ProgPower USA XVIII Days 1 & 2: First Band Announced!

Instead of guessing what bands will be announced, I think we should be guessing how many more Swedish bands there will be ;)

Can you imagine all of the Swedish bands together on one plane coming over here....? Oh to be a fly on the wall...

Screw the plane

d950f212b4fb4b76cbe6a1d07496ce26.jpg

In regards to Twilight Force

Is this tongue in cheek like Gloryhammer? Or are they singing "riding over the rainbow's light" without a hint of irony? Sounds like I am being a smart -ass, but I am seriously asking.

They're cheesy and they know they're cheesy.

Does it matter? The lyrics are POWERFUL STARS OF THUNDERING LIGHT.

Well yea, kinda :)

When Spinal Tap sings "Big Bottom, talk about mudflaps, my girls got'em" it is very different than when Paul Stanley sings "let's put the X in sex, love is like a muscle and you make me want to flex" A wink and some satire goes a long way :D

I have not ever got into orphaned land much before, but what I am hearing sounds pretty good. Loving the middle eastern instrumentation. This + Myrath will probably be the belly dancing girl's favorite sets this year.

I have not ever got into orphaned land much before, but what I am hearing sounds pretty good. Loving the middle eastern instrumentation. This + Myrath will probably be the belly dancing girl's favorite sets this year.

She's already trying to organize a metal Hafla lol. I think she's stoked from her facebook post.

As a proghead the lineup before this was not really thrilling me, although I expect to enjoy Serenity when I get a chance to listen.

All of a sudden I am instantly there for 1+2. Orphaned Land is basically a bucket list band, particularly after I (stupidly) passed on seeing them in my hometown about five years ago, when Yossi was still with them. It won't be quite the same but it will be an unforgettable concert anyways.

I don't think folks have caught on to the idea that we intend to balance things over all 4 days, regardless of having Day 1/2 vs. Day 3/4 tickets. However, focusing on different things within those 2 day segments allows us to cater to both sides of the coin if you only want to attend 2 days.

It baffles me that a power metal fan would not want to see Angel Dust, Snowy, Lords of Black, etc on Days 3 & 4. The same is true of the prog fans now for the first two days with Orphaned Land, and the coming announcements.

There is always a method to the madness. Folks just don't see the big picture yet.

Glenn

Sick lineup so far. Really looking forward to next year, even though nothing will top Anneke for me.

Hoping we get at least one more female fronted band though.

Serenity as well as Myrath have typically picked up females (Clementine Delauney, has toured with both bands) to sing with them live. Maybe we'll see some Visions of Atlant(a)is in a future announcement?

Edit:
Elize with Amaranthe is enough female for the whole fest for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: espz
My only issue with the 1/2 3/4 thing is that with my current professional situation I will never be able to do all 4 days (I have to fight for the Thur-Fri I take off already). But that's my problem and I buy the ticket(s) anyway because fanboy.

Reactions: NorseBlood and Kez
I don't think folks have caught on to the idea that we intend to balance things over all 4 days, regardless of having Day 1/2 vs. Day 3/4 tickets. However, focusing on different things within those 2 day segments allows us to cater to both sides of the coin if you only want to attend 2 days.

It baffles me that a power metal fan would not want to see Angel Dust, Snowy, Lords of Black, etc on Days 3 & 4. The same is true of the prog fans now for the first two days with Orphaned Land, and the coming announcements.

There is always a method to the madness. Folks just don't see the big picture yet.

Glenn

Glenn you're one sick sum-bit. You're basically forcing me to purchase the entire 4 days of festival tickets now.