Roll Call - Whom here is from IL ?

No, I'm saying you're not enough of a lard-ass to make that tattoo I had placed on you in your sleep worth-while! Now start eating and mooning!

Jason is not the mooning type. He is way to uptight for that style of humor. He is more of a knock-knock joke type of guy.

Duchess....how long are you guys in Chicago for? Just one night or are you guys sticking around for a day or so?

Jason is not the mooning type. He is way to uptight for that style of humor. He is more of a knock-knock joke type of guy.

Duchess....how long are you guys in Chicago for? Just one night or are you guys sticking around for a day or so?

We're probably gonna hit the road on Saturday and hit up Pittsburg for a gig on Saturday. We'll be in Chicaga for Thursday and Friday night, tho'!

Pepper is not touring with C.O.C. This is the "Animosity" lineup of Mike, Reed & Woody. They are sticking with the hardcore punk music.

Yeah, I knew that. He hasn't played with them in about 2 years now I think. The point was that given his involvement in the band, I expected them to be more of a household name, even if you weren't into the band.

to re-rail this thread.......

there is some Chicago stuff happening this week and month.

Novembers Doom is playing Reggies this friday the 13th.

Red Line Tap is having thier 3rd year anniversay and having a free show I think on the 28th. The line up is less than stellar but most of the usuals who go there will be at the MDF.

The line up is less than stellar but most of the usuals who go there will be at the MDF.

Not sure how this is a selling point....

Are you saying that it's a cool crowd of people since some who go there travel to MDF? Not trying to give you crap, just not seeing how that fact equates to a selling point for what you yourself describes as a less-than-stellar lineup.

Not sure how this is a selling point....

Are you saying that it's a cool crowd of people since some who go there travel to MDF? Not trying to give you crap, just not seeing how that fact equates to a selling point for what you yourself describes as a less-than-stellar lineup.

what I meant but you didnt understand is that pretty much allt he bands who play there usually wont be around since they are all going to be at MDF. So for a big anniversary show like this they had to scrape the bottom for bands to play. I am sure if this was any other time they would have gotten better bands to play. It is going to be a very under attended show for it being an anniversary show. Plus most of the people who do go to the MUYT shows are all traveling so this show will be really under attended. So hopefully this helps explain to you why this show is out there but will be empty. I was just putting it out there for anyone who is looking for local shows.

I am sure if this was any other time they would have gotten better bands to play.

Metal Up Your Tap first anniversary lineup:
Enforcer
Ozer Katz
Nekropsy

Second anniversary:
Arriver
Nethervoid
Czar

So this year's lineup, also filled with bands apparently not good enough to deserve mention in this thread (Reptoids, Chapstik, Trials), doesn't seem like any sort of aberration. I think you may be trying too hard to rationalize why you're interested in a show that isn't particularly attractive!

On another topic, Woods of Ypres is playing tomorrow night at Reggie's, a night before Novembers Doom plays there. This, after both bands played together in Toronto in 2005, and then together again in Chicago in 2009. I wonder if they were trying to play together once more and just f'd up on the date? :loco:

Neil

Metal Up Your Tap first anniversary lineup:
Enforcer
Ozer Katz
Nekropsy

Second anniversary:
Arriver
Nethervoid
Czar

So this year's lineup, also filled with bands apparently not good enough to deserve mention in this thread (Reptoids, Chapstik, Trials), doesn't seem like any sort of aberration. I think you may be trying too hard to rationalize why you're interested in a show that isn't particularly attractive!

On another topic, Woods of Ypres is playing tomorrow night at Reggie's, a night before Novembers Doom plays there. This, after both bands played together in Toronto in 2005, and then together again in Chicago in 2009. I wonder if they were trying to play together once more and just f'd up on the date? :loco:

Neil

having seen all three bands playing this months show explains why I wont be there.