So Sal? Karl?

I was very surprised that the singer from Collage was the same singer from Believe last year (I'll have to accept the word of others about this). Last year he seemed very humble and laid back, but very over theatrical to a negative. Boy did he get confidence. In fact he was a egocentric prick, but still over theatrical. However much he rubbed me the wrong way, there is no denying his singing ability. "We Are Collage"

One thing I didn't like about a few of the groups there, Red Sand, Clepsydra and to a lesser extent Collage, is that the lead guitarist only played in the upper register (down at the bottom of the neck). Where is the dynamics? They need to mix things up a little bit more.

My favorites of the weekend were, in no particular order, Beardfish, TYS, Frightpig, and Caravan (bucket list band for me). There was a big drop-off after these four but the rest would be in order Collage, Subsignal, SoC, EoS, Clepsydra, Red Sand.

I had a great time. Attended with my wife and two friends. My 7th straight. The sound I thought was the best ever (I was sitting in the Middle). I wish they had this year's sound last year, as I thought that a few bands (PoS and Riverside) were too quiet last year. The lights pissed me off a little (shining directly in your eyes), especially during Beardfish when it seemed the worst.

Unfortunately I did not meet Sal.

Unfortunately I did not meet Sal.

Hopefully next year Karl when (fingers crossed!) IQ play.

Did not make it Ken.
I had a business obligation on Saturday morning, that I could not reschedule, so I decided not to attend as I was only going to Friday's Clepsydra show & since, I heard, they plan to release a new album & tour the US, I will see them in NYC when they play a full show.

From what I have heard, although the playing was excellent, Clepsydra's sound was poor due to the sound man running the board.

Wow...I figured that was your bucket list band.

I would be shocked to see them perform in the US again. I guess you can always fly to Switzerland to see them. Beautiful country and great chocolate.

I would be shocked to see them perform in the US again. I guess you can always fly to Switzerland to see them. Beautiful country and great chocolate.

I get people from Janssen in Belguim all the time & the Chocolate they bring is unreal..:headbang:

Business over pleasure!
Bad timing; they are not going to pay my bills :)
(nor allow me to shop at Laser's Edge! :lol:)

If they do play here, I will see them next time. If they don't, oh well.

They say that is their plan but you know better than I about tours so maybe they won't.

By the way, If I ever go to Switzerland, seeing them would not be at the top of my list of things to do there. (I would visit a brothel 1st!) :cool: