Vision Divine!!!!

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
There were several threads for other bands, but for my money, NO ONE outsang Michele Luppi!!!! VD was my favorite of the fest!!!! Closely followed by Freak Kitchen, Jorn, and Circus Maximus in no particular order.:headbang:

Vision Divine were certainly awesome. Great setlist as well. Michele Luppi I knew would be good as I have the live dvd, but seeing it in person was just too cool.

Here's the setlist from what I remember (probably out of order somewhere):

The Perfect Machine
First Day of a Never-ending Day
Stream of Unaconsciousness/The Secret of Life
Colours of My World
The Ancestor's Blood
In the Light/The Fallen Feather
La Vita Fugge
Versions of the Same
God is Dead

Changeofamemory said:
Vision Divine were certainly awesome. Great setlist as well. Michele Luppi I knew would be good as I have the live dvd, but seeing it in person was just too cool.

The Perfect Machine
Colours of My World
The Ancestor's Blood
La Vita Fugge
Versions of the Same
God is Dead

I certainly agree that Vision Divine was awesome. My only gripe is that they should have be a 4th slot band, or at least a 3rd. Then they could play some more songs like: Out Of The Maze, We Are, We Are Not, and Land of Fear.

Metal Zealot said:
I certainly agree that Vision Divine was awesome. My only gripe is that they should have be a 4th slot band, or at least a 3rd. Then they could play some more songs like: Out Of The Maze, We Are, We Are Not, and Land of Fear.
2nd and 3rd slot played the same set length this year. 15 mins was taken from the 4th slot and added to the second.

I wanted to hear Out of the Maze as well as Identities and Here in 6048. Hopefully they'll be back in a couple years at the higher slot. The crowd reaction by the end was pretty pleasing.

I'm just glad they played "La Vitta Fugge" so that I got to hear Michele Luppi hold that note at the end for what seemed like 15 minutes. :headbang:

I was going to start my own VD appreciation thread, but I won't flood the forum with duplicate posts. Bottom line imo was that they were the best band of the entire weekend! They put on one hell of a performance and you could tell each and every one of them enjoyed what they were doing and truly appreciated being there. What else can be said about Luppi; perhaps the best vocalist to ever grace the PP stage other than Khan of course :worship:

Serioulsy though, all comparisons aside, they blew me away. I was disaapointed that they did not play 1 single tune from their earlier albums. I guess that was due to the lack of time allotted for the set.

If Shane is reading this, please brother, get these guys back to headline the pre-party. It seems like it may have become a trend over the past 2 years, and I can't think of a better band to repeat as a pre-party headliner. Absolutely amazing!

I absolutely positively have to see this band again. Perhaps the best performance at any Progpower, nevermind VII.

Michele Luppi is THE greatest vocalist to ever grace the stage.

"BRING THEM BACK, BRING THEM BACK"

Yeah I liked Vision Divine and Epica the most by far. V.D. has a great presence on stage, very professional, but then you know the Italians always do it better :p Too bad their South American tour won't happen, after they came all the way over here.

YtseJammer said:
I absolutely positively have to see this band again. Perhaps the best performance at any Progpower, nevermind VII.

"BRING THEM BACK, BRING THEM BACK"

300% agreed. By the way, Im still hoping your backpack is found brother! See you on Wed. for KAMELOT!

nightwish58 said:
If Shane is reading this, please brother, get these guys back to headline the pre-party. It seems like it may have become a trend over the past 2 years, and I can't think of a better band to repeat as a pre-party headliner. Absolutely amazing!

:headbang: :kickass:
Please, DO IT! That show was amazing!

Michel Luppi sounded great and the band was tight. I was hoping for Land of Fear as well, but La Vita Fugge was awesome!! How does he get enough air in his lungs for that note?!

Changeofamemory said:

The Perfect Machine
Colours of My World
The Ancestor's Blood
La Vita Fugge
Versions of the Same
God is Dead

good set list from VD!

guardian26 said:
Michel Luppi sounded great and the band was tight. I was hoping for Land of Fear as well, but La Vita Fugge was awesome!! How does he get enough air in his lungs for that note?!

Seriously. It was amazing. Did ya get home alright?

YtseJammer said:

Michele was such a joy to watch...not only is he an amazingly gifted vocalist, but he looked like he was having a BLAST on stage!