R.I.P. Mark Shelton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegard Pompey

ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU
Feb 26, 2008
Duwang
Mark Shelton (of Manilla Road, Hellwell) passed away today (the 27th of July, 2018). Cause unknown at the moment but he reportedly died at a hospital following a show in Germany.

He went out just like Lemmy, playing until the very end.

Give them hell with flaming bloody steel forever.

Reactions: CiG
Mark Shelton was a complete legend who lived for heavy metal and devoted over two thirds of his life to playing music for his fans. He was also an extremely down-to-earth person. I was super sad to learn that he passed away after a concert, because he has always been such a nice man and his passion for heavy metal was obvious to anyone.

He passed away from a heart attack that was caused by heat exhaustion after playing a very hot outdoor concert. It's especially sad because it was probably a bit preventable, so I hope that outdoor fests will try to make the conditions less tough on the musicians because a lot of these older bands are playing at similar concerts. I don't want to read about any more people dying early because the venue is outside and nobody is making sure that everyone stays cool and hydrated.

I have cleaned this thread of a particular comment and its responses. You never know who is on these forums and their relation to deceased individuals. I have found this out first hand by being too "hands off" when this exact situation happened in the past. This is not a written rule but one I will deal with as it occurs.

I understand nothing may be meant by it and I did read it as a complete joke and not serious from the OP - but the metal community is sometimes too small - so posts like that do not have a home here, please, and thanks.

Terrible, terrible thing. Saw them on this tour in Prague about a month ago and basically since then I'm having his songs stuck in my head. Now this.

Unfortunately this is not the first time I went to a show and then the person died. Last time it was Peter Steele. And well.

I might stop going to shows.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
I have cleaned this thread of a particular comment and its responses. You never know who is on these forums and their relation to deceased individuals. I have found this out first hand by being too "hands off" when this exact situation happened in the past. This is not a written rule but one I will deal with as it occurs.

I understand nothing may be meant by it and I did read it as a complete joke and not serious from the OP - but the metal community is sometimes too small - so posts like that do not have a home here, please, and thanks.

Thank you Deron. I wasn't here and don't know who posted some funny shit but that person shouldn't post on a forum at all, basically. :erk:

Terrible, terrible thing. Saw them on this tour in Prague about a month ago and basically since then I'm having his songs stuck in my head. Now this.

Unfortunately this is not the first time I went to a show and then the person died. Last time it was Peter Steele. And well.

I might stop going to shows.

You seem to carry bad luck my friend.

May the upcoming week be devoted to Manilla Road. I'm going to listen to their entire discography in honour of Mark. R.I.P.

Thank you Deron. I wasn't here and don't know who posted some funny shit but that person shouldn't post on a forum at all, basically. :erk:

Just some person who can't pass up on any opportunity to express their dislike for Manilla Road no matter how inappropriate the context. You did miss a post by HamburgerBoy in which he actually expressed respect for The Shark, though. Never thought I'd see the day.

Reactions: The Butt
Just some person who can't pass up on any opportunity to express their dislike for Manilla Road no matter how inappropriate the context. You did miss a post by HamburgerBoy in which he actually expressed respect for The Shark, though. Never thought I'd see the day.

Another person told me that happened, so, cool. :)

i don't get why that was deleted, wasn't relevant to oz's post at all. maybe deron was just independently creeped out by hbb expressing such sentiments and deleted it to put the universe back in order.

Damn. Very sad news. Although I wasn't the biggest fan of To Kill a King, The Blessed Curse convinced me that Shelton still had a lot of great music to share with the world. While it's sad to see him go, he did create classic works that still capture the souls and imaginations of metal fans of all ages. One of the things that is so powerful about being a human is that even when our existence ends, it can resonate through our ideas and creations. In that sense, Shelton will resonate for generations to come :kickass:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
i don't get why that was deleted, wasn't relevant to oz's post at all. maybe deron was just independently creeped out by hbb expressing such sentiments and deleted it to put the universe back in order.

I'm on vacation, casualty of reply. If it referenced the deleted post it was deleted, no other reason (usually I edit individual posts but being on vacation I have limited internet).

Status
Not open for further replies.