The "Now Playing Thread" - The Return

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
OK, I deceided to resurrect this thread. Now playing on my PC:

Therion - Seven Secrets of the Sphinx

King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King

and before that the last couple days been listening to After Forever - Reimagine a lot...its grown on me to a large degree.

Journey - Mother, Father

One of the best songs of all time! :worship: I wish one of the prog or power bands would cover it as a bonus track or something. That would be a cool song for Vision Divine to cover.

~Brian~

Now playing: Dream Theater - Images & Words

Last 4:
Heart - Desire Walks On
Fifth Angel - Time Will Tell
Lillian Axe - Poetic Justice
Galactic Cowboys - Space In Your Face

I don't currently have any of my music uploaded on my work PC (stupid folks still haven't installed the CD-drive they bought for my unit over a month ago :rolleyes:) but in my car today and this morning:

Jorn - The Duke
Warlock - Triumph & Agony

Last Song: Warlock - I Rule the Ruins
:headbang:

The last 5 in my CD player:

Mercenary- 11 Dreams
Mercenary- The Hours That Remain
After Forever- After Forever
Type O Negative- Dead Again
Communic- Visual Waves of Decay

Last Ten:

Tool- Opiate
Scar Symmetry- Pitch Black Progress
Arch Enemy- Doomsday Machine
Dark Tranquillity- Fiction
Morbid Angel- Domination
(Back to the old school a bit.)

-Metal

...Therion - Seven Secrets of the Sphinx

"eeexcellent!"

222px-Mr_Burns.png

so far at work today I have checked out...

Excalion - thanks to a separate thread on these forums. They remind me a lot of Edguy without necessarily being a clone. You can certainly hear the influence though.
Darkwell - a gothic/metal group with a female lead singer. Not too shabby for that style of music. http://www.myspace.com/darkwell

on the way into work this morning I had with me (and listened to several songs from each)...

Cloudscape - Crimson Skies
Communic - Waves of Visual Decay ... *throws horns to Metal Rose* :headbang:
and the band formerly known as Evergrace

I'm checking Abandoned new album. I was based on ther more than astounding debut of 2006 "Thrash Notes" that the new album will kick ass...and it does!!!! "Thrash You" is an unbelievable example of classic thrash done by a new band it's Bay Area thrash with German attitude in 2007 Like the natural evolution Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax should have done. Heavy as Testament last album but way more melodic, I can describe well enough this puppy.

I think this will go head to head with Candlemass new album for the title of #1 of the year so dar (with Saxon on 2nd place), I foresee a very difficult decision by December 31 :zombie:

I just need now the CD available to purchase, this is one of a hell investment.

NP: Abandoned - 'This Is The End'