What do you keep in Slate's samples for metal ?

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Well, the question is in the title.

I'm a lot interested in Steve Slate's banks, but I just know I won't use a lot of them, just as I do with Toontrack's sounds. I would barely use the best snares and kicks for drum replacement, maybe the toms, and the hihats/overheads only for programmed drums.

So what do you guys still use after a moment having it ? I would be interested by the LE version, which costs 150$, but would I miss too many of the best samples ? The kit list is not shown for the full version, only the LE where I can read 3 or 4 metal kits (which seems already nice !) and some modern rock kits.

Thanks

Steven's putting out a new edition soon, called EX or something like that I think it was.
$99 for a smaller amount of kits.

The idea is that it attracts in customers like you, and myself where you want the drums but the price is perhaps too much.
Theres a topic on the main board, go check it out, there's details there :)

I got it. Okay this kit sounds to fit my needs, especially with the fact that he added the possibility to buy a metal pack with 4 new metal kits. That would do 6 kits (that means 6 kicks and 6 snares) + 4 rock kicks and snare for 150$. I'm a customer yet :)