SOTO: Divak

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
JEFF SCOTT SOTO'S SOTO TO RELEASE DIVAK ALBUM IN APRIL; DETAILS REVEALED

"...Soto, featuring vocalist Jeff Scott Soto, have completed their second studio album, Divak, out April 1st via earMUSIC. Divak (pronounced "dee-vock") comes shortly after the band's debut release, Inside The Vertigo....

...Once again, the album is produced by Jeff Scott Soto and drummer Edu Cominato. It was mixed by long time JSS engineer/associate John Ellis, as well. The band features Soto on vocals, Cominato on drums, lead guitarist Jorge Salan, bassist David Z, and keyboardist/guitarist BJ. They are heavily featured on Divak, with their writing contributions together...."

sotoalbumjan.jpg

Reactions: ebola1
I'm hoping there is a song or two on this one where he doesn't sing "yeah, yeah" several times. I love his overall body of work, especially Talisman, but this last solo outing he tried to be something he's not, it was too heavy. He can't pull off heavy or angry. That said, this is a blind buy in any case.

I'm hoping there is a song or two on this one where he doesn't sing "yeah, yeah" several times. I love his overall body of work, especially Talisman, but this last solo outing he tried to be something he's not, it was too heavy. He can't pull off heavy or angry. That said, this is a blind buy in any case.

He can pull of heavy. The proof, that first SOTO disc, which was excellent all over. Hope Divak will be in the same style.
But you're right, he loves screaming "Yeah!" a lot. He also does it on the Joel Hoekstra's 13 disc quite a bit :)

He can pull of heavy. The proof, that first SOTO disc, which was excellent all over. Hope Divak will be in the same style.
But you're right, he loves screaming "Yeah!" a lot. He also does it on the Joel Hoekstra's 13 disc quite a bit :)
As far as Soto is concerned, he can do whatever the hell he wants....it'll be great. Much like Russell Allen and Jorn Lande....their voices transcend the material.

Okay, that was pretty much awesome. I mean really awesome. Far surpassed whatever I thought he'd do. I'd buy the album if this was the only good song on it. Of course he just HAD to get a couple of "yeah, yeah's" in there but I'll add a hell yeah, this is great!

JEFF SCOTT SOTO'S SOTO TO RELEASE DIVAK ALBUM IN APRIL; DETAILS REVEALED

"...Soto, featuring vocalist Jeff Scott Soto, have completed their second studio album, Divak, out April 1st via earMUSIC. Divak (pronounced "dee-vock") comes shortly after the band's debut release, Inside The Vertigo....

...Once again, the album is produced by Jeff Scott Soto and drummer Edu Cominato. It was mixed by long time JSS engineer/associate John Ellis, as well. The band features Soto on vocals, Cominato on drums, lead guitarist Jorge Salan, bassist David Z, and keyboardist/guitarist BJ. They are heavily featured on Divak, with their writing contributions together...."

sotoalbumjan.jpg
Love the first CD and really looking forward to next one! \m/

Nahhh this album won't be for me. This new song doesn't do much for me. Musically it's ok but the vocal melodies are boring. Don't like that painted nail look on a dude either. Epic fail.
I usually respect your opinion on melodic music, but you are crazy as hell on this one. This song rocks and Jeff sounds great. Jeff has been painting his nails black for years....such a trivial thing to make a comment over..

Nahhh this album won't be for me. This new song doesn't do much for me. Musically it's ok but the vocal melodies are boring. Don't like that painted nail look on a dude either. Epic fail.

Man, you're a tough crowd... This song is quite good IMO. I think this new album will be excellent, like the previous one was.

love the sound of this song. Got really high hopes for this new album

When I saw them live in Winter Park, Fl. a month back, all the tunes they played from the new disc sounded terrific. They put on a heck of a show, and that was with Jeff dealing with pneumonia....the dude was a trooper. The band was tight as hell....along with the SOTO stuff, they played a huge Talisman medley, a little JSS, some W.E.T. tunes, and even an Axel Rudi Pell tune....very cool. Definitely a band to check out if you get the chance.