one of the openers was this awesome band from Italy called RAINTIME hehehehehe. So lets have not your want list but a list of who you think will play.

I guess its fate that this post came up today. I appreciate Bear giving me a chance to relax, but it's ok my friend. There will not be a "clue" post this year. Allow me to explain.

The prog/power music scene is different here in the States than what it was 2-3 years ago. There are tours now available to bands you never thought you would see. There are numerous festivals popping up all over the place giving bands a chance to play as well. The element of surprise is getting harder to pull off because of eager booking agents (remember how long ago the Blind Guardian tour was announced?) and clubs that announce unconfirmed shows (*cough*Jaxx*cough). If I continue to play by the rules that I set back in 2000, then I'm going to have more trouble and we are going to lose that special feeling of knowing a band is coming here to play first and foremost. I *hate* working my ass off to get the bands, they book a tour after confirming with me privately, and then it gets announced to the public as if I'm just part of the tour. That chaps my ass like nothing else.

Most people think that I take some time off after the festival and start working on the show towards the end of the year. That is true to a certain extent. However, I started unofficially confirming bands as early as October the past few years to make sure I stay ahead of my competition.

My regular schedule for announcing things is to wait until mid-January and the start dropping 2-3 bands every couple of weeks and finish in February. Tickets go on sale a month later. I think it's time to change that in order to combat the problems I listed above.

Therefore, I'm going to announce a single band every two weeks (give or take a day) starting later today. If you look at the calender, you will note that will take us all the way through February and everything stays on schedule.

How does that effect potential sponsors that haven't sent in their bid by the deadline I originally gave? Well, it doesn't to a certain extent. I already have a nice list to choose from now so I can announce the bands that I have sponsors already lined up for now. Unlike the past, I do not have the entire lineup or even a single headliner booked yet. I can still adjust on the fly accordingly over the next few weeks. I do that more than people realize anyway when it comes to applying sponsorship bids. With sponsorship demand being larger than ever, I can also accept bids after naming a band as well.

I do have a tenative date for the festival next year. However, it is not confirmed with the venue yet. I will not be announcing the date of the festival until all bands are confirmed privately. The rationale is that I don't know how many hotel rooms I will need until I'm finished. I can tell you that the show will indeed be in the fall of 2007, but not the exact same weekend as the previous two years.

cheers,

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, you have to be the hardest working promoter there is in the business today, my hat is off to you.

Holy Crap I was not expecting this news today/ looking forward to seeing the 2nd band announced today.

Well damn G,lets not relax then, lets get hyped!!! I think thats awesome that you have alot of the bands already booked, I am sure that takes loads of pressure off of you concerning tour announcements and whatnot....I look forward to the excitement the announcments generate.

Bear

Man, I hope the fest doesn't get moved to later in September, as that's usually when school starts for me.

edit: And then again, I just remembered that I'm graduating this spring, so I don't have to worry about it. Haha :p

Evergrey should be on the list.

I think the new way of doing things is great. Just limit the number of engagement annoucements. This is a rock event where we go to get away from everyday life. lol...

woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo !!! Everyone hasn't even had a chance to post their pics from this year yet and we're already building our excitement for next year. Ridin the waves here baby !!!! Too excited!!!!!

Harvester said:
If all goes right, I should be ready around 3pm EST *and* have a world wide exclusive mp3 debut from the band's upcoming album.
DAMNIT!!!! I have a Dr's Appointment at 3pm!!!!:cry: