Vision Divine!!!!

VD and Freak Kitchen were my favorite bands of the weekend. I never heard VD before, and I nearly didn't go into the stage area to check them out. Thank god I did. After that, i went to the vendor area and bought Stream of Consciousness. Good stuff!

james

Vision Divine really did a kick-ass job that night. They were one of the main reasons why I made the trip down there for this thing. I was listening to thier new album on the way back from Richmond airport and really liked it.

VD (yes it was on purpose, hehehe) and Circus Maximus were by far my faves of the weekend...

Bought both Vision Divine discs while I was there and I'm lovin' their cover of 'The Needle Lies' and the other 3 extras on the disc...

wow, I couldn't agree more. I also bought the CD after their set. I wasn't familar wtih them at all before hand either, but I was blown away. Definitely the best surprise of the weekend.

Nightmare1z said:
VISION DIVINE: South American Tour Cancelled

AHHHH, this must be why Olaf had such an unhappy look on his face much of the festival. Of course when he got on stage he looked quite happy - either he was having a great time like Michelle or he's just very professional.

As for the band, they ruled, but I did expect that ;). Mr. Luppi is indeed AMAZING, and in person is really funny, amazingly friendly, and a total clown. That definitely comes out in his life performance too!

Hmm. Well. That's pretty crappy.

Anyways, back to screaming like a school girl at a Beatles concert.

EXACTLY THE PERFORMANCE I EXPECTED THEM TO HAVE, AND EXACTLY THE RESPONSE THEY DESERVE!!!

Outstanding band. Inspiring singer. On par with Edguy at PP3 and Symphorce last year. Walked on in and CONQUERED the place!

I'm photoshopping my new signature as I type this...

I didn't know anything about Vision Divine before the show but I remember reading someone's post before the show that Michelle Luppi was possibly the best singer to have ever graced the stage at PPUSA. I thought that was a pretty bold statement after seeing Michael Eriksen, Zak Stevens, Russell Allen, Tobias Sammett and so many other talented vocalists perform at PPUSA, so I definitely planned to check them out. OMG!!! What a freakin' VOICE!!! They were amazing! One of two huge surprises for me this year (the other being Freak Kitchen).

That would be me and my friend Justin. We r huge VD fans and yes it was a bold statement considering all of the amazing talent of past years. With that said, Mr. Luppi did not disappoint as he sung his ass off and hopefully gained some new fans as a result. Vision Divine will headline this festival in 2010. Mark my words!!!