Rammstein Rectifier (The best i ever did!)

reaper1984

CP-Metal
Aug 4, 2011
Sweden
soundcloud.com
Something similar to Rammstein.
What do you guys think?

Here's the mix i did "updated":
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29742157/less_gain.mp3

I'm gonna try and find some better "shaking strings" don't know what it's called. It's not tremolo strings anyway, cause that's shaking too much, but most metal bands use these type of string stuff, anyone know what its called? I'm gonna use em to play that little "string melody" that you can hear in the bakground kinda.

Something similar to Rammstein.
What do you guys think?

I'm gonna try and find some better "shaking strings" don't know what it's called. It's not tremolo strings anyway, cause that's shaking too much, but most metal bands use these type of string stuff, anyone know what its called? I'm gonna use em to play that little "string melody" that you can hear in the bakground kinda.

Oh, and btw it's revalver 3 :Smokedev:

You vibrato strings like orchestral strings can do?

Tagged for later btw, not a big fan of downloading wav or MP3 files on my work PC ;)

You vibrato strings like orchestral strings can do?

Tagged for later btw, not a big fan of downloading wav or MP3 files on my work PC ;)

I mean like at 45-46seconds in this track forexample that typical "string sound" begins, they sound like they have some kind of vibrato going on or whatever!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3rGO2WhZGg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3rGO2WhZGg[/ame]

You should use www.dropbox.com or www.soundcloud.com. A lot of people (myself included) will ignore listening to someone's mix if it involves me having to wait and download it from a site. Dropbox and Soundcloud are great because you can just click and play right on the page.

I'm thinking about stealing that riff and just making something else for the rest.
Since i don't like the other stuff in that song, just that riff, or well its not "exactly" the original riff, just similar, so i guess it's not stealing either.."inspiration" :D
But anyway, thanks man :worship:

i didn't really "go for it" i just played a similar riff, but sure that tone they have is amazing! :D
I'm gonna change the kickdrum, it needs to be much fatter, it feels kinda gay and soft now.

You should definitely try using a bit less gain on the guitars, otherwise it sounds pretty great.

Dropbox and Soundcloud are great because you can just click and play right on the page.

Strange, Dropbox links never allowed me to do that. I'm guessing you use Quicktime or some bloated crap like that, in which case it would most likely work from speedyshare as well.

Dropbox = instant download. You can either stream it (if you're a quicktime user) or download it instantly. Speedyshare you still have to wait for a download. I personally prefer dropbox or soundcloud so I dont have to download on my work computer. I can just stream it. They are both free and much faster and easier to use; not to mention more convenient for everyone... I dont see what the problem is and why some people insist on bitching and complaining about using it.

Dropbox = instant download. You can either stream it (if you're a quicktime user) or download it instantly. Speedyshare you still have to wait for a download. I personally prefer dropbox or soundcloud so I dont have to download on my work computer. I can just stream it. They are both free and much faster and easier to use; not to mention more convenient for everyone... I dont see what the problem is and why some people insist on bitching and complaining about using it.

Some seconds extra probably, if i remember correctly when i had quicktime, it loaded instantly when i clicked a speedyshare link, and the time that takes to load, is most likely a second here or there slower (if so) then the dropbox, but since you sound like you have a little freetime, then go ahead and use dropbox.:loco::D:tickled:
and btw, hijacking someones thread discussing this type of stuff is not okay!! :)hahamiddlefinger:

The band should put out a double live album.

Haha, what does this have to do with my thread? It's a rate my mix/tone thread, not a information of how rammstein is supposed to put out a new double live album.
But, hey, that's cool. I just listen to some of their songs because i usually like some of their guitar tones.:D

You should definitely try using a bit less gain on the guitars, otherwise it sounds pretty great.

Strange, Dropbox links never allowed me to do that. I'm guessing you use Quicktime or some bloated crap like that, in which case it would most likely work from speedyshare as well.

Thanks for the comment, i think what you realy mean is bring down those highs, i actually raised the highs a hillarious amount with eq, a 10db boost, so im backing it off quite a lot.