The best Testament album is?

Which is the best Testament album in your opinion?

• The Legacy

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • The New Order

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Practice What You Preach

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Souls Of Black

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • The Ritual

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Low

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Demonic

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • The Gathering

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • First Strike Still Deadly

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
The Gathering might be my favorite if it had more leads. A thrash metal album should not have a bunch of songs with no solos. The only band who can sometimes get away with that is slayer. Sometimes I see The Gathering compared to reign in blood. Is this beacuse they sound similiar or just because of having some solo-less songs? Also, I always thought of Testament as a band with an amazing lead player. I loved Skolnick and Murphy so much. Hearing them have songs without solos now makes me pretty sad. :cry:

Wow.. The Gathering has really run away with this poll! :eek:

Can't say I'm really surprised though. :)

I refer to Practice What You Preach as Testament's best album because of some really good songs like "Time Is Coming", "Practice What You Preach" and, well of course the oh-so-beautiful "The Ballad". But then I'll have to decide which of these Testament songs is the most beautiful: "The Ballad", "The Legacy", or "Return To Serenity"? So, we're back in square one again.

So, the best album decidedly is Practice What You Preach, but in the long run Souls Of Black and The Gathering follow pretty close behind. Don't know about the other albums... they don't have the same drive, especially not The Ritual... there are a few good songs, but hey, it SUCKS as an album. Sorry, Ritual lovers :D

:) the legacy ( first album i bought in 87 ) and gathering are the best. first strike is commendable though and souls of black was shite, I actually threw that cd away a short while after buying it in 1990 odd cos it was `kin crap !

Attachments

• soundisciples 150.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 4
I guess Live at the Fillmore doesn't count,but it SHOULD.That's one bad Mambah' to the Jambah'.
penta004.gif

First Strike Still Deadly. Hearing all the classics the way they play now is incredible, I'm surprised it isn't winning hands down. Who knew John Tempesta could play like that? Ha ha, anyways, The Gathering is great too, no complaints on that one, Dave Lombardo rules, and his material with Grip Inc. , except Solidify which is just a weak album all around, is great too. Does anyone know if Skolnick is rejoining or if it was just for this album. I hope he comes back, he is one of my fave's on the axe.