What albums are your biggest disappointments of 2003?

I think the iced earth samples are the disappointment. man, that is no good. If it's coming out january, i probly won't be picking it up for a long while after that.

<<Katatonia - Viva Emptiness: This album is finally starting to grow on me, but I still find it to be a very cold and bitter album which the sound I want from this band. It seems like they fealt required to be "heavy" again, and they forced it into songs that just didn't need it. Overall, I think the heaviness gets in the way of most of the songs.>>

That was my first impression as well, although I have adjusted to their newfound approach to the point where I like the majority of the album, this was definitely a grower at least for me. Although I do agree that the heaviness does sound forced and works against the song in places.

BastrdDrmr said:
all Nevermore sucks. Warrel needs to stop trying to sound so scary all the time. It's just gay.
Arch Enemy sucks, Angela needs to stop sounding like a man all the time.:Smug:

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Arch Enemy sucks, Angela needs to stop sounding like a man all the time.:Smug:
...and I guess it's better in a melodic death metal band for the singer to sound like a little bitch with no balls. Take Speed Strid on the most recent Soilwork release and Anders Friden on the latest In Flames release.

David Lee Roth-What the hell was he thinking?!

Queensryche-Tribe-Why?

Iron Maiden-Dance of Death-A friend burned me a copy, thought it would blow my mind. It didn't & I bought something else...

Metallica-St. Anger-It wasn't a total bomb, there were 5 "good" tracks on there, the DVD drum tracks sounded a hell of a lot better, but like you didn't know this already...

You know, i think my least favorite nevermore album (you nevermore fans are gonna kill me) is Politics of Extacy. It's not that it's bad, i just like the other albums much better.

I forgot to include Katatonia's "Viva Emptiness" in my disappointment list... for the same reasons as mentioned before...

Everyone has a different opinion on Nevermore.

I don't know... Masterplan, maybe... Metallica for sure... but hell, I expected for that... and, uhh... oh, yes! the new Nevermore record was a total waste too! and... it's not exactly an album-ish disappointment, but the fact that SymphX is not coming to Brazil this year brought me some sadness, because I was filled with hope about this... I hope 2004 they come to Brazil, then!

Enemies of Reality slays Dead Heart in a Dead World.

The newest Arch Enemy album is a disappointment.

Andromeda's "II-I" is a major improvement over their debut. I can't understand what people see in their first one. It was far more generic sounding.

I wasn't really saying Arch Enemy sucks, i was just giving a comback to that very mature comment about Nevermore, i thought it was obvious...but oh well, i havent heard enough AE to jusge really.

And whats wrong with Speeds voice in Figr #5? Its sure as hell better than his empty screaming in earlier albums. And am i the only one that likes that album?