Sonata Arctica's 'Reckoning Night'

The album is definitely one of their better albums I think. I especially like Misplaced, Don't Say a Word, and White Pearl, Black Oceans...

Wonder if we will see them at PPVI?

I will see them in a couple of weeks opening for Nightwish. Not a big fan of them, but should be entertaining. The singer seems to be awful live...will see how he does this time.

I bought the digi-pack version that CD Inzane stocked first. My CD cuts out for 2 seconds at the 11-second mark of the 1st track.

Anyone else have this problem?

Rock on!

i think the new sonata sux ass ,its very boring ,the music doesnt have the groove ,and they can replace the drummer with a drumming machine.(thats just my opinion though)

The new album is definitely Sonata. I still am not certain on my opinion of it because... well with Ecliptica, it was love at first listen. Silence I didn't like at first, and then it just hit me and that quickly became the fav. Then Winterhearts I wasn't impressed with at first, and again, just one day during a random listen, I "got it" and it overrode Silence. I'm waiting for that to happen with Reckoning Night. White Pearl, Black Oceans is thus far my favorite tune.
And I REALLY think they need to headline PPVI. And as long as Manticora is in the set somewhere, my presence is 100% guaranteed barring any chance of death.

chibitotoro said:
I'm reasonably sure it's supposed to be that way.
If it is on purpose...it's just a damn odd (and random) cut...it doesn't even really "clip" out, but rather, the level just drop for a 2 second period...not part of the song or for any effect that I can see.

I suppose if it's just a glitch, maybe that makes this edition more of an oddity or collector's item...but what a crappy way to screw up a song...

Winterhearts Guild came out in April or May of 2003 I believe. I have heard bits and pieces of the new album which I have downloaded but I need to buy it and listen to it in whole. What I have heard I liked so far.

Winterhearts came out in the first quarter of 03, the US release didnt come out til much later however.

My opinion of REckoning Night isnt a good one, I find this way way too easy for the guys. It seems to me as if they are going through the motions without any real heart or feeling.

Ben

enki3600 said:
Then Winterhearts I wasn't impressed with at first, and again, just one day during a random listen, I "got it" and it overrode Silence. I'm waiting for that to happen with Reckoning Night. White Pearl, Black Oceans is thus far my favorite tune.

Same thing happened to me.... A friend let me borrow Winterhearts Guild.... And I was excited, because I'd loved Ecliptica and Of Silence.... Then I was listening to this.... Kind of had it as background music... Was doing something else and when it played "Broken," which I'd heard before, I suddenly realized... That was the only song so far that had made me say "This is a good song." Everything else seemed real dull.....

Then one day I was listening to it over some headphones, and suddenly started noticing all these little things that I'd not heard before..... Small things that made a huge difference... They did a lot of cool stuff.... So then I listened to more of the album that attentively and found it not to be so bad anymore.... Though I still think it's my least favorite of the three..... I found Reckoning Night more enjoyable my first time through though...