Sunburst Not Performing at PP USA XVIII

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
It is with extreme frustration and disappointment I must announce that Sunburst (Greece) will not be performing at ProgPower USA XVIII. Despite having provided the same type and kind of evidence that has obtained approvals for not only ProgPower USA bands over the last decade, but for well over one hundred other bands submitted by Marc/Play America, one agent at the USCIS (United States Customs & Immigration Services) has deemed our evidence insufficient. Given the all-encompassing breadth of that specific agent's demands (more than ever have been seen by either Marc or myself) in an RFE (Request for Evidence) in our careers, there is literally no hope of satisfying those demands. Sunburst, Marc, & I have all agreed it would be pointless to continue to fight this hopeless battle.

Rest assured I have every intention of having Sunburst back as soon as possible. They are an amazing band and deserve to be on the ProgPower USA stage. The band is understandably disappointed, but also understand the circumstances cannot be helped.

I want to calm the fears of those concerned about other bands performing this year. I have already obtained visa approvals for all bands I am specifically responsible for performing on Friday and Saturday. Sunburst was the last band we were waiting on for visa approval. All bands that have been submitted for Wednesday and Thursday so far have also been approved.

Also, so as to hopefully avoid any perceived political blame for this unfortunate situation, both myself and Play America see the Sunburst RFE as an aberration. As mentioned, all bands that have been submitted for the festival so far have received approvals. We have received numerous RFEs for bands over the years and have always fought them successfully. An RFE here and there is not unusual. It is the scope of Sunburst's RFE that is unusual. It is one agent. Maybe that agent is new; maybe that agent had an "off day"; maybe that agent hates rock/metal; or maybe that agent simply interprets the requirements different from all the other agents. Whatever the case, we do not see this RFE as a trend or result of some new immigration policy, practice or procedure.
RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft

A replacement band will be announced soon.

Glenn

This sucks for you Glenn. I can't fathom how pissed you must be. I have all faith in Glenn will get an even better band as a replacement.

Glenn,

Sorry to hear the news and I know it must be frustrating for you. Love reading the feedback and story behind it and not just "they are not playing" and stay tuned. Hate this for you but glad to see that they will get another shot. They are indeed a GREAT band.

Hope all is well,
Brand

Really bad news. Was really looking forward to seeing Sunburst.

Update: How much longer will the American people be content to live under the tyranny of an unelected bureaucratic state?

Last edited: