The MANILLA ROAD thread

Just to let everyone know, High Roller Records has released the LP and SKR has released the CD of After Midnight Live, which is Manilla Road's live radio recording back in '79..and Jason I have it and its killer!

MANILLA ROAD - After Midnight Live
SKR035CD
Release Date: April 27, 2010
CD
$12.00
Manilla Road, the grandfathers of Epic Heavy Metal are truly a remarkable band in the history of Heavy Metal. This release marks a time period before the break out of their first album "Invasion". These 5 songs mark the 2nd half of their very long radio show on a cold, snowy night in the winter of December 1979. Luckily the 2nd half of the show has all the unreleased Manilla Road songs fans are dying to hear. These songs represent the "Invasion" sound and the start of one of the greatest Heavy Metal bands in the history of Heavy Metal. There's 5 Epic songs, transferred straight off the master tapes untouched, raw, and with antique charm.

1. Chromaphobia
2. Life's So Hard
3. Pentacle Of Truth
4. Dream Of Peace
5. Herman Hill

Yes, this is very high on my buy list, along with the reissue of the double GATES OF SLUMBER on CD.

The song NECROPOLIS is my second favorite song of MR. It's hard NOT to sing along with the chorus.... check it out.

Through the jungle by the river Styx
I've journed long and far this day
Lurking shadows in the parapets
Will never make me turn away
Darkened city veiled in crimson mist
Entombed in time without decay
Never thought it would be like this
It feels like I'm living inside a dream
But my mind tells me I'm

Lost in Necropolis, lost in Necropolis

Now I know what it's like to be
Inside the city of the dead
All I think of is breaking free
From all the spells chained to my head
Sword and axe are my destiny
I watch the stars turning blood red
There is light yes I've got to believe
For this feels like living inside a dream
I know now that I am

I have seen your cities burning
I have felt your daughters yearning
For the peace before the tides of war
I have witnessed funeral pyres
Burning bright with man's desire
I will fight the demon horde forever more

The world is full of mysteries
That men have never seen before
Magik lives in all dynasties
The light of love shines ever more
In the crypt of Atlantean Kings
I found what I was looking for
Magik Trident of Volusia's Sea
I know it's like living inside a dream
But don't you ever get

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of questions for JASONIC:

1.) How can you not mention the album "THE DELUGE" in your intro post and...

2.) What are your top (5) MR songs, (most listened to)?

Hey,
Well.
1) The Deluge is SO damn expensive!!! I honestly never heard the complete album. I think the cheapest I ever saw it go for on eBay was like $80. As I said before, I got into them in 2006, so their stuff was already going for nutty prices!!!

2) Top 5? Wow... Well, when asked questions like this, I suppose I just need to go with what comes to mind instantly, and not think TOO hard on it. So here goes!!!

NECROPOLIS
ASTRONOMICA
CAGE OF MIRRORS
MYSTIFICATION
DEATH BY THE HAMMER

Kind of hard to limit it to just 5!!!! :cool:

The Deluge is an exception to downloading man, its going for 130, and thats the 01 reissue so imagine the original..not going to get it cheap man just fucking listen!

Ive heard that too, but Shark has posted he doesn't know what extra to put on there, so I guess thats why there's a delay? not sure why its taking so long and since that and open the gates are the only 2 MR albums that are sought for but not in supply

There is only one issue of the Deluge on cd - digipak, limited and OOP - I just saw a copy go for $1026.00 a couple of weeks ago on ebay!

WTF you talking about Willis???? :lol:

The last copy sold went for $152.

That's honestly the highest I ever saw it go for.

It's no joke, look up sales for the last 30 days on e-bay for it, you'll see. But you're partially right, I've seen many of them get purchased on ebay and they USUALLY go for around $75 to $150. It's one of 4 cds I'm missing from them and when the price is right and I HAVE the cash I'm going to nab it...eventually...! The other toughie I'm trying to get is Mark of the Beast, I so wish I would've bought it when it came out a few years ago, now its going for outrageous prices too. Then I just need Courts of Chaos and Circus Maximus (yeah, I know) to round out the collection.