The dead site

the_joy_of_grief

weak light
Jan 23, 2002
Paramaribo
www.escapetheday.tk
:cry: The Teargas video is still not up for download (will it ever be?)
:cry: Not a single pic from the last tour can be found on the official site
:cry: No news, even if there are news (i.e. Brave Yester Days)

This is really sad.

Anyway, I think someone should create a page that features *everything*, or at least a bunch of links to other pages of interest. Here on this board there have been lots of pics from the 2001 tour...but at some point they vanish and never appear again. Also, a more elaborate FAQ might be reasonable because people keep on asking questions about limited editions, bootlegs and stuff like that.

Just my opinion.:Smug:

I raised the issue, as have many, of the 'deadsite' ages ago...

It is a real problem. The only thing that seems to get updated is the playlist (woohoo...:rolleyes: ). The interview section hasn't been touched basically since the new site was launched, and any news would be good, even if it was to say the band are having a break/writing/recording... anything!!

I don't even bother checking it these days.

You'd think that as the band are getting more popular it'd be in their best interest to keep it interesting and update.....:confused:

"Booking contact now available" - May 8th, 2oo2 - That's the latest news... The last useful news were even on April 3rd, 2oo2 "Katatonia to play in Sweden" - but only for swedish people...

THAT' VERY SAD/POOR FOR AN OFFICIAL SITE!

Just like requiem (in another words) said:
ANY news are better than NONE! :(

for further example:

:cry: probable release dates (Brave Yester Days, new studio/live(?) albums, DVD (sorry, I think I thought too far ;)) or whatever... - if there are any. Just if a month or a year would be mentioned, it would give us fans hope that not only the "official site", even KATATONIA itself isn't DEAD... (excepting Anders' postings on this board) :cry:

Yeah, that 'Brave Yester Days's thing.. I mean, is that even real?? Wouldn't the official site be the first place news like that would be broken?

But it's not even there now! The mind boggles...:rolleyes:

I'm going to kill all of you. You ungreatful fukkers! .. heheh...

No, seriously though. The news comes directly from the band, so when no news comes out of their mouths, no news is added to katatonia.com. It's that simple. Sometimes this works against the page, as other pages will post leaked information that is often times incorrect or downright wrong (this has happened a lot).. and a lot of people take it as facts, then get upset when later they realize the news just wasn't right. But then when they do have information that ends up valid, katatonia.com seems a bit late reporting it.

The good side is that on MOST occassions news is posted way before anyone else knew what the hell was up, because it's coming directly from the band.

Anyways, the band has been made more aware that people want to know what the fuck is going on with the band, even though all information may not be 100% confirmed, and so a news update for kata.com should be up shortly.. and more frequently.

But don't dismiss the site as useless considering it has been THE source for official kata information directly from the band for years and years now..

Thanks.. and check the site later today for an update for sure..

Originally posted by ColdDarkNord
I guess Jesse is very busy by own shit, group members want only concentrate on music and as result fans must to "keep o.s. to o.s.".... sad :(

I am busy as hell, but that isn't the reason there hasn't been news updates. You can bitch at katatonia about that..

hahahaha

and while you're at it, how about putting up some video for us :D just wishful thinking :p we really do appreciate all that you do, running the site, really we do - we're just greedy bastards :)

actually, about the videos... (still trying to get a hold of these :p)... i don't know if this would work, but it might be a way to get them out there without overworking katatonia.com's bandwidth... why don't you (jesse) send the videos to a few people on the board with fast connections who wouldn't mind volunteering, and then set up a sticky post where people could get in contact with them and arrange to get the video? i know that once i get back to school, i wouldn't mind helping distribute them to people who want them, over instant messenger or whatever... just a thought?

are there anyone who actualy has the videos?
i have never seen them, or even a trace of theyre existance..
and depending on size, i might be able to host them for downloads for a while to..