To/Die/For, Shatter Messiah, Virgin Black - ATL - 06/29

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
SL0629_TDF_SM.jpg

where else will you find five bands of this quality in one night for $10-$15? :headbang:

click here for advance tickets

If all goes according to plan, Mosquito and I should be making the trek to Georgia for this one. I'd love to see both of those headliners, and I've still not heard Halcyon Way, so I'm looking forward to it, sir. Well done on nailing down a venue, Hoyt.

If all goes according to plan, Mosquito and I should be making the trek to Georgia for this one. I'd love to see both of those headliners, and I've still not heard Halcyon Way, so I'm looking forward to it, sir. Well done on nailing down a venue, Hoyt.

just be sure to show up early enough to catch the opening act - Dead Rites - because I couldn't have gotten the venue nailed down without the help of their lead singer 'Radu'. Sidelines had already turned me down once, but Radu pushed until we got in there. So kudos to Dead Rites!

:kickass:

just be sure to show up early enough to catch the opening act - Dead Rites - because I couldn't have gotten the venue nailed down without the help of their lead singer 'Radu'. Sidelines had already turned me down once, but Radu pushed until we got in there. So kudos to Dead Rites!

:kickass:

Plus, they gave me a free t-shirt down at WREKage this past Friday when they were pimping the show. AND.....it was an XXL. :worship: :heh:

Oh nevermind, I checked out their myspace. Not exactly my style, but no worries, I'll do my best to support them.

they're not exactly my style either - but they put on a great show and really enjoy themselves on stage. They're just 'metal' enough that I can't exactly call them a punk band, even though they are heavily influenced by the Misfits. They also are influenced by Type O Negative, Samhain, and the later Danzig years. Radu can sound precisely like Danzig at times. It's uncanny.

Radu is a huge true metal fan, enjoying everything from 80's power metal to Dimmu to Therion. If you can get there early enough, please check out at least part of their show and cheer for them. Because -seriously- without Radu, this show probably would not have made it to Atlanta.

:headbang: Thanks!

Well its not like the Misfits didn't have some metal in them... and Danzig is loved by all isn't he?

I'll try to make it to this one Hoyt. Even though I've never really listened to the top 2 bands on the bill =d

I am still fighting to get that Friday night off. Should that happen I'll have 4 more with me. Besides these boards and word of mouth how else is this show getting promoted Hoyt? Any ideas on what places or types of places will accept fliers etc? This show needs a good turn out. I'm not above printing out and putting a stack of fliers in Hot Topic if they'll take them.

Hoyt, I'm gonna try to make the show as well.
Depending on what's scheduled that week, I'll either have to get off work somewhat early for it, or return a bit earlier from here in Tennessee. Good news in the latter case is that I'd already be heading in from the northwest. :D

I am still fighting to get that Friday night off. Should that happen I'll have 4 more with me. Besides these boards and word of mouth how else is this show getting promoted Hoyt? Any ideas on what places or types of places will accept fliers etc? This show needs a good turn out. I'm not above printing out and putting a stack of fliers in Hot Topic if they'll take them.

well I've just spent the last four hours doing nothing but posting the flyer electronically across the internet wherever I could - MySpace pages as comments (not just bulletins, which go largely unnoticed), several different forums and communities based around the ATL music scene, and through email listings.

I dropped off flyers today at the venue itself. Tomorrow I will drive around this side of ATL - Paulding/Douglas/Carroll counties - and leave flyers wherever possible: music stores, tattoo shops, cd stores. Your idea of Hot Topic is pretty cool, if they'll take them. If they carry any of the artists (unlikely), then they should take the flyers.

And yes, feel free to help me spread the word about this show on your side of town. It definitely deserves a good turnout - especially since it's on my dime! :ill: :lol:

***seriously****

Hoyt's really got his neck out there on the show - if no one shows up he will personally lose several thousand dollars. If you're going to come, or try to come, PLEASE BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE. Tell your friends in Macon, Birmingham, Savannah, FL, SC, etc. If nothing else show up to give the bands a chance - it's only $10 and everyone on this bill is damn good. It's in what is probably the best rock room in Atlanta, and if you don't dig a band you can go next door and eat or play pool.

If he loses his shirt on this one, he's not going to be in a position to bring other bands to town like Sacred Steel/Persuader tour, Mindflow, and several other bands you all know and love that we're talking to that have to remain nameless at this point.

So don't just give it lip service guys....please.....

***seriously****

Hoyt's really got his neck out there on the show - if no one shows up he will personally lose several thousand dollars...

well a little less than 2,000 actually. But I also didn't want to keep coming in here sounding like a beggar child either. :oops: Just keep in mind everyone that this isn't another one of my high-school band local shows. This is it. This is the start of the big-time for me. If this goes over well enough, then we'll have our foot in the door at Sidelines (formerly the Darkside) to bring a great show in every month or two. So please - those who can and those who live close enough to the ATL - please do what you can to make this show a reality for us. We have the opportunity to keep doing this. but if this first show flops, then I don't know who'll step up next time. Because the wife will make sure I don't blow another thousand or two on a show again. :cry: ;)

I realize these shows pale in comparison to ProgPower, and I'm certainly not in a position to compete on that level - and probably never will be. But if we want great shows to come along in between the once-a-year ProgPower and the extremely rare Blind Guardian, Therion, or Nightwish appearances, then do what you can to help make this happen. If you cannot commit to this particular show, just help us spread the word

and yeah, Sidelines has a great bar and grill with a wonderful staff, so if you don't like a particular band, step through the door, have a seat, and enjoy some great food and drink. That's another way to ensure we keep bringing great shows to this convenient location. :)

Thanks everyone for your support! Now, let's bring METAL back to Atlanta! :kickass:

:heh:

I really want to make it to this show. Hoyt, if there is anything I can do to help you out, just let me know.

just keep mentioning the show on WREKage, and maybe spread a few flyers around for me in the GA TECH area. And I could bring a ton of flyers to you at the station next weekend. So just let me know if you'll be around. Halcyon or Dead Rites will probably make a visit to help promote.

Thanks bro! :headbang: