The new Edguy album!! Edguy's metal days are over!!

REVOLT66

GUARDIAN OF THE BLIND
Nov 19, 2006
orlando,fl
If you haven't listen to Tinnitus Sanctus yet , believe me you are not missing anything and this com from an Edguy fan of years. I had seem them live many times in USA and out. This album is so so bad that makes Rocket Ride looks like a awesome album.

If you haven't listen to Tinnitus Sanctus yet , believe me you are not missing anything and this com from an Edguy fan of years. I had seem them live many times in USA and out. This album is so so bad that makes Rocket Ride looks like a awesome album.

Hmm.. I thought the exact opposite. I thought this was MUCH better than Rocket Ride, but not as good as Mandrake or Hellfire Club. They do sound more like a hard rock than heavy metal though.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Well I guess that for the people that liked Rocket Ride in some way they migth like this one, but really what happened to these guys?

I thought they peaked with Theater of Salvation.

I think they peaked with Mandrake, I can see how some people will like this album if you look at it from a hard rock stand point , but if you were an Edguy fan for what they were all the way to Mandrake you just can't possibly like Tinnitus Sanctus!

I think they peaked with Mandrake, I can see how some people will like this album if you look at it from a hard rock stand point , but if you were an Edguy fan for what they were all the way to Mandrake you just can't possibly like Tinnitus Sanctus!

Yup. This album leaves me questioning Edguy's metal credentials. Sure they had their moments, but for metal's sake, this is the wrong album to release after Rocket Ride. It sure does seem Tobias is taking Edguy to the charts and keeping Avantasia for a metal-project.

Rocket Ride had like two decent songs.....the rest was terrible. I never thought Edguy would be one of those bands to release garbage. I had better hopes for the new disc....but with all this advanced bad press...we shall see.

Yeap I dont care for it either. Its not a bad disc it just doesnt grab me. Some solid riffs, but the melodies are either mediocre, or rehashed from other previous songs IMO.

What a bummer! 1st TWILIGHTNING did this EXACT thing going from Anthem type Power Metal too poppy hard driven rock, and EDGUY has followed suit.

The fans seem to love it though so thats all that matters. I was all set to pre-order the LE too. So glad I waited!

I kinda agree with you here. I think they peaked with Hellfire Club though. However I really agree on your comment about the hard rock stand point vs edguy fan. I'm a huge fan of the hard rock genre but Edguy just doesnt pull it off IMO. I believe if you're gonna play hard rock it has to be ultra catchy, and this is just sorta there to me. I dont find myself humming a melody, or wanting to replay a track.

I loved the last Avantasia disc. It was a little different than the others but still really solid. it took a few listens for it to click with me. One of my favorites from this year. And I am picky and stubborn.

Ok so this thread inspired me to give one more listen. Upon further inspection this blows even more on spin 2 haha.

If you wanna hear some new HARD ROCK that actually is worth a shit check out POLEY / RIVERA.

http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/PoleyOnly.htm

I've been spinning tracks on all my shows, and the response has been great, and rightfully so!

Ok so this thread inspired me to give one more listen. Upon further inspection this blows even more on spin 2 haha.

If you wanna hear some new HARD ROCK that actually is worth a shit check out POLEY / RIVERA.

http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/PoleyOnly.htm

I've been spinning tracks on all my shows, and the response has been great, and rightfully so!

I haven't listened to the Poley/Rivera release yet, but Ted's last solo album was mediocre in my opinion. I still have it, but it was disappointing to me.

~Brian~

I haven't listened to the Poley/Rivera release yet, but Ted's last solo album was mediocre in my opinion. I still have it, but it was disappointing to me.

~Brian~

I agree. I'm a HUGE Ted Poley/Danger Danger fan, but I was underwhelmed by Collateral Damage. I hope this one is better. I like the positive press this one is getting.

ON topic, however, I enjoyed the Edguy single and am looking forward to the new CD. I LOVED the last Avantasia and I also really enjoyed Rocket Ride so it sounds like I might like this one as well. Of course, I'm more in the hard rock corner so that explains that I guess.

I've only heard "The Pride of Creation" from the new album and that song did nothing for me at all. I won't dismiss the album, of course, just because I don't like the only song I've heard from it. If the new album is in the same (or even similar) vein as Rocket Ride then I'm bound to be disappointed. There's nothing like psyching myself out is there? :loco:

Yup. This album leaves me questioning Edguy's metal credentials. Sure they had their moments, but for metal's sake, this is the wrong album to release after Rocket Ride. It sure does seem Tobias is taking Edguy to the charts and keeping Avantasia for a metal-project.

WINNER! Give that man a cigar!

I think I had higher hopes for this based on the title and cover image. Tinnitus Sanctus sounded like it was going to be an epic power metal album a la Theater of Salvation. Then I start to hear stuff like this about...it kind of goes against that.

So Toby cuts his hair, simplifies the song, and laughs all the way to the bank. I still have to listen to this though before I can give an accurate opinion on the music.

I loved the last Avantasia (one of my tops of the year) and I actually loved Rocket Ride. Very much looking forward to this disc. As I posted on the other Edguy topic - I'm a Tobi/Edguy/Avantasia fanboy and I'm personally pleased, so that's pretty much what matters. Whether its metal, power metal, hard rock, or whatever label you want to attach to it, I still dig the direction they are going........