Stride press release

Dec 2, 2005
Press release: Houston, Texas March 9th 2007

We regret that Mike Martin, bassist for Stride has decided to leave the band. Mike proved his professionalism time and again while recording "Imagine". He was also a big part of our success at Prog Power, and he played an integral part in regards to our show at the Compaq Center with Bon Jovi. We will miss you Mike.

Considering Mikes departure, the members of Stride have decided to take a few months off to regroup, and spend time with there families. That being said, the band is still in writing mode and has plans of releasing an album in the future.

A very special thank you goes out to all of our fans for there patience and loyalty. We are truly sorry that your wait for the 3rd album, and tour will not be realized for some time.

Hopefully this is a move that will benefit all parties in the short and long term. I look forward to supporting Mike's next project, whatever that may be, as well as anything Stride does in the future. Good luck guys!

AWWWWWMANNNNNNNN Mike left???? He was such a good friend and a truely honest and helpful person. He helped to get TEXAS MADFEST off the ground, i will really miss him in STRIDE. Good Luck Mike my brother.

Thank goodness. It makes no sense for a band with this much talent do call it quits. Sorry to hear about Mike leaving, he is a great guy.

Can't wait for the next album!

Best wishes to all the members of Stride, glad to hear that the rest are carrying on, and Mike better let us know what he's up to, musically, when the time comes!

I hope everything works out for everybody in this situation...all great people that write great music. Thanks for the good times Mike and im sure there will be plenty more!

Hopefully this is a move that will benefit all parties in the short and long term. I look forward to supporting Mike's next project, whatever that may be, as well as anything Stride does in the future. Good luck guys!

Well said, my friend...well said.

Let me add that I'm glad they finally came through with some form of official response. After some communications with some of the members a few weeks ago, everything seemed very up-in-the-air.

I will also say that I am glad Stride is continuing. Some of the demo bits from their new album are just fantastic, and it would be a real shame if they never saw the light of day.

As far as Mike's concerned, I guarantee you he will be raging back with some killer new project to kick our ass!

Thanks for finally clearing the air, Gary!

Rock on!

I will also say that I am glad Stride is continuing. Some of the demo bits from their new album are just fantastic, and it would be a real shame if they never saw the light of day.

As far as Mike's concerned, I guarantee you he will be raging back with some killer new project to kick our ass!

Oh, you know their just sitting on gold with what they've already got written.

And I'm sure some of us here are aware of the friendship between Mike and Steve from Ashent, who's debut album Flaws of Elation absolutely smokes. I'm thinking between Mike's bass/writing skills and Steve's killer voice, perhaps something amazing could be born...

Well said, my friend...well said.

Let me add that I'm glad they finally came through with some form of official response. After some communications with some of the members a few weeks ago, everything seemed very up-in-the-air.

Thanks for finally clearing the air, Gary!

Rock on!

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. And yes, Mike is very talented and should have something great for all of you to chew on in the near future.

Considering our current situation, we are still very excited about the new material, in fact Joel is outdoing himself this time. All I can say is.... We're getting heavier vocally, and have entered a more experimental writing process. It's really allot of fun, and something we've not really practiced in the past.

Thanks again for all of your support, and we'll be in touch.

Gary Belin
Stride

Right on, glad to hear they're going to continue. Imagine was one of the best records to come out last year and it would be a shame to waste such a good combination of talent. We'll look forward to the new album when they get to it...