Vison Divine-25th Hour

Theandromedastrain

eyeloveprog(Ben)
Sep 25, 2005
NJ
www.myspace.com
As some of you now know it has been leaked. I've listened to about half of it. It takes place (as some of you yet again know) years after Streams of Unconsciousness. Heaven's Calling and thier single Alpha and Omega are VERY strong songs and are excellent additions to thier outstanding lot of songs. I'll update with another post later on when I finish and digest the album more.

Until then, share your thoughts. If you haven't heard the actual album yet, share thoughts on thier alpha and omega single. :headbang:

Very solid release. I do, however, find it hard to be objective about Vision Divine albums, as I can't really think of a way Luppi could sing something and make it not sound awesome. :headbang:

Let me first say that I am a huge Vision Divine fan. I have spun this album once. Based on one spin, I am not that impressed. This is no Stream of Consciousness. Sometimes it takes multiple spins for something to click for me and I hope this is the case here. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is bad, there is just nothing that is jumping out at me. Bummer, as I was really looking forward to this album. I'll revisit this after a few more spins.

Let me first say that I am a huge Vision Divine fan. I have spun this album once. Based on one spin, I am not that impressed. This is no Stream of Consciousness. Sometimes it takes multiple spins for something to click for me and I hope this is the case here. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is bad, there is just nothing that is jumping out at me. Bummer, as I was really looking forward to this album. I'll revisit this after a few more spins.

I felt that way with SOC when I first heard it... nothing really jumped out at me... but because of his voice being so good it warranted repeat listens and the rest of the album grew on me...

S.O.C. took a lot of listens for me to absorb all the layers of sounds, the storytelling transitions, the layers of keyboards, the lyrics, and most of all, getting used to Luppi's style as opposed to Fabio's voice.

Now I worship that album with a holy temple in my CD collection.

I haven't heard the new album due to it not being available yet. With that said, I have a hard time believing anything would be subpar that Michelle and Olaf are involved in together. I look very much forward to seeing what this band does in the future. If they stay together and continue to release consistent discs, then I predict they'll be co-headliners along with Circus Maximus someday. :headbang: Michelle Luppi is a god! :worship:

~Brian~

I think the release date is June 25th?:

http://www.scarletrecords.it/

I'm going to buy the cd and support the band when "The 25th Hour" is officially released. "Alpha & Omega" is a great song, it's mid-tempo for the most part but still manages to have a "speedy solo". The best of both worlds! The band can really do no wrong with the current line-up. Luppi, Luppi...:kickass:

As far as I know, both Stream of Consciousness and The Perfect Machine were both concept albums. However, both seemed to lend themselves to the "individual track" enjoyment as well. The 25th Hour seems to be more of the concept album, and less of the song-oriented album as its predecessors. VD clearly shows a bit of maturing here, I believe. Though I was not greeted immediately with a VD signature "sing-along" chorus, the album as a whole is showcasing something really great between Olaf and Luppi.

Edit: Ok, and the nods to The Perfect Machine are fucking brilliant. Very a la DT.

I think it's another grower from Vision Divine. SoC wasn't real immediate with me .. took several spins, and this new one is following a similar course. There's lots of a good stuff here ... some really speedy stuff as well that will make some people really happy. I prefer the more melodic stuff, but I don't mind a swift kick in the butt now and again. The Perfect Machine was a much more immediate disc for me that this new one or SoC, but I prefer SoC a bit over it, and I wouldn't be suprised to see the new one eventually rate a little above it as well. Quality band ... one of the better Progressive Power metal bands out there.

Britt