dead-rites-sidelineslive-20070629-0030.jpg
halcyon-way-sidelineslive-20070629-0080.jpg
virginblack-sidelineslive-20070629-0160.jpg
virginblack-sidelineslive-20070629-0010.jpg
todiefor-sidelineslive-20070629-0090.jpg
todiefor-sidelineslive-20070629-0030.jpg

Gallery

About how many people showed up?

I didn't really have an accurate way to keep a tally, but the total number of people who 'paid' to see the show range between about 80-85, plus a dozen 'guest list' folks. As to the number of PPUSA forum regulars who showed, I'd guess more than a dozen (band members notwithstanding) - including...

Glenn Harveston and wife
Esa
Pellaz
Magius + friend Gary and wife
James and Kathy
dcowboys311
Pelabra de Dios (from SC!)
cheiron
entrerie and wife
ruthven (from Chattanooga!)
nightmare1z
jimbob232
Heavenly Call
rottingflesh (our long lost Linda!)

and of course PatrickHoyt (aka the.lost.hatter)

did crazycamera make it? riffdaemon? there's a few I don't recall seeing. Sorry if I missed you. Anyone else I missed, please speak up. You deserve a big Thank You! for attending.

:headbang:

(I’m also hoping the video turned out okay; my apologies to Jon if I gave too much camera time to Ernie.)

The video turned out great and I've been editing it all yesterday. I made some DVDs and I'll youtube them as soon as I feel up to individually exporting each song.

And you gave Jon so much camera time compared to me! :lol:

The video turned out great and I've been editing it all yesterday. I made some DVDs and I'll youtube them as soon as I feel up to individually exporting each song.

And you gave Jon so much camera time compared to me! :lol:

I REALLY tried to get you in to more of the shots, but every time I thought I had a clear view, as soon as I would start to zoom in, there's Jon again, right in the middle of the frame :lol:

I REALLY tried to get you in to more of the shots, but every time I thought I had a clear view, as soon as I would start to zoom in, there's Jon again, right in the middle of the frame :lol:

HAHA that's cool.. I'm used to it by now.. there are no pictures of me either and never are.. They might as well play with a drum machine! :lol:

Drummers are always the hardest subjects to capture at a show. Even when the downstage lighting is bright, it's often still dim in the back, plus they're usually hidden by the kit. If you try to use flash, they seldom carry far enough to capture the drummer anyway. :(

My pics from this show are posted here. But Esa surely got much better ones, so hang tight. :)

Some videos will go up later tonight or tomorrow night.

HAHA that's cool.. I'm used to it by now.. there are no pictures of me either and never are..
Drummers are always the hardest subjects to capture at a show. Even when the downstage lighting is bright, it's often still dim in the back, plus they're usually hidden by the kit.

What he said. But I'll take that as a challenge...

You could always lay out your kit like Virgin Black's drummer for maximum photo-ops. :heh:

But Esa surely got much better ones, so hang tight. :)

See a few posts above. :)

Virgin Black...Rowan is a perfectionist but the passion he has for music is so palpable, I felt like I was almost intruding on something personal. He put on one of the most intense performances I have seen in years.

This is exactly what I told my girlfriend after the show, very well said.

Oh yes, and the setlist for Virgin Black:

Intro
I Sleep With the Emperor
Domine
Walk Without Limbs
Our Wings Are Burning
Opera de Romance
And the Kiss of God's Mouth
Drink the Midnight Hymn (Last minute change instead of Lacrimosa (I am Blind and Weeping))
Velvet Tongue

I was extremely impressed with the setlist, as I was not expecting so many tracks from Sombre Romantic. To get ...Midnight Hymn and ...Emperor was amazing (as these songs are quite the fast black-metal-esque tracks), and Domine is by far my favorite track off the newest CD. I could have done with one more song from the newest CD (Requiem - Mezzo Forte), perhaps "...and I am Suffering," but I can't complain, they chose most of my favorite tracks to play so I was extremely happy.

Oh and I got the setlist signed by both Rowan and Samantha, I couldn't have asked for much more!

-- william

Thanks for everyone's kind words. We had a blast doing this show, and if you missed this one hopefully you can make it to the next one.
Thanks to all the bands that played, there was a really great vibe on and off the stage, that really made it a great night.
And of course it was great seeing Brent, Amanda, Paul, James/Kathy and Brian. It was really cool getting to meet the other forum members as well. Thanks to Esa for the great photos. Nice Job!
And of course thanks to Hoyt for putting it all together, don't worry we'll get em next time!

Later,
Sean

Also wanted to throw my belated $.02 in and say THANKS HOYT! The show was great! My band and I really enjoyed everything. Great job all the bands, I particulary enjoyed Halcyon Way. Hope things work out and you can do it again sometime!

Thanks for everyone's kind words. We had a blast doing this show, and if you missed this one hopefully you can make it to the next one.
Thanks to all the bands that played, there was a really great vibe on and off the stage, that really made it a great night.
And of course it was great seeing Brent, Amanda, Paul, James/Kathy and Brian. It was really cool getting to meet the other forum members as well. Thanks to Esa for the great photos. Nice Job!
And of course thanks to Hoyt for putting it all together, don't worry we'll get em next time!

Later,
Sean

You are damn right it was great seeing me! Hahaha. We are in Austin now, about to open doors. We are having a blast, several of us (myself, Jape, Jaska, Tommy, Chrissy, and Antza) went out and got tattoos last night. It was my first one and I got the pitchfork logo from Priest when Rob was in the band the first time. Got it on my right arm, next project is the Ripper era one on the left arm in the same place. We'll see. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as I anticipated, it almost felt like a really deep relaxing scratch... I hope I am not getting the itch... haha.

Brent

Ok, it is now the 5th date of the tour and I will now say that I am watching the best opening band of the tour thus far (excluding Halcyon Way), Mevyn. I have never heard these guys, only heard some word about them on the board here. I must buy stuff after set...

Brent

Question: Now that Shatter Messiah deep-sixed their slot, will Virgin Black be taking their place on the last shows?