Virgin Steele appreciation thread

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Im gonna make my push for VIRGIN FUCKIN' STEELE for PP V. They are as unique a band as you can get, no one else has that barbaric romanticism sound going on and NO ONE has the voice that killer voice of David Defeis. His falsetto makes me weaker in the knees than a whole row of Playboy bunnies. A headlining spot at PP V is only just for this band, they have created songs that have touched people in more than just a "hey that sounded cool" fashion. If Prog Power is about uniqueness and talent than I say that Virgin Steele fits this like a glove, and also they are a Progressive (in terms of musical talent not scale showoffism and time change quirkiness) and POWERFUL band like none other.

For examples of this bands godliness check out the songs:

"Invictus" "Crown of Glory" "Thy Kingdom Come" "BLOOD AND GASOLINE" "Dominion Day" "On the Wings of the Night" and "Kingdom of the Fearless"

Do it. NOW!!!

Ben

I would LOVE to see VS at ProgPower! They hardly ever play the states despite being from New York. Robin and I flew up there last christmas to see a one off show in Farmingdale and they were amazing live. I'm sure there could be some contention as to whether they are at all progressive, in the traditional sense of the word, but they're as good a power metal band as one can find out there. I wholeheartedly support them being at Progpower, next year or someday. I heard that Glen had tried to contact them awhile back and was having trouble getting a reply. hopefully that can get straightened out. I wonder if David would get to use his big flaming sword at ProgPower. probably not...

at any rate, a hearty vote for YES!!!

Ryan

(House of Atreus Act I is in my car right now)

What an awesome band! I've seen these guys live three times and they get better with each show. Easily one of the top live acts I've ever seen (and living in NY, we have seen a ton).

I could be mistaken, but I believe Glenn had asked them to play a previous Progpower and there was some sort of a miscommunication between Dave Defeis and management..er something like that.

I'd love to see them again!

I remember hearing about that miscommunication thing too. Ten bucks says it was with his shitty management New Media, esp that dumb ass MARK MORTON. I had an interview with David a while back and this dumb ass (Mark) kept jerking me around for about a month before it happened. If Glenn had to contact him no wonder there was a big fuckup.

Ben