South Texas Rock Fest

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
Really nice line-up! Looks like Rocklahoma has some competition brewing.

Nikita Productions
, Miller Lite and Harley-Davidson will be presenting the South Texas Rock Fest on July 11-13 at the Javelina Harley-Davidson Festival grounds. The lineup is as follows:

Friday, July 11:

QUEENSRŸCHE
Y&T
SKID ROW
PRETTY BOY FLOYD

Saturday, July 12:

DOKKEN
FASTER PUSSYCAT
BIG COCK
L.A. GUNS
MAD MARGRITT

Sunday, July 13:

FIREHOUSE
GODZ
HELIX
OZZ KNOZZ

HELIX! THEY STILL EXIST!!!!!!!

m/ m/

"WILD IN THE STREETS!!!" :headbang:

wow, I'd consider attending just for Helix and about 4 other of the bands listed. Pretty decent, solid lineup.

But you know what? I was in south Texas last year on July 13th/14th. :ill: and I swore I'd never do it again.

I'm still wiping sweat off my brow. whew!

:lol:

From the Zero Hour forum...... :headbang:

"Zero Hour playing the South Texas Rock Fest!.

Zero Hour is pleased to announce we’ll be playing at the South Texas Rock Fest. Sat July 12th.

It’s a 3 day event and check out www.southtexasrockfest.com for more details. Zero Hour will play in the afternoon and we’ll post soon the exact time we hit the stage."

HELIX! THEY STILL EXIST!!!!!!!

m/ m/

DAMN…I'd forgotten about them! “Deep Cuts the Knife” was one of my favorite power ballads way back when.

Anyone know if there are hotels close by? I think I’m too old and too accustomed to my creature comforts (like running water) for Rocklahoma, but this one sounds interesting!

DAMN…I'd forgotten about them! “Deep Cuts the Knife” was one of my favorite power ballads way back when.

Anyone know if there are hotels close by? I think I’m too old and too accustomed to my creature comforts (like running water) for Rocklahoma, but this one sounds interesting!

If it is at the Harley Davidson location in Boerne, then it is only about 10-15 miles northwest of San Antonio on I-10. You should be able to get a hotel in San Antonio and drive there.

If it is at the Harley Davidson location in Boerne, then it is only about 10-15 miles northwest of San Antonio on I-10. You should be able to get a hotel in San Antonio and drive there.

I was sort of hoping for a 5-minute walk. (Can you tell that I’ve become incredibly spoiled with ProgPower?)

:lol:

Thanks for the info!

Big Cock and Faster Pussycat on the same line up...Coincidence...? I thinking no hahah wow never heard those bands..

You've never heard Faster Pussycat?? Dear child, rectify that promptly! If it weren't for MindFlow at Rocklahoma, I'd be going to South TX Rock Fest - Queensrÿche AND Faster Pussycat?! :Smokedev: Still my favorite sleaze band out there! Well, right after Vic Wayne n' Coup Sauvage ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, even if the festival is horribly misnamed. As a Texan, I'd find it weird driving north for about four or five hours to get to a "south Texas" event. :p