The best Testament album is?

Which is the best Testament album in your opinion?

• The Legacy

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • The New Order

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Practice What You Preach

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Souls Of Black

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • The Ritual

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Low

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Demonic

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • The Gathering

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • First Strike Still Deadly

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
Well I find all of their albums to be damn good, save for The ritual...

I feel that New Order, Practice, Low, and Gathering are all equally massive, while Demonic, Souls of Black, and the Legacy are good, but rough around the edges and not fully realized. Though my favorite song to come out of the 80's was Alone in the Dark from the Legacy....

I used to like Demonic most and The Gathering just a tad less but nowadays I absolutely love The Legacy and The New Order. Can't decide between those two. Demonic still is a great album and is a tad behind those two while The Gathering has gotten a bit boring.

I'm voting for Low. It really doesn't get much better than this. (Although Live At The Fillmore and tracks 1-4 of The Gathering come close ;) )

LOW

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Man, that's a hard choice.

First Strike is the best of all worlds to me. I get the killer old tunes with the rip-your-head-off-kick-in-your-chest new sound!

DNR!

Anyone think they'll ever bring out a follow-up for First Stirke Still Deadly?
One containing the best tracks from Practice What You Preach and Souls Of Black..

That could be cool.:)

Originally posted by Sydo
Anyone think they'll ever bring out a follow-up for First Stirke Still Deadly?
One containing the best tracks from Practice What You Preach and Souls Of Black..

That could be cool.:)

I seriously doubt that since Souls of Black is an album I think most Testament fans think isn't that good. Also from what I've gathered Chuck and Eric aren't that satisfied with it. That is because it was made in a haste.

IMO First Strike Still Deadly was good but the originals are much better. Much better production on the old ones and Chuck sounds more thrashy in them.

LOW, but teh gathering and demonic are very close. Low has been my fav since the firts time i stuck it in my changer. FSSD is a fucking awsome cd, great production, IMO better than the originals.

I'm voting for Low. It really doesn't get much better than this. (Although Live At The Fillmore and tracks 1-4 of The Gathering come close )

LOW

I completly agree, Sydo...:headbang:

Because it was the album I really got into testament with. Especially Disciples of the watch. Which is still my favorite tune. The Gathering is definate second, and low third.

The Gathering, that album just fucking rules! I love Dave Lombardo's drum performance (D.N.R.!) and Chuck sounds better than ever. I do however understand others who favor the bands other albums, as all are great (except for The Ritual, which is a rather gutless record IMO).

"The gathering" is by far their best album. DNR kicks you in your face and knocks you flat, and that's just to start with,and after that it's just brutalizing tune after tune. What could you ask for.
Besides all of the albums before LOW were standard tuning and just don't sound as heavy.

I would have to vote for "The New Order". Think about all the songs on that record and the year it came out, no one could touch it. Alex Skolnick was like 18 years old. There are still people to this day trying to learn his every riff.