Today is Bandcamp Friday

Picked up another Sumerlands. This is their new Dreamkiller album which was just released earlier this month. If you like 80s heavy metal then you should like this one.

Two hours left & picked up Days of the Lost by The Halo Effect. Its classic Gothenberg melodeath. If you like Dark Tranquility and old In Flames, then you should like this one.

Last edited:
Bump. Its that day again. Today is a great day to download some music from Bandcamp.

Picked up the new Katatonia album that will be released in a couple of months.

Also picked up a good prog metal album by an Aussie band from Canberra called Taliesin. The album is called Faceless. I have not heard all of it, but the samples I did listen to were good.

Last edited:
bump - its that day again.

Picked up Evil Invaders - Shattering Reflection

The Cryptex - LIVE - Resonanzwerk Oberhausen DE - 09.12.2021
>> FREE DOWNLOAD <<

Last edited:
Reactions: KingsGene
Just because I wondered if it really was BandCamp Friday ( it's not ) and why isn't it...

Bandcamp Fridays Will Continue Into 2023

( originally published December 15, 2022 )

"...Bandcamp began their Bandcamp Friday series at the start of the pandemic to help support artists through financial hardship. Bandcamp Fridays occurred on the first Friday of a given month where bands would receive 100% of the profits from their Bandcamp sales, foregoing the usual fees and putting all the money in their own pockets.

Bandcamp has now announced via email they're taking the tradition into 2023 with the first (and so far only) Bandcamp Friday happening on February 3. If you need to know if it's Bandcamp Friday on any given Friday, consult this specific website.

"On most first Fridays of the month since March of 2020, we've waived our revenue share to provide additional support to the artists and labels who form the backbone of Bandcamp's community and without whom we would not exist. Over the course of those 26 Fridays, fans have spent more than $91 million dollars, and participation has remained consistently high, with each Bandcamp Friday generating millions of dollars of extra income for artists and labels.

"So, we're going to keep a good thing going in 2023....."

Just a heads up: Today is the last Bandcamp Friday for a while.

Picked up 3 albums tonight in preparation for Progpower USA as I always like to be fully immersed in all the bands' music prior to each PPUSA. So these are my three new albums:

Kamelot - The Awakening

Delain - Dark Waters

Unleash the Archers - Abyss

Really looking forward to this Progpower as it will be my first since 2019. Has it really been 4 years? What a great lineup for this year too.

Last edited:
Another Bandcamp Friday coming up in 18 hours - enjoy them while they last as who know what'll happen now that Bandcamp's been sold again!

I've fallen a bit sick so at least it'll give me something to look forward to this weekend. Might grab this stoner metal for one thing:

I've got a research queue to churn through. Bandcamp losing half of their staff in the sale is horrendous garbage, though, and everything now is even worse feels than when I was giving money to a company under Epic's umbrella.

We can't keep nice things, man.

• Sad
Today is Bandcamp Friday again guys. With new ownership, will this be the last one?

Frozen Crown - Call of the North

Fifth Angel - When Angels Kill

Last edited:
Interesting article here about Nathan Hubbard, cofounder and CEO of the music company Firebird, and a mention of the Bandcamp sale and aftermath....

As you know, music-discovery darling Bandcamp was recently sold to Songtradr, and half of its staff was laid off. What does that mean for the future of indie music?

I worry about that a little bit, but there are so many platforms today that bring audience to artists that I’m incredibly optimistic about opportunities for independent artists to manage their own careers.
All of that said, there is a lot of noise out there right now. It’s great that everybody can pick up an instrument and start creating, and that some of those people turn into Justin Bieber. It is also true that some of those people are not great artists. Increasingly, with a glut of supply, what’s going to be really interesting are the platforms that help filter out the stuff that’s good. It gives us opportunities to decide democratically what we’re all going to ultimately come around.

So I don’t think Bandcamp has a monopoly on the surfacing of great talent and great artists, and I certainly don’t think they have a monopoly on freeing independent artists from the capital constraints of the music industry. There’s always going to be a trade-off in terms of how much of each dollar an artist makes, and the audience that comes with it. There will be other platforms that step up.

Reactions: NorseBlood