Songs we most want to hear(besides what we KNOW they'll play)

adaher

Apr 18, 2004
Coral Springs, FL
For me:

Dreamscape: Panterei trilogy, All I Need, You Don't Know Me
Manticora: Creator of Failure, Keeper of Time
Circus Maximus: Alive, Glory of the Empire, Silence From Angels Above
Orphaned Land: Building the Ark, Ocean Land
Conception: Cry, Roll the Fire, Would It Be the Same
Angra: ZITO, Morning Star
Stride: Borrowed Time
Symphorce: Across the Plains, Searching
Pink Cream 69: Gods Come Together, Burn Your Soul, Shelter
Therion: Blood of Kingu, Son of the Sun, Voyage of Gurdjieff
Stratovarius: Eagleheart, No Turning Back, Tomorrow

Stratovarius: Fantasia, Elements, Mother Gaia, Soul Of A Vagabond, Stratofortress

Elements Pt. 1 and Infinite were two of my first power metal albums a couple of years ago, unfortunately those songs aren't too popular.....especially Fantasia, I'd really love it if they played that.

I'm not sure which songs are the Conception fan faves with an exception for Roll The Fire; but they better play parallel minds...that have to. As well as Cardinal Sin and Soliloquey.

For Strato...some stuff from Twilight Time, Dreamspace and Fourth Dimension would be pretty sweet. I am sure they will play Distant Skies and maybe Against the Wind, but We hold the key would kick major ass. From Dreamspace...Chasing Shadows, Fourth Reich, Eyes of the World, title track. Twilight Time and The Hands of Time would be cool. BUt almost above all DESTINY....THEY HAVE TO PLAY THAT SONG!!!

Angra....I have to here Rebirth live! Heroes of Sand and Evil Warning would kick ass as well.

with Manticora I am not sure what the fan faves are but I would love to hear The Twilight Shadow.

I would like to hear some old Therion maybe

I have a good idea of what Stride's gonna play and I am content with it.

I'm kind of not too happy with Stratovarius coming out with a new album......I can't imagine it's anything special, and I spent a bunch of money buying a bunch of their back catalogue and now they'll probably be playing a ton of the new album.....-_-

Barking Pumpkin said:
I'm kind of not too happy with Stratovarius coming out with a new album......I can't imagine it's anything special, and I spent a bunch of money buying a bunch of their back catalogue and now they'll probably be playing a ton of the new album.....-_-

i agree with you... i like Strato, but i'm not a die hard fan.. and i prefer to hear the classics songs, not new songs...

You guys must have missed what's been going on over at Stratovarius.com. The band put up a poll where the fans chose the "ideal" setlist for the upcoming world tour. They are planning to stick heavily to that, specifically since this is their first North American tour. I would be surprised if we got more than two songs (Maniac Dance being one) from the new album. Here is the results of the poll:

black diamond: 403 votes

hunting high and low: 329 votes

destiny: 323 votes

father time: 290 votes

paradise: 276 votes

speed of light: 274 votes

forever: 265 votes

the kiss of judas: 260 votes

eagleheart: 253 votes

sos: 241 votes

twilight symphony: 239 votes

a million light years away: 238 votes

will the sun rise: 237 votes

distant skies: 236 votes

visions: 236 votes

against the wind: 234 votes

legions: 234 votes

phoenix: 233 votes

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
You guys must have missed what's been going on over at Stratovarius.com. The band put up a poll where the fans chose the "ideal" setlist for the upcoming world tour. They are planning to stick heavily to that, specifically since this is their first North American tour. I would be surprised if we got more than two songs (Maniac Dance being one) from the new album. Here is the results of the poll:...

So they're pretty much sticking to that? I saw that and voted when they did it, but kind of thought it was more of a suggestion thing than "this is what we're doing." And with the new album, I kind of thought the set would be changed a bunch to reflect that. Oh well.....no "Fantasia" regardless. Can't please everyone.

Strato: Hunting High and Low and Millenium
Orphaned Land: Call to Awake and The Storm Still Rages
Manticora: It Feels Like the End and Cantos
Angra: Rainy Nights and No Pain for the Dead
Stride: Travesty
Circus Maximus: Alive and Sin

I thought the name of the thread was "Songs we most want to hear (besides what we KNOW they'll play."???

I have no idea at all what is essential Conception, so I just picked my favorite tunes. If Roll the Fire is an absolute must for them, I'm all right with that.

As for Stratovarius, that setlist would be awesome.