PPVI Cheers and Jeers

No. As announced in e-mail sent to all the GB members, the raffle table was there Saturday evening from when doors opened until 7pm. I'd have put the numbers on the wall but there wasn't enough room for all of them..

Jax said:
No. As announced in e-mail sent to all the GB members, the raffle table was there Saturday evening from when doors opened until 7pm. I'd have put the numbers on the wall but there wasn't enough room for all of them..

not complaining.. just theorizing. Hell I wasn't even smart enough to get my raffle ticket muchless have it ready to see if I won. :yuk:

Jax said:
Cheers to all of the contributors to the gold badge raffle; we had about 1 out of every 3 gold badge holders win something, which was great & made for lots of happy people Saturday night..so a hearty thank you to everyone who contributed!

Out of my three, two of us won! Thanks for all your hard work Jax. :D

Cheers:

Glenn of course :D HI!!! :wave:
Tess for being the best Prog Power sister EVER!!
Andrew and Alonzo for the constant laughs....and for letting us do your hair saturday!! (need a towel alonzo??;))
Mike The Cop - coolest laundry bag EVER! and for being able to handle my sarcasm....you know it's cause I like you!! I HEARD THAT!!!
Shane - couldn't have spent the "flying bus" trip with anyone sweeter!! ;) "what dat said??" "dat ain't my baby, dat baby UGLY!"
Smiley and Mike - just the sweetest most thoughtful people EVER!! Spiderman, spiderman!! (sorry for waking you up mike!!)
Pat - for jammin out in our room, providing for some extremely entertaining pics, as well as einstein bros. and the convenient store! ;) YOU TOO JUSTIN!
Bari and Lek - even though you think we're insanely goofy...i LOVE y'all!!
Manticora - don't even get me started!! diiiiiing dooooong! TEXAS DENMARK!!
Bear - you always have the nicest things to say! *blush*
Nick - I don't hate you!!! :D

Jeers: didn't meet very many new people cause I never wanted to leave the people that I know and like SOOOO much!!

NEXT YEAR!!!

Southern Bell said:
Cheers:

Glenn of course :D HI!!! :wave:
Tess for being the best Prog Power sister EVER!!
Andrew and Alonzo for the constant laughs....and for letting us do your hair saturday!! (need a towel alonzo??;))
Mike The Cop - coolest laundry bag EVER! and for being able to handle my sarcasm....you know it's cause I like you!! I HEARD THAT!!!
Shane - couldn't have spent the "flying bus" trip with anyone sweeter!! ;) "what dat said??" "dat ain't my baby, dat baby UGLY!"
Smiley and Mike - just the sweetest most thoughtful people EVER!! Spiderman, spiderman!! (sorry for waking you up mike!!)
Pat - for jammin out in our room, providing for some extremely entertaining pics, as well as einstein bros. and the convenient store! ;) YOU TOO JUSTIN!
Bari and Lek - even though you think we're insanely goofy...i LOVE y'all!!
Manticora - don't even get me started!! diiiiiing dooooong! TEXAS DENMARK!!
Bear - you always have the nicest things to say! *blush*
Nick - I don't hate you!!! :D

Jeers: didn't meet very many new people cause I never wanted to leave the people that I know and like SOOOO much!!

NEXT YEAR!!!

You forgot to Cheer me for meeting you guys and being metal as hell :headbang:

Petethedrummer said:

We didn't know you were 'metal as hell' because you were so quiet and shy when you were in our room. We don't do well with QUIET and SHY! HA!

Cheers to your brother for being a cool dude and not saying "who the hell is this?" when I answered your phone and told him you'd get there when you got there!

sh0kr0k said:
Yeah you're right, I'll cut them some slack :p Yes, thanks again to Roger for that Cabo shot - it sent me over the edge! haha! I'm surprised I didn't tumble all the way down the stairs on the way out.

Tammy

Yeah, I'ma put that idea under the 'jeer' category... that was my 3rd double shot of Cabo (and BTW, I haven't 'drank' since the Dimebag show in Feburary!) So needless to say, I was totally trashed after 2 shots. Let alone 3. Wasn't hungover, as I cut myself off after that shot, but I did get a small headache after getting lunch at the HRC. Pissed me off cuz I wanted to be 100% for the Manticora show. But once they hit the stage, I didn't feel shit!

So yeah, unfortunately I won't be getting a hotel room after this show... as that experience was ruined. But I can definately bring a bottle in the car. Just make sure to let us know if you are or aren't coming to the show.

Bad Girl Tess said:
We didn't know you were 'metal as hell' because you were so quiet and shy when you were in our room. We don't do well with QUIET and SHY! HA!

Cheers to your brother for being a cool dude and not saying "who the hell is this?" when I answered your phone and told him you'd get there when you got there!

haha well MAYBE if i was introduced to you both at first I wouldve talked more. plus you all knew each other, and i barely even knew andrew and alonzo at all...so...SHUTTUP I'M METAL :tickled:

rockyracoon said:
what an ignorant response. PP takes a lot of energy to get through the entire weekend. i go to tons of shows, and this one wipes me out more than most. plus, if you get there at 4:00 each day like some, a little temperature control is greatly appreciated for the remaining 8-9 hours of the evening. if someone wants to be comfortable, why should you care?
I found this little cry session about the A/C amusing after reading your response to my smoke complaint.

Here we go:

Cheers to...
Glenn for letting me be on crew this year.
Manticora for providing the entertainment in the car.
All the bands at the Courtyard for being such sweethearts.
Orphaned Land for somehow fitting them and their gear in the car.
My partner for delivering everything I forgot to my room.
Kyle & co. for not partying over my bedroom.
Shane for the towel fight.
Glenn for letting me watch all of Symphorce from the press area.
Lars for carrying the crew coffee.
Earthlink Live for having such comfy couches to sleep on.
Avi and Eden, you guys rock, keep in touch.
Shokrok for turning my phone in to the bar.
Tal, I wish I had gotten more time to talk with you.
Nathalie, wish I had gotten more time to talk with you too.
To the Courtyard front desk supervisor lady, for finding Orphaned Land.
To the rest of the Courtyard front desk staff (the B-52 lookalike excluded), for being so cool in calling me for the bands.
Matti, my apologies for the closet comment. Eden clarified...keep in contact yourself.
Oh yeah, Aeturnia and KimK for being such awesome roommates.
Aki and Mosquito for being such wonderful refugees (even if they invaded my bathroom because the other was too "feminine").
There's more, but I haven't had my 2cd cup of coffee yet.

Jeers:
To the Residence Inn for waking my ass up at 8A to try and sneak me out of a room without providing a reason, then trying to do so again when I arrive to check-in.
The Courtyard, for losing Orphaned Land before the pre-party.
The B-52 look-alike guy for being such a putz in trying to find Orphaned Land.
Angra, long story.
Me, for having so many roadtrips this month that I didn't get a chance to socialize during my downtime.
Me, again, for not learning how to adjust the speed of my camera ahead of time.

TheWhisper said:
Jeers to the jackass, who had my room before me, and set the alarm to go off at 6:30 Fri. morning.

Oh man, mine did the same thing..6:21am..and of course, not knowing how to work it, I just hit it til it shut up. Which..yes you guessed it..was only the snooze button, so again at 6:30 the alarm went off..at which point I just unplugged the damn thing.

Well I can finally post after years of reading the board, so here's my 2 cents:
Cheers:
Glenn- cool as hell, and s stylish individual. Puts on a heckuva good time. Just wish I had gotten a little time to pick his brain about some of his experionces - maybe after his hiatus when he's recovered and not so busy.

The bands - all of em- even if I didnt really get into you before, I enjoyed every one of them. Good job all of you, espcially Orphaned Land :)

The crew/worker bees - at all the venues (vinyl etc) - I'm sure dealing with a population of zealous (sometimes inebriated) metalheads isnt the easiest job in the world - thaks for doing it with class, good humour and some patiesnce when required :)

The merch peeps - thanks, I didnt realize how much more comfortable sitting on a plane would be with a much flatter wallet :)

THe Hampton Inn - nobody that I know of complained about the noise (and there was some at times) and a pool.

People I met - Sean (Q), Craig from England, Donna from Houston who really turned me on to this festival years ago, the Symphony X Fan CLub lunch members (we werent official members - but they sure were a blast to sit and hang with), my buddy Jim from high school - who I havent seen in so long it felt like meeting someone new - glad you could take off work from all the jobs - start planning your time request for next september :) Oh - and I saw Guy (fellow Coloradoan, way cool metaller whose taste in tunes I can bank on), and Pellas - we talked a bit at the Pre Party and maybe the pre-pre party and a bit either fri/sat, I liked MetalRose Ace Frehley boots :)

Jeers, hmmm - no local beer stores (but going to the shell station in the middle of the night did make for some interesting experiences, Angra, etc), oh and the Marta on wednesday the car i picked had no a/c (I coulda moved but chose not too - my fault, just wanted to get to earthlink/hotel), sunday - the shared track thing - oh well, I get places early so no problem for me :) Oh, and lets see, a jeer to the real world for intruding on my blast from the past of a weekend. Although I was feeling my age at times (I'm not 18 anymore LOL) - that was a blast and will become an annual pilgrimage for me for sure.

Hail all at PP, see you next year

Petethedrummer said:

DOH! I KNEW I forgot something!!!

wait that wasn't it.....Cheers to Tess Andrew Alonzo and Mike for being METAL AS HELL!!! ;)

c'mon pete....you sat in our room for like 20 minutes and I didn't know who you were until i asked!! no need to be shy....WE'RE OBVIOUSLY NOT!! ;)

Pete,

how many times will I have to teach you that again?
You don't have to be shy. All you gotta do is scream really loud while you take off your clothes.... Then they know you're there!

Southern Bell said:
DOH! I KNEW I forgot something!!!

wait that wasn't it.....Cheers to Tess Andrew Alonzo and Mike for being METAL AS HELL!!! ;)

c'mon pete....you sat in our room for like 20 minutes and I didn't know who you were until i asked!! no need to be shy....WE'RE OBVIOUSLY NOT!! ;)

hahaha well I didnt know who you and tess were either...but next year i'll be CRAZY :headbang::hotjump::wave: