The Official PPUSA VII Regrets thread

Pellaz said:
regarding inserts for boots, I suggest PowerStep inserts, as recommended and rated here. (I have plantar fasciitis, hence my familiarity with that site. :erk: )

I've got two sets, one for regular shoes and one for concert boots....I got tired of swapping one pair around. :)

I use "Walk Fits" that you see on those infomercials. I've been wearing them since PPVI and never had an issue with my feet after that other than just general "I've been on my feet all day" soreness, but even that's decreased by tenfold.

http://www.walkfit.com/?src=affiliate&aid=13159&subid=AG106&gclid=CJ6ClN7rzYcCFQs5GgodDkMxIg

I've been praising them for years! I even put them in my Renn fest boots and at the end of the day have no foot pain at all.

-Metal

I totally regret not going through the line to meet Epica. I may not get that chance again until I see them at graspop again. That's a slim chance to meet them at a show with 40,000 people. :cry: And to the subject of pictures... I shot so many of the bands and not a single one with any of my friends. :erk:

I regret the 13 beers and 4 Vodka "surprises" from the Granada bartender, the few more beers and the few shots of tequila at Vinyl and, and as a result, missing the entire Karaoke show on Wednesday night.:kickass:

Can you say "pace yourself next year"?

It's all Wayne's fault.

I regret missing ProgPower IV.

oh wait...

let me catch up... ahem...

I regret not taking more pics with friends this year. I kept trying to wait until I had more than one or two peeps within site, and in doing so I kept missing photo op's. Aki - this means you! :Smug:

I regret not taking more pics of the bands on stage. I thought I wouldn't, but I do. I did take a few great shots of Epica that I will post later.

I regret wearing a kilt with no pockets. :erk: And I regret wearing a kilt within reaching distance of Bryant. :zombie:

I regret missing several peeps I had hoped to meet for the first time this year - Yippee, Yardley, the peeps from Odins Court, and too many more to name. :cry:

I regret not getting there in time to meet Epica on Saturday... and on that note...

I regret buying tickets for more folks than myself and my son! Learn a valuable lesson from me: DO NOT SPOT YOUR FRIENDS TICKETS WITHOUT MONEY UP FRONT!!! I have spent four PP shows getting jipped by at least one 'friend' each year - and usually at the last minute. :ill: This year I found myself with a ticket I couldn't GIVE AWAY the weekend of the show! :yell:

This will NOT happen next year. I swear on my kilt, it won't! Next year I am buying my usual two gold badges for Patrick and myself and everyone else can fend for themselves! hmph! If Patrick cannot go at the last minute for some reason then I'll have an extra gold badge someone can use that weekend.

:headbang:

~Hoyt.

Rider of Theli said:
I regret missing several peeps I had hoped to meet for the first time this year - Yippee, Yardley, the peeps from Odins Court, and too many more to name. :cry:

I saw you post here and thought, "Damn. That's one person I didn't get to meet that I wanted to meet." Next year man.

I regret only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before we left. I don't really regret the 24 hour day the next day that had drinking in the last 14 hours. I met too many cool people and had too much fun. However, I got sick as hell as a result (and maybe picked up some bug on the plane) of too little sleep going into the fest. Yardley and I are STILL trying to beat the damn cold. Next year: GET MORE SLEEP BEFORE THE FEST!

I regret that somebody took a picture of the blinding light show and there I am,head turned away from the light looking like a vampire facing the stake.BTW Glenn,that pic was not a "one off"...thats the way it was in those seats every time the drum riser lights came on

Those lights would have been okay if they had lingered for no more than 5 seconds in any one direction.......but I was deer-in-the-headlights nailed by a burst from those lights while watching Epica.

Couldn't have been less than 30 seconds. After ten seconds I was mildly surprised.....after 20, annoyed...and at the 30-second mark I was pretty fuckin' steamed. Then, mercifully, the baleful glare of Sauron moved on. :worship:

Harvester said:
LOFL.

There will be no dvd shoot next year so folks can relax about the lights.

Why not? Not financially worth it? Or... the distraction to the show?

A dvd shoot is a shitload of work and we have no idea how the profit margin will turn out on the dvd. All of the delays between sets were because of the studio computers, not my crew on stage.

I'm ready to take a few years off and consider recording the 10th anniversary show. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind.

Harvester said:
A dvd shoot is a shitload of work and we have no idea how the profit margin will turn out on the dvd. All of the delays between sets were because of the studio computers, not my crew on stage.

I'm ready to take a few years off and consider recording the 10th anniversary show. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind.

You brought it up!!!!!!

Contemplate this if you will... The best of the best!!!All Star reunions and headliners for all of the PPUSA's...

LOL I better stop, I am a bit punchy from not getting a good nights sleep...

I can only imagine how that one is going to be!!!

Bear

Rider of Theli said:
I regret not taking more pics with friends this year. I kept trying to wait until I had more than one or two peeps within site, and in doing so I kept missing photo op's. Aki - this means you! :Smug:
I regret the same thing too, not getting enough pics with friends.. Oh well Hoyt, hopefully I make it over next year and we can fix that :)

No regrets from me on my 1st Progpower, but sum highlights for me were:

Meeting Jorn

Being completely blown away by EPICA's performance ( i was sitting for them but must of gave them 6 standing ovations-they were that good).

Seeing JORN play

Watching sooo many people on the floor for JORN singing the words to so many of his songs, i bet he was impressed!

Meeting sum cool people.

Getting the PP USA V dvd for just ten bucks.

Getting a great JORN shirt for just $15

1) Not having enough money to buy cds
2) Not getting enough sleep
3) Comming in late to some shows
4) Having the signings on at the same time as performances, thus missing some good stuff!
5) Not being able to catch Epicas signing/photos.
6) Not being able to hear the two best male singers, Lance King, and Michael Eriksen at the finale show!

I think that's it. ProgPower was just AWESOME!

Dominick_7 said:
4) Having the signings on at the same time as performances, thus missing some good stuff!

To clarify for those that may have not attended the show yet, signings are scheduled *between* sets. The bands simply stay longer to accomodate the fans as best they can.

if you missd circus maximimus you missd the hole dman thing
wish i could have been there on saterday i eally wanted to see epica but i was mainly there to see mercenary and ever grey so i dont reall yregret not being there for saturday
feal free to pm replys
oh and lamb of god rules:kickass: they are sic:puke: