Warner absorbs Roadrunner Records EU and UK, people lose jobs, bands get pissed

I will never regret getting in line to meet Ice T and Coco!!!! That ruled!

I did wait in line to meet DANZIG because he VERY rarely does signings.
I got a lot of my original Misfits singles signed.

That's funny about Portnoy. I guess after a while these musicians who do regular meet n greets are so robotic about it, which as some say, makes the whole thing less special anyhow.

I will never regret getting in line to meet Ice T and Coco!!!! That ruled!

I did wait in line to meet DANZIG because he VERY rarely does signings.
I got a lot of my original Misfits singles signed.

That's funny about Portnoy. I guess after a while these musicians who do regular meet n greets are so robotic about it, which as some say, makes the whole thing less special anyhow.

My intentions were not to take the thread this direction.
I met Ice T once he seemed like a dick. And every time I have passed by, met, and hung out with Danzig he seemed like a nice guy at the time. This was when I was much younger when I also got a lot of Misfits singles signed, sadly I lost all my punk/hardcore records in a split years ago. Only thing left is 'Evil Live' on green vinyl signed by all of them, think I even got Henry but again this was a long time ago. I don't get to excited over that stuff anymore, I think there was a few instances that kind of woke me up so to speak.
When I was fifteen I had my Confessor 'Condemned' signed and I really wish I had not done that now. But hey maybe one day I'll fine another one.

Years ago I went to a Mike Portnoy drum clinic, and afterwards he let us get in line for a quick hi and autographs. When I got up to him I just thanked him for a lot of drum inspiration.....and then he goes "so what do you want me to sign for you?". I'm like nothing just wanted to say thanks. The look he gave me was priceless haha then I walked off.

That is all some of us want to do. Shake their hand and say thank you for the music. The autographs are icing on the cake for some fans.

Years ago I went to a Kamelot show in Seminole, Fla. It was a launching party for "The Black Halo" tour. Afterwards Kamelot came out and hung around for a meet and greet. That was the best. No formal autograph session just hung out and had a few beers and let the fans mingle with them. Kamelot thanked the fans as much as the fans thanked them.

The pictures and autographs are to remind me of the bands that I liked enough to meet and greet if I am unfortunate enough to develop Alzheimer's as I age not so gracefully.

Back on topic though from someone who does not know much about the sale of RR. Was the sale agreed to or was it a hostile takeover?

Angela from Arch Enemy had a great quote regarding the whole situation:

Arch Enemy vocalist Angela Gossow has also weighed in on the matter, with a grave warning to all metal lovers. “Metal fans stop buying music, they download it ‘for free.’ Labels dont make money with selling metal music anymore. Labels first cut down their offices and staff, then they will drop all the artists who don’t sell CDs anymore. Metal bands are the first to go. It’s a small niche compared to mainstream music.”
She added that with no label, most metal bands would be unable to survive. “Bands have no label support anymore, thus won’t get any tour support, so they cannot go out and build a live profile / make a name as a good live band anymore. The only real income for a band these days. This results in lack of touring offers in general. Every time you rip music for free, you tick the ‘I don’t care if my fave band will die’ box in a way. Think about it. Twice.”

I have to say I agree. 5-10 years ago, at the Record & CD Collector Shows I promote, I could count on 3-4 dozen metal fans on average at every show. Some shows (Raleigh, Knoxville) we'd even see 5-6 dozen. Now it's at less than a dozen at some. And we've done all we can think of (with our small budget) to bring them back. And having spoken with some of the former customers, online sales is a factor, but free downloads are the main factor. And these same "fans" say they're big supporters of the bands, even though they don't go see them live much, don't buy the band's cds, dvd, or their tour merch. Maybe somewhere along the line I missed the new definition of "fan".