To/Die/For, Shatter Messiah, Virgin Black - ATL - 06/29

Mevyn is an awesome band. They well deserved their ProgPower (UK or Europe.. ?) appearance.

Hey, anyone know anything about the venue for the WI show? Vnuck's, I believe? Was interested in going since that's the closest show I could make...

Thanks,
Chrisf

To also clear something up, it was brought up to my attention that my post sort of made it look like that Virgin Black will be on the entire tour since Shatter Messiah dropped off. I just want to clear up that Virgin Black will still be dropping off after their scheduled last show to be replaced by Epicurean. Virgin Black have been in the states for a good few weeks now and are missing home, haha.

Brent

Ok, it is now the 5th date of the tour and I will now say that I am watching the best opening band of the tour thus far (excluding Halcyon Way), Mevyn. I have never heard these guys, only heard some word about them on the board here. I must buy stuff after set...

Brent

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO way to go Drew and company, why do you think I got them for TEXAS MADFEST???? Because they are so frigging awesome, just wait TEXAS MADFEST attendees you will get to see them also, and they will do a complete 60 minute set.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I didn't really have an accurate way to keep a tally, but the total number of people who 'paid' to see the show range between about 80-85, plus a dozen 'guest list' folks.
Sounds pretty good! My friend went to the New Orleans show and said there were a total of FIVE people in the audience.

...My friend went to the New Orleans show and said there were a total of FIVE people in the audience.

:guh: whoa - somebody lost some money.

geez, what are these local promoters doing? anything? I don't think I did enough and I feel like I worked my tail off trying to get some people out to the ATL show. :rolleyes:

Wow....5 @ NO....felt bad about the Raleigh turnout....

Well...i do not pretend to know anything about promoting a show, but I do know I saw nothing about the Raleigh show anywhere and only about 20-30 paying at the show (of which a good little handful showed up for Here Lies....and left).

Certainly not the show I would have attempted this time of year in Raleigh, with all the colleges out for summer that is....part of the reason summer here generally has zero for shows unless the bands have a fairly more recognizable name.

Personally...glad the tour stopped here as I enjoyed the show....then again...only cost me $15.00 and a few beers.

Sounds pretty good! My friend went to the New Orleans show and said there were a total of FIVE people in the audience.

WOW! This gets me really spooked about the Brooklyn show. I wonder if the show at Club Atlantis is even on since not even the management knew what I was talking about.

I saw this show at JAXX in virginia, i never listened to virgin black before, and surprised me the intro alone was amazing and the atmosphere the lead singer gave and everyone else was just overwhelming, it sucked at JAXX there were more people for VB, than there was for to/die/for and jaxx was the first show in the US, and they seemed kinda disappointed and not too happy, but for not knowing virgin black they were one of the best performances i've ever seen

slightly off the main subject here, but along the lines of Pathfinder Promotions...

I just secured the Sidelines Rocks Live venue for a 'local/regional' metal show involving two of Atlanta's premiere Power Metal acts and another great find from out of state. So watch for a separate thread to start up this week with details.

So mark your calendars for Saturday, Aug 25th to help me celebrate my birthday with a great metal show brought to you by Pathfinder Promotions!!!

and then just wait until you see what I have in store for you in October - one week behind ProgPower USA VIII! :heh:

:headbang: