Today is Bandcamp Friday

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
Today, September 3, is Bandcamp Friday.
So what is Bandcamp Friday you may ask? From Bandcamp's web site:

"On the first Friday of every month since March of 2020, we’ve waived our revenue share to help support the many artists who have seen their livelihoods disrupted by the pandemic."

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-fridays-2021

So today is a good day to purchase music from Bandcamp because the artists will receive more money.

Myself, I am going to purchase a couple albums, including one from Arch Echo, who will be playing at ProgPower USA in June 2022.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Edit: While Bandcamp Friday lasts the entire day, midnight to midnight, I just discovered this: Bandcamp uses PACIFIC TIME (PST) so keep that in mind. Made the mistake of purchasing music early this morning thinking it was Bandcamp Friday at 1pm Central time. I was one hour too early. :bah:

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyIsDio
I didn't do any of the research I needed to going into this one. I thought I had another week, lol. Oh well, November it will be.

I didn't do any of the research I needed to going into this one. I thought I had another week, lol. Oh well, November it will be.

There must be a lot of us who wait until the artists can get maximum $$ from our purchases & its really cool of Bandcamp to be doing it.

Reactions: Mardoch
Yeah. Even when not on BC Fridays the artist gets something like 80%, and that goes up to like 93% for BC Fridays. So I never feel like "bad" about not buying on those Fridays, but I'll strive to hit them when I can. BC's gotten lots of my money anyway, lol

I picked up a smallish slice this time, and the highlight is probably Sion - Self Titled. For any fan of Howard Jones era Killswitch Engage. Howard Jones on vocals and Jared Dines leading the guitars...this album is metalcore perfection.

Reactions: NorseBlood
They said that once before, too. We shall see. They do still pay their artists a much higher share than everywhere else, though, so I never feel bad buying from them (and they still need to get paid, too).

Reactions: NorseBlood
Thats a great point.
I've heard from other sources that Bandcamp gives the artists the most money from purchases. Its good to hear this from you too.

I've noticed that artists are producing more music now that they cannot tour, so its important they get the most from our purchases. I've kicked up my merch purchases from bands I like the most too.

Bump. Today is the day. Bandcamp Friday where the artists get 100% of the money.

Edit:

Picked up 3 albums from Bandcamp today:

The Waymaker

This is a good solid power metal album with Christian themes. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. Its what you would expect from a Christian Liljegren fronted band. It has a heavier sound than Golden Resurrection or Narnia. More info about the album here:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/The_Waymaker/The_Waymaker/878751

Knight & Gallow: For Honor and Bloodshead

This is a solid first album from, a very young heavy metal band out of California. I'll give it 2.5 out of 5 stars. Its not a bad album, but the band has room for improvement. It is an excellent effort for a young band. I expect they will improve and their next album will be even better. More information here:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Knight_&_Gallow/For_Honor_and_Bloodshed/1014394

Sabaton: The War to End All Wars

Sabaton have a formula, and it works for them. Its not as good as their earlier music as it feels like its less artistically inspired then just following what works for them. Its exactly what you would expect from them: songs of war, power metal with softer melodic interludes woven in, Jaokim's deep vocals, excellent guitar leads. What is missing is that this just seems canned and not inspired. Still, its a good power metal since they work their groove well. I'll give it 4 out of 5 stars. More information here:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sabaton/The_War_to_End_All_Wars/983967

Welp. Looking forward to next Bandcamp Friday. I'll post my purchases here.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingsGene