ProgPower USA XXIII (2024) details announced

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com

PROGPOWER USA 2024 LINE-UP ANNOUNCED: AMORPHIS, WINGER, SOEN, PAGAN'S MIND, ELEGY AND MORE CONFIRMED

"... As promoter Glenn Harveston counts down his remaining festivals - he has vowed to retire when he completes #25 - the roster is a mix of longtime fan favorites, and plenty of new, maybe somewhat controversial, faces.

While the initial two days (Wednesday and Thursday) will be announced shortly, by their respective promoters, it's already confirmed that XXIII will take place September 4 - 7th, 2024, at Center Stage, in Atlanta, GA.

Tickets for the final two days will go on sale October 21st, 2023. Separate admission is required for the other shows...."

The confirmed line-up is:

Friday, September 6

Amorphis (Finland)
Lovebites (Japan)
Soen (Sweden)
Elegy (The Netherlands)
Fifth Angel (USA)
Striker (Canada)

Saturday, September 7

Winger (USA) - Performing their Pull album, in its entirety.
Pagan's Mind (Norway)
Damian Wilson (UK)
Eleine (Sweden)
Disillusion (Germany)
Frozen Crown (Italy)

EDIT: Official Facebook event has been posted: https://facebook.com/events/s/official-progpower-usa-xxiii-d/1389564398581238/

Last edited:
Reactions: Piot12047
We proudly present the Day 2 Roster for 2024:

Dark Tranquillity (Sweden)
Leprous (Norway)
Twilight Force (Sweden/Italy)
Scar Symmetry (Sweden) Monuments (U.K.)
Northtale (Brazil/USA)
Nospūn (USA)

Date: Thursday, September 5, 2024
Tickets on sale: TBA

Video announcement:

Last edited:
From ProgPower USA Facebook :

"I am proud to announce my secondary headliner for ProgPower USA XXIII Day #1:

Circus Maximus

I can still remember Glenn’s original post in the PPUSA Forum when he announced their very first appearance at the festival in 2005 His closing words for the post were “You’re going to love them.”

Here we are, over 18 years later and Circus Maximus had made an indelible impression upon this festival. Not only is this band absolutely astounding on stage but they are some of the most humble and down-to-earth musicians you will ever meet. I am honored to have this outstanding band as a part of the Day #1 bill!

ProgPower USA Day #1 will take place on September 4, 2024. Please continue to watch this Facebook page and the website for ticket on-sale information as well as future additions to the day’s roster.

Gratefully,

Nathan"

From Circus Maximus Facebook page:

"So!! Next we year are going back to where it all started! Our sixth visit to our beloved @progpowerusa in Atlanta, Georgia!

We will do a special set just for this evening and we are psyched to get back on the road again after some time in hiatus!

Love Mike, Mats, Glen, Lasse and Truls"

Last edited:
From the ProgPower USA Facebook page:

"I am proud to announce the HEADLINER for ProgPower USA, Day #1:

ANGRA

For over 30 years, ANGRA has continued to put forth a consistently unique and distinct sound despite several line-up changes. ANGRA’s catalog consists of traditional power metal while continuing to push the boundaries of the genre and incorporating elements of every genre into their music.

I am proud to welcome ANGRA as the triumphant headliner to ProgPower USA, Day #1.

ProgPower USA Day #1 will take place on Wednesday, September 4, 2024. As always, please continue to watch this page as well as the official website for ticket on-sale information as well as other additions to this roster.

Gratefully,
Nathan"

Last edited:

NOSPŪN Share Bass Playthrough Video For “Dance With Me”

"...New progressive metal quartet Nospūn have announced a performance at next year's heralded Prog Power USA festival. The band will open Day 2, on September 5, 2024 joining a stellar lineup which includes Dark Tranquility, Leprous, Twilight Force, Scar Symmetry, and Northtale.

The band had this to say: "We've been dreaming about playing ProgPower since we were teenagers, so it's almost surreal to have gotten the invite to play there next year! Not only that, but we get to share the stage with bands whose music we enjoy, so it really is a dream come true. It may be a year away, but we're already mentally preparing and getting psyched up to perform music from Opus for a dedicated crowd of prog noggins!"

DAY 1 new announcement:

"I am proud to announce an amazing addition to the Day #1 roster - the mighty VICTORIUS !

Very, very proud to have these thunderous power metal dino riders added to Day #1!
Welcome!

Enjoy my favorite track from this glorious band:

Who's going to be on the barrier with me for this set??

- Nathan"

PROGPOWER USA DAY #1
Wednesday, September 4, 2024.
Center Stage - Atlanta, Georgia
Tickets on sale December 16.

Last edited:
REMINDER!!!

ProgPower USA XXIII (2024) tickets for Day 3 & 4 go on sale Saturday, 10/21/2023, at 12pm EDT via Ticketmaster. VIP and Gold Badges are sold-out. Only 900 tickets will be made available to the public.

Day 1 announcement from ProgPower USA FB page:

I am proud to announce the opening slot for ProgPower USA Day #1 -- DARKWATER.

You won't want to miss this Swedish powerhouse of progressive metal, it's been over 10 years since they played the ProgPower stage.

Tickets for ProgPower USA, Day #1 go on sale December 16 at 12:00pm EST.

A WORD ABOUT THE THIRD SLOT BAND:

The midcard band has not been announced yet. I am working very hard to make sure that this band's participation in the festival goes off without a hitch. I will announce this band as soon as possible but it more than likely will not take place by the time tickets go on sale. Trust that there is a reason for this and as soon as I can make this announcement, I will do so as soon as possible. - Nathan

Tickets for ProgPower USA XXIII day 1 go on sale TODAY December 16, at 12:00pm EST.

Bookmark the Ticketmaster link below:

Show details:
ProgPower USA -- Day #1
Ticket price: $135
Wednesday, September 4, 2024
Doors at 1:00pm | Music at 2:00pm

Center Stage Theater
1374 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Angra (Headliner)
Circus Maximus
*TBD
Victorius
Darkwater

From the ProgPower USA "official Facebook page:

Day 3 & 4 schedule is now available.
And yes, the schedule for Saturday night has *always* been planned like this. It was a treat watching the gatekeepers bitch and moan though. There is always a method to the madness. - Glenn

Friday:
Striker: 2:00pm-3:00pm
Fifth Angel: 3:30pm-4:30pm
Elegy: 5:00pm-6:00pm
Soen: 6:30pm-7:45pm
Lovebites: 8:15pm-9:45pm
Amorphis: 10:30pm-close

Saturday:
Frozen Crown: 2:00pm-3:00pm
Disillusion: 3:30pm-4:30pm
Eleine: 5:00pm-6:00pm
Damian Wilson: 6:30pm-7:45pm
Winger: 8:30pm-10:00pm
Pagan's Mind: 10:30pm -close

Reactions: Mardoch
From ProgPower USA FB page...

"Thank you to everyone who purchased their Day #1 tickets over the weekend! We have sold just over half of the tickets available!

Your amazing response makes this the fastest selling day #1 ever! If you haven't purchased your ticket yet, please make sure you get them soon before they are gone.

I know that you are dying to know who the 5th band is. I could not be more eager to tell you who it is. However, I want to make absolutely sure there are no visa issues with this particular artist, so please be patient with me for a little longer. Trust me -- it will be worth it.

I am grateful for everyone's support of ProgPower USA Day #1. I continue to be honored and humbled to be a part of this amazing festival. On a personal note, next year will be the 20th year in a row that I've attended ProgPower USA. Hard to believe how fast the time goes. I look forward to seeing you all next year for the best Day #1 yet!

With gratitude,
Nathan Block
ProgPower USA, Day #1 promoter"

PROGPOWER USA 2024 LINE-UP ANNOUNCED: AMORPHIS, WINGER, SOEN, PAGAN'S MIND, ELEGY AND MORE CONFIRMED

"... As promoter Glenn Harveston counts down his remaining festivals - he has vowed to retire when he completes #25 - the roster is a mix of longtime fan favorites, and plenty of new, maybe somewhat controversial, faces.

While the initial two days (Wednesday and Thursday) will be announced shortly, by their respective promoters, it's already confirmed that XXIII will take place September 4 - 7th, 2024, at Center Stage, in Atlanta, GA.

Tickets for the final two days will go on sale October 21st, 2023. Separate admission is required for the other shows...."

The confirmed line-up is:

Friday, September 6

Amorphis (Finland)
Lovebites (Japan)
Soen (Sweden)
Elegy (The Netherlands)
Fifth Angel (USA)
Striker (Canada)

Saturday, September 7

Winger (USA) - Performing their Pull album, in its entirety.
Pagan's Mind (Norway)
Damian Wilson (UK)
Eleine (Sweden)
Disillusion (Germany)
Frozen Crown (Italy)

EDIT: Official Facebook event has been posted: https://facebook.com/events/s/official-progpower-usa-xxiii-d/1389564398581238/

why does it say ELBOY, on the lineup on the page?