What are death/black metal concerts like?

well, ive been in lots of shows here the past years... cannibal corpse twice, krisiun a couple of times, and damn...they are loud.... at the first krisiun show, i was around 17 years old, and i thought i was going to get my ass kicked really bad... but on this koncert, there werent any beating, it was just head banging and drinking, although me and my friends did some funny shit around there...hehehe

ive been to napalm death, slayer, motorhead, Brujeria, sepultura, korzus, marduk, morbid angel...fuck, theres a big fucking list... never used ear plugs, my hearing is fine...although the day after te koncert my ears ar buzzing... but i made some listening test shit on augost last year, the doc. sayd it was perfect....

but mabe it takes a long time untill i get to be death... and probably u dont want that... me neither, but i allways forget to put the damn year plugs...
but wtf.... i like it that way.... and many people say that there are drug addicts and shit... but man... the only thing u might see, or smeel is weed...

and about the "beating up" its nothing... its something just for fun... like me and my friends... we run into each other untill someone fells down... or 2 guys hold annother one on the legs and start spinning him around so were the only ones in the "circle"... stupid things like that... never got hurted on a show, and if someone fells down or get hurted, the people around him allways helps him up...

like once what happened to me in a gig on brazil... it was a couple of brazilian death/grind bands... i got "bad pulse" and i passed out... a couple of guys took me to the wall and they got me to sit down, and they came with food and water.....

and of course, there are lots of headbangin, for ex. now, my neck is fucking in pain... went to Exmortem (danish death metal band) 2 days ago...head banged almost all the koncert....and also...the drinking... some get wasted... but i drink a couple of beers, i dont get wasted cause i wanna remember the koncert.

when i come to think about it, i actually never went to a corpse paint true black metal concert... i mean i did see Enslaved/Vreid/Himinbjorg but they're viking BM and i saw Anorexia Nervosa but that was in a festival with lots of death metal bands, i also saw this french underground band called Maleficencia but that was in a naut barge (is that how we say "péniche" in english belgar? :p) with other death metal bands too.. anyway what i mean is that i never really went to a true black metal concert. fuck i gotta take care of that. :p

anorexia nervosa... do they do corpse paints? they sound like it, but I've never seen them live unfortunately...

yeah they do some corpse paint, but when i saw them i was kinda disapointed cause the singer looked stupid and mooved around in a gay fashion :p like waving his hair about, and he was dressed like shit too. but i did see a video of a live show where he was cool though...

OnceSealedInBlood said:
No offence...but hardcore sucks...thats just my opinion....Play Viking/Death/Black metal, or dont play at all...that also, just my opinion. Except Danzig...newer Danzig is more along the lines of a Heavy Metal. Iluciferi is a good album...I bought it used for $11 Cdn....or 15c american....

I really don't mind hardcore music but the bands draw some gayass crowds. And I live in an area that's swamped with it so whenever any metal bands come around here chances are the openers are a few hardcore bands. Like when I went to see Arch Enemy and Cradle of Filth.

Anyway yeah most of the better known hardcore sucks. Metalcore sucks completely. But I'll at least say that I've seen quite a few hardcore bands that could hold their own musically. It gets better though when you start getting into the more grindcore type bands. Basically a whole genre spawned by more famous death metal bands, one of the most noteable influences being Cannibal Corpse, especially since their home base is very close to the whole hardcore scene. Listen to stuff by Daughters or Fuck I'm Dead for an example.

Anglorfin said:
I really don't mind hardcore music but the bands draw some gayass crowds. And I live in an area that's swamped with it so whenever any metal bands come around here chances are the openers are a few hardcore bands. Like when I went to see Arch Enemy and Cradle of Filth.

Anyway yeah most of the better known hardcore sucks. Metalcore sucks completely. But I'll at least say that I've seen quite a few hardcore bands that could hold their own musically. It gets better though when you start getting into the more grindcore type bands. Basically a whole genre spawned by more famous death metal bands, one of the most noteable influences being Cannibal Corpse, especially since their home base is very close to the whole hardcore scene. Listen to stuff by Daughters or Fuck I'm Dead for an example.

Nasum is grindcore right? They have a few good songs on the used CD I bought; Inhale Exhale. What pisses me off, is that it has like 35 songs on it....but each one is like 1 minute long, and a few are about 30 seconds. Also, almost all of the songs sound EXACTLY the same. But yeah, is Nasum grindcore?

yep grindcore is mostly about short songs :p, but i find that pretty cool, just one minute of violence and then its over :p in concerts that makes it cool too. the last grindcore band i was live is Ultra Vomit, and they even played a 8 secons song :D that was funny shit.

I'd still put grindcore under the DM category cus punk is gay. Anyway I guess I wasn't specific. I was more referring to the musical themes that grindcore takes on. In that I think it related more closely to death than punk by far. Punk by definition has deep roots in politics. Sone gc does but most doesn't. I was under the impression that the majority of it is about death and blood and stuff.

Oh and for stuff like blastbeats. I thought that was definately more of a metal invention than a punk invention.

i once decided to check Rancid out cause i heard it was a really famous punk band and all, anyway having seen a pic of them before i thought it would be violent music but its actually so fucking gay... at least it seemed gay to me.
i prefer oï in that category, and btw Feraliminal, i got slsk working again and my brother lent me evil skin so i can put it on my computor, so whats ur slsk username again? :D cause i didnt write it down and i'm too lazy to search for it. :)

oh yeah your right Fera, sorry about that. but i didnt say all punk was gay, i said that the songs of rancid i heard were gay. but its true it sounds like i'm generalising so i apologise, i admit i dont know much about punk in general.

Celtik Militia said:
i once decided to check Rancid out cause i heard it was a really famous punk band and all, anyway having seen a pic of them before i thought it would be violent music but its actually so fucking gay... at least it seemed gay to me.
i prefer oï in that category, and btw Feraliminal, i got slsk working again and my brother lent me evil skin so i can put it on my computor, so whats ur slsk username again? :D cause i didnt write it down and i'm too lazy to search for it. :)

Same here, I thought they were some kind of 77 punk band or whatever they call it, but the shit sounds like one of those GoodBlinkSum 41182 whateverthafuck charlotte. Absolutely horrible!

Punk just turns me off. Maybe it's cus I live close to so many of them. Can't stand their fucking idealism. Seriously one of the most clique-prone genres ever. Biggest group of fucking snobs I've ever come into contact with. I've gone to a few shows and i't like if you don't dress in rags and dye your hair you don't exist.