Rank the PPVI Bands in the Order You Most Want to See Them Play

1. Angra - My favorite band
2. Conception - My favorite singer
3. Pink Cream - Readman kicks ass
4. Manticore - Reminds me of Blind Gaurdian
5. Circus Maximus - That one song was awsome
6. Stratovarius - Good Prog/power band
7. Stride - I liked the ppv demo
Not really into Orphaned Land, Symphorce, or Therion, but im sure they'll put on some good live shows.

1. MANTICORA - possibly the most excited I've ever been to see a band live, if they play :worship: Cantos :worship: it would own, game over, I'll already be worn out after the first band. These guys have been in my CD player non-stop since the announcement.

I'm really indifferent about the next few (that's a first for me, I'm usually geeked about at least 5 bands, but I think Manticora has overshadowed them all).

2-4. Conception, Stride, Orphaned Land - all of these bands I've listen to quite a few times and they should be great. :hotjump:

5-7. Therion, Strat, Circus Maximus - Therion should be interesting on stage, Strat will put on a good show even though I don't know a lot of there I'm looking forward to the CM disc, all three of these bands should be good. :headbang:

8-10. Angra, Symphorce, PC69 - These bands don't really do much for me, and yes I was at PPIII and saw Angra. Hopefully at least one of these 3 will surprise me. :D

Overall I'm happy - with Manticora playing it will be awesome, but I was kinda hoping for a few other bands I really dig to make an appearance (Demons & Wizards, Labyrinth, Dragonforce, Mystic Prophecy, maybe an Evergrey reappearance), oh well maybe another year. I can't complain cuz most years I get multiple bands I like, this year I get the one band I want to see the most...There's my 2 cents

Jeremy

Dark One said:
Definitely, I'll be at the following shows at the Troc:

Wednesday 3/21: Amorphis, Into Eternity, Beyond the Embrace
Wednesday 4/6: Kreator, Vader
Saturday 4/23: Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy
Wednesday 5/4: Europe

And of course, PP VI

:kickass: :kickass:
I'll be there for all of those, with the possible exeption of the Europe show.

Zod

General Zod said:
I'll be there for all of those, with the possible exeption of the Europe show.

Zod

Zod, you still listening to that new Kreator disc? I wouldn't really consider myself a big thrash fan, but I'll be damned if that disc isn't probably my favorite so far this year. I think it's excellent. I think every song is good, and some are excellent.

Britt

Alright, I have exactly two CDs by all of the bands announced. One Strat and one Angra, and I don't really listen to either of them. That being said, I am looking forward to all the bands. I will check all of them out and see what I like. Thanks to going to this fest the last two years I am now a big fan of Pagans Mind, Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Into Eternity, and others. I never heard of them before PPIV and PPV. I am sure a few of these bands will have a new fan after PPVI. I prefer more of the heavier bands with some crunch to them. :headbang: This year doesn't seem to have a lot of that but I'll still be there.

DarkTide said:
Zod, you still listening to that new Kreator disc? I wouldn't really consider myself a big thrash fan, but I'll be damned if that disc isn't probably my favorite so far this year. I think it's excellent. I think every song is good, and some are excellent.

Britt

I think it's a major disappointment as a follow up to the awesome Violent Revolution. If you haven't heard that one yet, just let me know.

Dark One said:
I think it's a major disappointment as a follow up to the awesome Violent Revolution. If you haven't heard that one yet, just let me know.

Nope, haven't heard that one. I'm rather new to Kreator. The only other one I've come across was Coma Of Souls, but I haven't been able to give it a good listen yet.

If VR is that much better than EoG I've got to hear it. I guess I find EoG to be so solid that it's hard for me to imagine someone using the term "major dissapointment" in regards to it.

The title track, Impossible Brutality, Dystopia, and Voices Of The Dead are all standouts to me, and the rest of the tracks rank from solid to quite good.

Britt

Dark One said:
I think it's a major disappointment as a follow up to the awesome Violent Revolution.
I'll have to revisit that one. I recall listening to it once or twice, and not being overly impressed. I currently think that "Enemy of God" was the better of the two CDs.

Zod

I *love* Kreator. love love love love Kreator. Enemy of God is next on my purchase list (is it actually out in the states yet?). Violent Revolution is definitely one of their best albums ever.

I remember talking to Mille briefly after their set at the Nile/Kreator/Vader/Amon Amarth/Goatwhore show at the Masquerade, and telling him I was astounded that they weren't headlining, Nile was (and jesus am i ever sick of Nile). he just gave the expected "well, as long as we get to play over here" comment, and then added "And I'm not going to say anything, but..." and then nodded his head in the direction of the concert floor, where there were less than a third as many people standing there watching Nile as there had been minutes ago watching Kreator. fun stuff.

Coma of Souls is also a really good album, though maybe not one of their absolute best (such as Terrible Certainty, imnsho). Check out "People of the Lie" on there...

hey DarkTide, was it you i ran into in the store a couple weeks ago, before I ran into Paul and Ruthven?

Ryan

1. Symphorce - awesome band!!!
2. Stratovarius - can't wait!
3. Conception - cool reunion!
4. Angra - Don't like Temple at all, but rocked at PP III!
5. Pink Cream 69 - like what I hear so far...
6. Therion - not my favorite style, but should put on a good show.
Last - Orphaned Land (I hope they kick ass, but after my first couple listens to Mabool I can't stop yawning...)

Still waiting for my first Manticora CD to arrive and I don't know Stride and Circus Maximus so I didn't rank them...yet...

1. Stride - they are all my close friends :) so I'd love to see them finally get up on the BIG stage.

2. Circus Maximus - simply because their samples are amazing and they are a fell Intromental band. :)

3. Manticora - because he's my manager and that band rox! :)

I'm sure all of the rest of these bands are gonna slay especially Angra!
I look forward to seeing all of these bands, but honestly what I'm looking for the most is the comradery of it all.

Bobby