The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

A Forest of Stars - The Corpse of Rebirth DLP (black exists only)
20igvau.jpg

2mm5kxy.jpg

jtoxg0.jpg

x5e13.jpg

33nur00.jpg

Jess & The Ancient Ones Green vinyl. lim 400
x6kcpf.jpg

Sorry that took so long guys.

I wasn't aware the Drought EP was included in that in pic disc form. I would of bought that then seeing as I made a slightly cheaper overall purchase including the Drought EP as opposed to the boxset before. Time to kick myself. The records look sexy by the way.

True. It's only going to go up in price, especially being the original run.

And because apparently all Agalloch fan's have wallets about twenty times deeper than my own.

The etching is actually rather poor in my opinion. The source piece tiself is too for vinyl etching to begin with, and the thinness of the vinyl used is also not conducive to the practice. But fortunately I didn't buy it for the B side.

The CD version is cool as well though. It's actually more of a 3" disc with an outer ring, so the writing scrolled along the black background is actually clear and produces a nice effect.

The etching is actually rather poor in my opinion. The source piece tiself is too for vinyl etching to begin with, and the thinness of the vinyl used is also not conducive to the practice. But fortunately I didn't buy it for the B side.

I'd say it certainly could be much better with a thicker base. That and the lithograph chosen bares more detail in certain areas than is typical of an etched vinyl, making it more difficult to make out. It's still nice nonetheless.

IMAG1560.jpg

Enslaved - RIITIIR - (Bone/Charcoal splt)

LPzombieapocalypse2.jpg

Just bought this. I know a lot of people don't like them, but I do. HHR released this and is releasing portal - outre and acid witch's first album on vinyl later this month.

I see that some of you buy also new vinyls... is it because of different/huge artworks or something else?
Personally, I have really few new vinyl, just because it's out of print material (or very difficult to find in different formats) or some errors when I started collecting...
I think that if a band records everything with analog tools (I know that Neurosis and Tool do this) it's ok, but I prefer avoiding vinyl with digital sound.

I like to collect vinyl & CDs. Generally buy only really great albums on vinyl, either classics or new stuff that i'm really into - packaging/artwork also goes a long way - really awesome artwork looks great on an LP.

Been meaning to take some photos of my current purchases... will need to do it this weekend. My Possessed 3LP box set looks especially awesome.

I see that some of you buy also new vinyls... is it because of different/huge artworks or something else?
Personally, I have really few new vinyl, just because it's out of print material (or very difficult to find in different formats) or some errors when I started collecting...
I think that if a band records everything with analog tools (I know that Neurosis and Tool do this) it's ok, but I prefer avoiding vinyl with digital sound.

I basically buy vinyls of stuff I already own and really like on cd. I only listen to my vinyl on special occasion. I especially like colored vinyls (not random solid colored ones though) and etchings. I like to collect and I do my collecting on a budget, that's why I buy newer vinyl.

This guy right here is on the mark. A lot of the pristine, shiny new vinyl leaves me a bit cold. I guess a lot of the time who's to know but certainly it makes sense to reproduce analog audio on corresponding equipment. The majority of new LPs are essentially just over sized CDs with gimmicks, sure they may sound "fine" but its kindof a waste of a record really.