The leaking on TOC has begun

I'm hearing a bit of a DNB and Dead Heart kind of sound on a few songs. I'm finding a lot of the vocal delivery on some songs remind me of DNB too, and thats a good thing!

There is a difference between voicing an opinion and crying like a 2 year old. The last 2 Nevermore albums all Brooks has done is bitched and bitched and bitched about how he thinks the production is stale. He has a right to voice that opinion for sure. But .... when it gets to the point that its all he does every time a Nevermore album comes out, its time to either A - Shut up and deal. or B - Stop listening.

From what I've seen Brooks hasn't been whining about anything, he has a valid point about his own taste of music and how it reflects on how he experiences Nevermores music. You seem to be fervently defending them from any criticism at all (besides your own autotune comment haha what). Dunno. Of course I could be wrong, but all your arguments with him are pretty trivial. Perhaps calling you a sycophant would be going too far, but man you have pretty obsessive commenting sometimes. :)

Now, I'm really going back on my promise.... and you ready for this guru? I'm about to blow your mind.

I think the thing that's so easy to forget is that it's not just the producer that makes a band alter their sound. It's also the band that makes a producer alter his style. And in the year 2000, Nevermore, with Andy Sneap, defined the modern metal sound.

I give Andy all the credit in the world: DHIADW is the absolute statement of so-called 'modern metal'. That album was completely fucking revolutionary in the grand scheme of things. No one was making records that huge sounding, that industrial and mechanical, that cold and brutal and gigantic. Fear Factory perhaps, but DHIADW was the ultimate harbinger of the new school owning, dismantling and reconstructing the old-school for the next level.

Dead Heart is a timeless metal record, and as much as it may not fully encapsulate the 'Nevermore' as a band, I really think that record is a bit of a landmark. I also think it's Andy's ultimate triumph in creativity and craft. It's really something special.

So, go Andy Sneap. He's a visionary, and has a meticulous, calculated, and precise way of doing things that is terribly imitated, and never quite duplicated. He knows what he's doing.

He knows exactly what he's doing.

Thats still not a broken promise. The criteria is talking shit about Andy ....lol

I heard that..

Artan,%20the%20Heavy-Metal%20teddy%20bear.jpeg