ProgPower USA XVIII Days 1 & 2: First Band Announced!

*Day 2 HEADLINER ANNOUNCEMENT*

It's an honor to announce that Metal Church is confirmed to headline Day 2 of ProgPower USA XVIII, to be held September 6-7, 2017.

Reunited with renowned singer Mike Howe, METAL CHURCH will be bringing a career-spanning set that will appeal to both old-school fans as well as make an impression on the new generation of metalheads alike.

Ticket information for the first two days of the festival will be announced in the coming weeks. Tickets for Days 3 & 4 are on sale at 10:00am EST tomorrow. VIP & Gold Badges are sold-out. Only 900 tickets are available to the regular public.

I've seen Metal Church twice over the last three months, including opening for Megadeth this week and I must say, Mike Howe sounds fantastic. For a guy that has been out of the business for a loooong time, its amazing that his voice didn't lose anything and he is better than ever. Very good live band.

I was hoping for Metal Church, as they were awesome in the late 80's and early 90's. It will be glad to see Mike Howe back in fine form again.

Man, that'd be so cool. iamthemorning especially is something that would be totally out of left field and kill it.

I would love to see iamthemorning, but they are pushing the boundaries of being even a rock band a lot of the time, whereas all the aforementioned non-metal bands in the post preceding this one are still rock bands. There's totally out of left field and then there's not a match.

If they played an acoustic set it would be amazing. But generally to do that, you also have to play an electric set on the main stage.

This is awesome news !! Even though MC is American and tours, Metal Church was pretty much THE alpha American powermetal band for a bit. "Blessing in Disguise" is one of those "desert island" discs for me. This band should have been HUGE !! For the "really" old people (yes I am talking about you JW) Mike absolutely nails the Wayne stuff. Thank you Glenn and whoever else came up with putting this band out here for us to see.

fV7xZPk6aeiUU.gif

I'm guessing we get one more Prog band and one more headliner! Can't wait.....
1fFR7oV

Reactions: Mardoch