To/Die/For, Shatter Messiah, Virgin Black - ATL - 06/29

Sucks, I know. Shatter Messiah is the band on the bill that had the most crossover appeal to Thrash and Metalcore fans. Some sort of explanation would be appropriate, especially to you and all the other promoters for this tour.

not to worry Steve - and no slight to Brent - because I've received an explanation. No worries from me. I'll still miss seeing them, as I have become a fan since first discovering Shatter Messiah shortly before they were first announced for this tour. I just hope we can retain the folks who show up tomorrow and turn their nose up at every other band on the roster when they discover Shatter Messiah is no longer a part of the show.

I remember the Grip Inc/Nevermore show at the Masquerade in 1999, when Grip Inc canceled a couple of days before the show. People who waited to buy tickets at the door showed up, found out Grip Inc wouldn't be there, then turned and left, and did not give Nevermore or (local band) Lilitu a chance. There ended up being about 50 people on hand after at least that many turned away after Grip Inc canceled.

*sigh* I'm learning some harsh lessons as I get into this business. :erk:

My wife and I will be there.

Curious as to what the new time schedule is though?

Well, that is pretty much up to Hoyt at this point, Virgin Black may have some other songs they can play and To Die For said that they had an extra song. I told them not to rush through their sets and to just have fun. We are hopefully getting a 3rd band to join up with us in New Orleans for a big leg of the tour, I will say who when we get it confirmed 100%

Brent

I'll still be going. I'm actually most looking forward to Virgin Black. I'm interested to see how they will translate live (though from some reviews I've seen it sounds like they do very well).

I'll still be going. I'm actually most looking forward to Virgin Black. I'm interested to see how they will translate live (though from some reviews I've seen it sounds like they do very well).

To be completely honest, I did not like them on cd before this tour. But as of last night, they blew me away. They were very aggressive and quite good on stage. I am looking forward to their set here in about 30 minutes.

Hell, they have brought the most number of people so far, over half of the crowd at Jaxx last night was their for them. They did not disapoint at all. To Die For was quite good as well, they come off very well live too. I will not mention anything about Shatter Messiah, but I don't think you will ever see another Tour Manager in the front row head banging as hard as I was... my neck still hurts. It is quite a shame that they left, as I wanted everyone to experience them live as well.

Brent

My wife and I will be there.

Curious as to what the new time schedule is though?

cool Glenn, I look forward to seeing you there. :)

What I wanted to do was offer my two local openers 5-10 minutes more apiece also. We'll still start at 8PM. And with everyone backlining off of Halcyon Way and Dead Rites' equipment, all we have to do is some strategic maneuvering between each set and break down and set up drums. The night should go pretty smooth over all and still be just as intense.

:headbang:

cool Glenn, I look forward to seeing you there. :)

What I wanted to do was offer my two local openers 5-10 minutes more apiece also. We'll still start at 8PM. And with everyone backlining off of Halcyon Way and Dead Rites' equipment, all we have to do is some strategic maneuvering between each set and break down and set up drums. The night should go pretty smooth over all and still be just as intense.

:headbang:

Do what you want.

Ouch. Sucks about Shatter Messiah...moreso for the tour package than my own enjoyment. I had the pleasure of seeing them at Chicago Powerfest this year, so I'm not necessarily itching to see them for the first time like most may be. They are a great band, and definitely have their bit of Nevermore influence (which is not a bad thing at all). Oh well, maybe that'll give our overseas bands a bit more time in their own sets???

To be completely honest, I did not like them on cd before this tour. But as of last night, they blew me away. They were very aggressive and quite good on stage. I am looking forward to their set here in about 30 minutes.

Hell, they have brought the most number of people so far, over half of the crowd at Jaxx last night was their for them. They did not disapoint at all. To Die For was quite good as well, they come off very well live too. I will not mention anything about Shatter Messiah, but I don't think you will ever see another Tour Manager in the front row head banging as hard as I was... my neck still hurts. It is quite a shame that they left, as I wanted everyone to experience them live as well.

Brent

tess and i figured you were posting away here last night...(we were at the volume 11 show)...king lek and prince lek also attended...

:p tess

I'll do my job how I choose to do my job. Hoyt, as well as the other promoters who are interested in why this happened will get an explanation straight from me, but it is not something that I am going to talk about publically on a forum or anywhere else, as there are many different sides to what happened and many different reasons why they left. I have the utmost respect for that band and will remain great friends with them in the future. I would have given anything to have seen them stay on the tour, but it was just impossible from their point of view, as well as the views of others, including myself, for them to stay on the tour and it be beneficial for all involved.

Brent

Well, that's too bad for the band. However, after seeing the Jaxx show they were certainly the "odd band out" in terms of style and although I know many enjoyed their show, it did sort of break up the vibe that would have taken place between Virgin Black and To/Die/For. If they would have stayed on, I think they should have gone on prior to Virgin Black because it was just one of those "jump into cold water" changes between Virgin Black and them and To/Die/For. Just my opinion and certainly no disrespect to Shatter Messiah intended.

leaving the house soon to run errands before the show tonight. I hope to see many of my ProgPower family there tonight. Most of you know what I look like, and for those who do not - just look for the most stressed-out looking guy who doesn't look like he belongs at a metal show and that should be me. :loco:

Remember, the show starts at 8PM, so get there early for some great local metal!

Thanks guys and gals! :headbang: see ya there!

It's never the bands fault is it? ...... :rolleyes:

SHATTER MESSIAH Drops Off TO/DIE/FOR Tour - June 29, 2007 SHATTER MESSIAH, the Akron, Ohio-based band featuring former NEVERMORE/ANNIHILATOR guitarist Curran Murphy and ex-ANNIHILATOR drummer Robert Falzano, has released the following statement:

"SHATTER MESSIAH regret to announce that because of the promoter's failure to communicate and fully disclose the financial arrangements made with the local promoters of each show, SHATTER MESSIAH have been forced to cancel the remainder of their summer tour dates with TO/DIE/FOR. Under the financial terms disclosed to them after the first show of the tour, it became readily apparent to the band that it would be economically unfeasible to continue. SHATTER MESSIAH apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused their fans, as well as the other bands on the tour and the venues. The band is very upset that they could not participate in this tour due to this lack of communication. SHATTER MESSIAH is working diligently to get back on tour as soon as possible and give their fans what they have been waiting for and demanding for so long."

DCA Recordings in April released the critically acclaimed debut album by SHATTER MESSIAH, "Never to Play the Servant". The CD was released last year in Europe, and had only been available as an import outside the continent.

It's never the bands fault is it? ...... :rolleyes:

SHATTER MESSIAH Drops Off TO/DIE/FOR Tour - June 29, 2007 SHATTER MESSIAH, the Akron, Ohio-based band featuring former NEVERMORE/ANNIHILATOR guitarist Curran Murphy and ex-ANNIHILATOR drummer Robert Falzano, has released the following statement:

"SHATTER MESSIAH regret to announce that because of the promoter's failure to communicate and fully disclose the financial arrangements made with the local promoters of each show, SHATTER MESSIAH have been forced to cancel the remainder of their summer tour dates with TO/DIE/FOR. Under the financial terms disclosed to them after the first show of the tour, it became readily apparent to the band that it would be economically unfeasible to continue. SHATTER MESSIAH apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused their fans, as well as the other bands on the tour and the venues. The band is very upset that they could not participate in this tour due to this lack of communication. SHATTER MESSIAH is working diligently to get back on tour as soon as possible and give their fans what they have been waiting for and demanding for so long."

DCA Recordings in April released the critically acclaimed debut album by SHATTER MESSIAH, "Never to Play the Servant". The CD was released last year in Europe, and had only been available as an import outside the continent.

Ouch. That's not a very friendly press release. Ugh.

I know. I read it. I just love it. lol.

Communication between some parties and the issue of their OWN VAN breaking down and was leaking Carbon into their van. Renting another van would have been more expensive... So. Renting that and guarantees or other things would still have hurted them.

I am not going to comment on this issue anymore.

The shows are still going on as planned and everyone has high spirits.

I do though wish Shatter Messiah the best of luck.

tess and i figured you were posting away here last night...(we were at the volume 11 show)...king lek and prince lek also attended...

:p tess

6:50 AM......I am MORE than impressed with you!

Have a great show tonight!!!!!!! I wish I could make it and I really hope you have a bigger crowd than we did last night but it was still great, IMO. :)

6:50 AM......I am MORE than impressed with you!

Have a great show tonight!!!!!!! I wish I could make it and I really hope you have a bigger crowd than we did last night but it was still great, IMO. :)

i wake up at 5:30 every morning...are you now even MORE impressed?... ;)

i had fun last night too...i really didn't know what to expect, but i really did like to/die/for...and also virgin black, interesting looking band....i liked the singer's voice, when i could hear it...the sound was not right, at least for me...
it was kinda loud at times and there were some kids standing with their fingers in their ears (it was kinda comical)....the venue did sell ear plugs....